PDA

View Full Version : ЁЛКИ ПАЛКИ (yolki Palki)...

Billie Bob
17-10-2007, 12:26
http://www.turizm24.ru/pics/ru_big/4494.jpg

Folks,

Is there a descent democratic "russian" restaurant in this country? When Yolki Palki openned up back in 1996 in Tishinsky rynok, it was like a life saver. They really tried to do a great job, serving fantastic meals and the atmosphere was perfect!

I have different views and experiences from this chow out place...

The last time I went to Yolki Palki was a year ago in Strogino. Didnt like it much. and for some odd reason, Im in a mood to go to Yolki Palki...

anyone, any comments? whats worth eating there? whats not worth, or just scratch the idea? or is there hope behind my quest???

Im hoping for some russian-fest, something oozzy good thick russian borshch, blinchiki filled with meat, maybe a salad bar....

care to share your feelings about the place? :cool:

DBND
17-10-2007, 22:31
I go there on average twice a year. It is a nice change when we have company guests, tired of hotel and Puskin like restaurants.

Tried a few over the last 2 years: Arbat was good (3 years ago), same for the one at Taganskaya/Marksistskaya metro. The one on the garden ring, next to Azbuka Vkusa, between Tverskaya and the road to Novoslobodskaya (can't remember the name, and yes, you can buy good nuts there in the peregod) is so so, and the one near Sokolniki was just bad.

I usually go for the salad bar, sometimes something extra from the menu, and 0.5l of kvas...

So take your pick!

ezik
17-10-2007, 22:40
We have one on Baumanskaya, too.

FANTA
17-10-2007, 23:29
I have one on Krasnopresnenskaya... Not a bad place)

18-10-2007, 10:03
And on Alekseevskaya, 100 meters after the metro in the direction to VDNK (right side of P. Mira from the metro). Face to MacDonald if you prefer :jester:

Umutt65
18-10-2007, 23:46
I have never been there yet.

katiar
19-10-2007, 09:44
i donít go there anymore and not because i donít like the place but because i overeat every time i am there :sick:

ilya.muz
21-10-2007, 11:15
I go there every now and then, but last time on the Arbat (m. Smolenskaya) it was just sickening. Thats coming from someone who's lived in England most of his life ;)