PDA

View Full Version : teachers and temporary residency

Bels
21-10-2007, 19:27
As some of you know I'm wating for an answer on my temporary residency.
It's very disappointing to hear that even with this residency, due to new laws an employer will still need to apply to ovir for a work permit or invitation.

This is disappointing as many wanted the advantage of seeking work as and when they choose without being restricted to one employer. Also there are many employers who would have difficulty in getting you this invitation.

However this probably won't give me any problems as I plan to apply for private entrepenuer as a self employed person. And I will probably be busy any way.

But just an idea for those seeking work and working for who ever they want to work for, or for perhaps those self employed free lancers who want to bve legal. The suggestion is when seeking work at various school, you legally chrge them for your services, and legally invoice them which you will have the ability to do. Pro-forma of course. The price, as a figure of speech could be 1,500 rublees per academic hour no matter what the size of the group. It could one or it could be twenty.Perhaps more if the school offers only a few hours or is in an inconvenient are to you.

leelee
21-10-2007, 20:04
As a teacher you dont need a work permit

Bels
21-10-2007, 20:17
As a teacher you dont need a work permit

But you need a personal invitation from the school. And if the school is not already registered with the authorities, the invit may take three month or more and it will cost the school money. Also the school needs to be suitable and licensed under certain regulations.

xSnoofovich
21-10-2007, 20:37
where do you get your information from bels? there are different categories of workers.

english teachers are the one category that doesn't require a work permit

you can get a letter of invite from many places. just google "russian+visa"

Bels
21-10-2007, 20:38
Also there is a new work visa on the way that would be more convenient than this 90 days entry and 90 days outside.

SalTheReturn
21-10-2007, 20:40
seems like bels is overly confused, i expected, given all the time he spent in russia, to be him the one giving info to others

all i saw in the last weeks its him going from folder to folder posting stuff on how a teacher should do here and how a teachers should behave for and all blablabla

boring

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 20:42
seems like bels is overly confused, i expected, given all the time he spent in russia, to be him the one giving info to others

all i saw in the last weeks its him going from folder to folder posting stuff on how a teacher should do here and how a teachers should behave for and all blablabla

boring

:)

Bels
21-10-2007, 20:46
where do you get your information from bels? there are different categories of workers.

english teachers are the one category that don't require a work permit

Then you are working illegally. The invitation must come from a registered school.

Bels
21-10-2007, 20:52

english teachers are the one category that don't require a work permit

Then you are working illegally. The invitation must come from a registered school.

Bels
21-10-2007, 21:11

boring

Looks like you have a compatible buddy joining you in every one of your posts
Perhaps you should both meet up in your favourite Macdonalds and tell us about it.Then perhaps you can make a more interesting thread than I can.:rolleyes:

Bels
21-10-2007, 21:15

boring

It's a forum.Teachers can disagree and negotiate and tell me when I am wrong. And they are perfectly capable in doing so. We even have to put up with people like you who come up with nothing constructive except picking up chicks in Macdonalds.

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 21:18
It's a forum.Teachers can disagree and negotiate and tell me when I am wrong. And they are perfectly capable in doing so. We even have to put up with people like you who come up with nothing constructive except picking up chicks in Macdonalds.

how rude...!!!

and seems you have been carefully looking through all his posts:eh:

Bels
21-10-2007, 21:23
how rude...!!!

and seems you have been carefully looking through all his posts:eh:

And I joined in with his posts :)

xSnoofovich
21-10-2007, 21:38
Also there is a new work visa on the way that would be more convenient than this 90 days entry and 90 days outside.

umm, maybe this is a business visa that you have been or are talking about ?

I was under the impression that a working under a work visa meant that people didn't have to leave Russia, even to renew a visa. you have to fill out lots of forms here in Moscow, get lots of tests done, and there are only x amount allowed under law a year -that's what the last little work visa crisis in August/September was about.

and the situation about 90 days in / 90 out was

A) only for Brits ( i might be wrong about this )

and

B) only from visas issued from some, if not almost all of the EU countries

SalTheReturn
21-10-2007, 21:43
umm, maybe this is a business visa that you have or are talking about ?

I was under the impression that a working under a work visa meant that people didn't have to leave Russia, even to renew a visa. you have to fill out lots of forms here in Moscow, get lots of tests done, and there are only x amount allowed under law a year -that's what the last little work visa crisis in August/September was about.

and

but your point is that since you are a teacher you think you can just get an invitation letter somewhere and consider yourself legal? no dude, it is not like that:bedtime:

SalTheReturn
21-10-2007, 21:45
Perhaps you should both meet up in your favourite Macdonalds and tell us about it.Then perhaps you can make a more interesting thread than I can.:rolleyes:

im too old for nataliaapple, she likes guys around their 20s and im already 28yo

as regards my posts Bels, i have nothing against you and like you. this is just an internet forum not real life.
personally im just shocked by the fact that you lived and worked in russia since a long time and you find yourself asking info to backpackers teachers.
you disappointed me, you were mu idle:nut:

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 21:47

a creative match-maker

Bels
21-10-2007, 21:50
umm, maybe this is a business visa that you have or are talking about ?

and

Wow, How long have you been away for, from reading recent posts. You've got some reading to do and may I suggest you phone up Liga consultant and start asking some questions if you can't take my word for it. Yes there are a lot of expats confused for the moment due to new laws coming into force.

But in regards to a teacher needing an invitation direct from the school. This is old news. Very few schools have this registration. Two I know of is Language Link and BKC.

xSnoofovich
21-10-2007, 21:51
but your point is that since you are a teacher you think you can just get an invitation letter somewhere and consider yourself legal? no dude, it is not like that:bedtime:

heh. so someone once told me,

" in russia, the quickest way to get from point a to point b is not always in a straight line. "

xSnoofovich
21-10-2007, 21:56
Wow, How long have you been away for, from reading recent posts. You've got some reading to do and may I suggest you phone up Liga consultant and start asking some questions if you can't take my word for it. Yes there are a lot of expats confused for the moment due to new laws coming into force.

But in regards to a teacher needing an invitation direct from the school. This is old news. Very few schools have this registration. Two I know of is Language Link and BKC.

yea, i just read that. sounds interesting. and sounds like it sucks for alot of people. since i have a work permit, it doesnt apply to me.

and btw, how much do you know about schools, and how to do business here bels?

i know that you are gung-ho on teachers and raising pay per hour and really anti-school, but, in all respect, you are running a 2 man operation.

i am guessing here, but, have you ever worked at an english school here in moscow?

how much do you know of the laws surrounding this subject, and how many people have you actually talked to about this?

people that know what they are talking about?

besides, it's one thing to talk about it, theory and all, but when you actually do do it, then you will find out its quite a different picture.

Bels
21-10-2007, 22:04
yea, i just read that. sounds interesting. and sounds like it sucks for alot of people. since i have a work permit, it doesnt apply to me.

and btw, how much do you know about schools, and how to do business here bels?

i know that you are gung-ho on teachers and raising pay per hour and really anti-school, but, in all respect, you are running a 2 man operation.

i am guessing here, but, have you ever worked at an english school here in moscow?

how much do you know of the laws surrounding this subject, and how many people have you actually talked to about this?

people that know what they are talking about?

besides, it's one thing to talk about it, theory and all, but when you actually do do it, then you will find out its quite a different picture.

My wifes the expert, it's her sort of business. Yes it's very difficult and I welcome any knowledge you have on this thread.

At the moment we are not sure whether we want a licensed school. But my wife will continue making her enquiries to the local authorities. Entrepeneur registration seems the best bet for the time being.

Bels
21-10-2007, 22:08
Actually it,s currently a one man band with a lot of voluntary support from the spouse.

Bels
21-10-2007, 22:10
im too old for nataliaapple, she likes guys around their 20s and im already 28yo

as regards my posts Bels, i have nothing against you and like you. this is just an internet forum not real life.
personally im just shocked by the fact that you lived and worked in russia since a long time and you find yourself asking info to backpackers teachers.
you disappointed me, you were mu idle:nut:

Back-packers and those who are here to stay especially. All are welcome to stick together and participate in the forum. Even you Sal

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 22:11
Back-packers and those who are here to stay especially. All are welcome to stick together and participate in the forum. Even you Sal

you seem to have a secret passion for him

xSnoofovich
21-10-2007, 22:19
Actually it,s currently a one man band with a lot of voluntary support from the spouse.

Best of luck with that, and i really mean that. It is hard to be a foreigner here in moscow, and the best person to have on your side is your missus.

Bels
21-10-2007, 22:30
you seem to have a secret passion for him

Yes thanks again Sal.For participating very well in getting me in second place. If you know what I mean :)

xSnoofovich
21-10-2007, 22:33
..... I welcome any knowledge you have on this thread......

i will be a little cryptic here -

but,

if you ask the right questions, i will give you the answers.

Bels
21-10-2007, 22:38
i will be a little cryptic here -

but,

if you ask the right questions, i will give you the answers.

Your answer is welcome, and your answers will be most welcome.

Bearing in mind it is a forum I will think about the questions carefully.

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 22:38
Yes thanks again Sal.For participating very well in getting me in second place. If you know what I mean :)

maybe you will win that кофеварка or whatever it is in the next month:)

Bels
21-10-2007, 22:40
I've just been given some vodka and honey for my cold. So not tonight :)

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 22:42
ooohhhh

please be careful, dress warm in Moscow

hope you enjoyed your vodka:drink:

Bels
21-10-2007, 23:10
ooohhhh

please be careful, dress warm in Moscow

hope you enjoyed your vodka:drink:

Enjoyed and now sleepy:bedtime:

natalia_apple
21-10-2007, 23:11
sweet dreams

i for one dreamt of the big deep blue sea last night

thva
21-10-2007, 23:34

please clarify what you mean about this!

Bels
22-10-2007, 00:03
Hopefully you are aware from other threads about 90 days in and ninety days out business visas coming in force by the end of the year. Either with the schools invitation and business visa this won't affect teachers, or there is a new work visa on the way which will include the requirement of the schools invitation.

Verify if you wish with liga consultants or official goverment sites supplied on this forum.

SalTheReturn
22-10-2007, 00:24
Best of luck with that, and i really mean that. It is hard to be a foreigner here in moscow, and the best person to have on your side is your missus.

it is not so hard, just stay well out of the foreigner circle

russians have great heart and are very welcoming people...many times i felt like a baby having lots of mums:)

natalia_apple
22-10-2007, 00:26
it is not so hard, just stay well out of the foreigner circle

russians have great heart and are very welcoming people...many times i felt like a baby having lots of mums:)

:)

nyinrussia
23-11-2007, 11:37
umm, maybe this is a business visa that you have been or are talking about ?

and

I am sorry to say that the new business visa affects everyone who holds it at the moment. At least I am American and I know it affects me. It is my understanding the what Bels is saying is correct that even to teach legally you need to have had a personal invitation or a work permit. Also remember that the new laws are constantly being formed so what may have been true 3 months ago is no longer the case.

Bels
01-12-2007, 20:50
Hello Sal :watching: My posts have been confirmed yet again :) So what do you think now about my confusions yet again. How many times do I have to put you right :)

Clean32
01-12-2007, 21:12
LOL Sal again