PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the following.......

nissenpa
11-08-2012, 11:44
(if they exist here)

1. cooking spray (don't get me wrong I love butter but sometimes cooking spray is more convenient and fits the purpose better).

2. kale or collard greens?

3. cling wrap that clings (saran wrap)

4. Ajax, Barkeepers Friend, or other scrub for kitchen sinks and pans

Thanks in advance. :)

penka
11-08-2012, 11:49
1.4. Try to look at some supermarkets, Azbuka vkusa, Sedjmoi continent.
3. Not sure it exists. Ask smb to bring /send you some from the States.

Mangold they sell at farmer's markets. Haven't seen the kale.

Talk to Benedikt. If anybody, he should know.

FatAndy
11-08-2012, 14:01
3. If I understand this enemy's language correctly, it is пищевая плёнка:
http://images.yandex.ru/yandsearch?text=%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%89%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D1%8F+%D0%BF%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B0

Polish "Paclan" brand is popular enough, I remember it in Perekrestok:

http://kulmag.ru/StoreImages/183_138387_middle.jpg

4. For teflon-coated pans I use Fairy liquid dish detergent + spongue
For ceramic-coated ones - just sodium bicarbonate powder + spongue (slightly abrasive), then Fairy.
For kitchen sinks - just any cleaning liquid or powder from supermarket.

Benedikt
11-08-2012, 16:11
[QUOTE=nissenpa;1039189](if they exist here)

1. cooking spray (don't get me wrong I love butter but sometimes cooking spray is more convenient and fits the purpose better).

cooking spray does not exist in Russia. No one works with it. if you realy want it, you need friends at the commissary shop at the American embassy or get it from the States or the UK. In 20 years in Russia i have seen it once or twice at METRO, but they said they took it off again, no one buys it.

2. kale or collard greens?

Pak Choi (Mangold) some know it under either name, you can find sometimes on the local market or it will be nice if you have a METRO card( the supermarket not subway...) they have it but not all the time.Might want to give it a try at Dorogomilovskaya market.They tend to have all things that are scares,hard to find and expensive.

3. cling wrap that clings (saran wrap)

you got a post and picture here already. unfortunately the rolls are very small indeed. if you want BIG rolls and also thick foil, go to a place like Obi, Leroi Merlin or the local construction material market, like Kashirka 2, Sindika O, Tushino Kolchosnaya Rynok and the like.
Another lucky try might be, look where they sell these one way plastic plates and the like, they also have it there. At AUCHAN i also ahve seen thick rolls of cling foil, one time with other smaller cling wrap and alu foil, the next time where they keep the one way things, plates, cutlery and the like.

[COLOR="red"]4. Ajax, Barkeepers Friend, or other scrub for kitchen sinks and pans

Might not be AJAX, i seldom look at the labels, at the moment i have at home SORTI (it is written on in english letters) the next time it might be Pemalux, it is all the same, scouring powder.
Very nice cleaner, all in English letters, CIF Cream, does not scratch, because it is no powder. SINCE IT IS NOT EXPENSIVE, IT IS ALWAYS AT THE BOTTOM SHELVES, in the section WHERE THEY HAVE ALL THE WASHING POWDER.So you have to bend down to find it.