i would like to say
Congratulations

to the russians for kicking the poms a$$'s

now i will go back to sulking about the rugby

Korotky Gennady
17-10-2007, 23:33
i

now i will go back to sulking about the rugby

No sulking. Your kiwis were good on the field. I was for them. It's matter of fortune in the most part that they lost to France...

Bels
17-10-2007, 23:37
Don.t bother about the rugby, even if England wins. Football is the game, and gongrats to the Russian. WE can only look forward to the World cup now.

Hey! It was Greeces time last Euro! Where are they now

Aussie Mark
18-10-2007, 00:20
Firstly, Congrats to the Ruskies!!!! I was right behind you!

Don.t bother about the rugby

WTF!!!

Football might be football might be football all over the world but Rugby is, as quoted by the big Man himself, the game played in Heaven...

I am a sport fan when it comes down to it. I love watching Australia play in any sport, soccer, Rugby, swimming, Motor racing, cycling etc. etc. etc.

What really makes the difference are how they are supported... Soccer's biggest problem is the face that their fan's passion turns into violence. Rugby Union fans have a love for the game, a passion for their team and a respect for all fans. During the game it's all about your team and supporting them to the end, after the game it's about meeting real people with real passion and being able to share a beer...

...and sharing the odd Berocca the next day...

Aussie Mark
18-10-2007, 00:24
Oh... and by the way...

Go the BOKS!!!!!! Crush those F#$&ing POMS!!!

Lucy
19-10-2007, 03:57
Clean32 and Aussie Mark,

Would you be so kind as to tell me what's behind your apparently deep hatred for England (if it is not something very personal,
of course.) I have loved that country since childhood that's why it really hurts me to read those repeated insulting posts of yours.
To my mind it's very sad that you, being native English speakers, seem to have no feeling for England at all and couldn't find a
word of commiseration to the fellow English expats. As for me, I think it is a great pity that Russia and England can't participate
in the next Euro together. :twofaced:

Mark, where is your proclaimed "respect for all fans"? If the underdog wins a glorious victory over the favourite, it always deserves admiration and respect, I suppose. So I'm praying for the English win this Saturday!
BTW I've decided to stop editing my students' messages to you in protest against your spiteful attitude towards the English Rugby Team. :p You'll see the difference... ;)

Bels
19-10-2007, 11:10
Clean32 and Aussie Mark,

Would you be so kind as to tell me what's behind your apparently deep hatred for England (if it is not something very personal,
of course.) I have loved that country since childhood that's why it really hurts me to read those repeated insulting posts of yours.
To my mind it's very sad that you, being native English speakers, seem to have no feeling for England at all and couldn't find a
word of commiseration to the fellow English expats. As for me, I think it is a great pity that Russia and England can't participate

Mark, where is your proclaimed "respect for all fans"? If the underdog wins a glorious victory over the favourite, it always deserves admiration and respect, I suppose. So I'm praying for the English win this Saturday!
BTW I've decided to stop editing my students' messages to you in protest against your spiteful attitude towards the English Rugby Team. :p You'll see the difference... ;)

I suggest you don't take any of the English native speakers seriously. We've always been this way.

Aussie Mark
20-10-2007, 09:53
Clean32 and Aussie Mark,

Hi Lucy, great post!!!!!

But BELS is right, there is a lot of sarcasm in all these statements. In fact I would be very surprised if the vast majority of native English speakers (maybe except Americans) who are on this site, have not spend a fair amount of time in England, love the country for what it is, and have many friends from there. What you have to also realise is that the subject here is only about the support for England sporting teams, it is not about the country or people at all. I have previously lived there for about 2 years, love the village lifestyle, the history and many more aspects that don't need further explaination.

There is a lot of history behind the apparent hatred but without going into the boring details what you are mistaking for hatred is passion... Passion for my wounded Wallabies... Given that, I have many friends from England and I have expressed my respect to them beating Australia... still hurts though, but as I said in my previous post, I will be buying them and round of beers next time I see them. Even for BELS if we ever meet!

In this Rugby World Cup, England have played well, well enough to make the final of course, and given 2 equal teams on the day, have every chance to be the first team in Rugby World Cup history to defend the title, an amazing achievement if they can do it tonight. I have a lot of respect for that, truly.

By the way... Clean and I seem to be united in this topic right now... wait for the next Bledisloe Cup series between the All Blacks and the Wallabies, you will see that there is no mention of England, just those "Stinking FW#$ing Kiwi A$#@holes" from across the Tasman who have MY Trophy!

Now it's my Scottish ancestry that hate the country and people of England! :verycool:

Bels
20-10-2007, 19:09
And Clean32 is only sore about New zealand not being in the final

And England is :hooray:

However with due respect clean32 has said much in support of England and UK in the past. Apart from the sport of course. :)