PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Football Transfers

Judge
09-07-2012, 23:16
Lots of talk about who is going where..I'm interested in seeing where Lucas Moura will end up.Inter Milan are favourites,but Man Utd and Real are sniffing around..Some of the tricks he does are mind-boggling
Check out this video of Moura ,the guy looks the real deal..

Lucas Moura 2012 Wonder Skills HD - YouTube

Judge
09-07-2012, 23:56
Man City fans will sleep soundly tonight..

Mancini ends Man City exit fears as title-winning boss pens new five-year deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170987/Roberto-Mancini-signs-year-Manchester-City-contract.html

martpark
10-07-2012, 00:49
Best signing of the summer so far....for me.

The Guardian:
Roberto Mancini signs five-year Manchester City deal

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has signed a new five-year contract with the Premier League champions.

Mancini replaced Mark Hughes as City boss in December 2009, guiding them to the FA Cup in 2011.

A year later, City secured their first league title since 1968.

"Manchester City is a fantastic football club," Mancini told the club's website. "I am very much looking forward to the challenges and excitement ahead."

"I am delighted to be able to give all of my efforts to Manchester City for a further five years. The opportunity which exists to build on our recent success is enormous," he added.

Mancini brought the Premier League crown to the Etihad Stadium on a dramatic final day of the season when Sergio Aguero's injury-time strike snatched a 3-2 win over QPR and secured the championship on goal difference over rivals Manchester United.

City begin their defence of the title at home to Southampton on 19 August, but Mancini also has a second Champions League campaign to prepare for.

Their first appearance in the competition ended when they failed to progress from a group that contained eventual finalists Bayern Munich.

"This new agreement allows Roberto to focus on the challenge of guiding a team which is capable not only of defending the Premier League title, but one which can compete for European honours," said City's interim chief executive John MacBeath.

Reports had linked 47-year-old Mancini with the post of Russia manager, vacant since the departure of Dick Advocaat after Euro 2012.

City's title win added to Mancini's success in his previous managerial post at Inter Milan, where he won Serie A in three consecutive seasons.

Former City defender Danny Mills believes Mancini would have left the club this summer if he had not delivered the title last season.

"It's a massive cliche but in football goals do change games and they also change managerial careers," he told BBC Radio 5 live.

"If that Sergio Aguero goal after three minutes of stoppage time hadn't gone in then Mancini could have been on his way out and looking for another job.

"He will be in demand and the owners want stability. They've got a training ground under development and they want it to be a super academy and Mancini is seen as a massive part of that."

PeteD
10-07-2012, 00:56
Lots of talk about who is going where..I'm interested in seeing where Lucas Moura will end up.Inter Milan are favourites,but Man Utd and Real are sniffing around..Some of the tricks he does are mind-boggling
Check out this video of Moura ,the guy looks the real deal..

Lucas Moura 2012 Wonder Skills HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4_xKrs2Xw)

Great video!

He's like a cross between Hernandes, Ronaldo with a bit of George Best thrown in too!!!

I hope Fergie's scouts are impressing upon him!!

harrycallaghan
10-07-2012, 12:18
If Lucas Moura went to Manchester United Nani would start crying again, someone who is better at tricks than him... I doubt he would go there, I dont think united are the force they once were, even taken into consideration they were missing Vidic for a crucial part of last season, arguably the best center half in the world.

PeteD
10-07-2012, 12:23
If Lucas Moura went to Manchester United Nani would start crying again, someone who is better at tricks than him... I doubt he would go there, I dont think united are the force they once were, even taken into consideration they were missing Vidic for a crucial part of last season, arguably the best center half in the world.

From watching the video, my thoughts were that it might be Danny Welbeck who would be displaced.

United lost the League, on goal difference only, in the last 2 minutes of the season!!! I don't agree with your comment about them not being the force that they once were - mind you, I confess to being a little biased!

;)

harrycallaghan
10-07-2012, 12:38
I appreciate that, but going on the evidence of last year where both man city and united ended up in the europa league isnt a good sign, and as for english football where a 37 or something year old comes out of retirement to have a part to play in rescuing a big clubs league isnt a good sign.
What I do know is united need strong midfielders who will control the game.

Nobbynumbnuts
10-07-2012, 16:07
I appreciate that, but going on the evidence of last year where both man city and united ended up in the europa league isnt a good sign, and as for english football where a 37 or something year old comes out of retirement to have a part to play in rescuing a big clubs league isnt a good sign.
What I do know is united need strong midfielders who will control the game.

Latest being report this morning on the BBC is that United have sent a delegation to Brazil with a 30 mil. offer.
Would be fantastic if they can pull it off.

Harry, United have been written off so many times under Sir Alex, i've lost count. He's building a new team with a lot of new players in the squad.
You don't think United are the force they once were without Vidic? I think that's an understatement!

I do agree that they have been at their most convincing with a strong, midfielder and captain, like Robson and Keane.
We need to find another.

harrycallaghan
10-07-2012, 18:25
Latest being report this morning on the BBC is that United have sent a delegation to Brazil with a 30 mil. offer.
Would be fantastic if they can pull it off.

Harry, United have been written off so many times under Sir Alex, i've lost count. He's building a new team with a lot of new players in the squad.
You don't think United are the force they once were without Vidic? I think that's an understatement!

I do agree that they have been at their most convincing with a strong, midfielder and captain, like Robson and Keane.
We need to find another.

Is Vidic coming back or was his career ended? If he is back it will be a huge boost to them. I think they could spend their 30 mil a little more wisely they have plenty of options upfront but they do need a middle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQt-J1dkk_o

Judge
10-07-2012, 23:38
Great video!

He's like a cross between Hernandes, Ronaldo with a bit of George Best thrown in too!!!

I hope Fergie's scouts are impressing upon him!!
Replace Hernandes with Garrincha then we might be closer...:D

Garrincha- YouTube

I'm sceptical when it comes to new Brazilan players, they are all labeled as the next Pele.. The guys only 19,and the video could be well edited and from only a few games,but some very big clubs are interested in him,so who knows..
19 from Brazil, hard choice,,bright flashy lights of Milan or dull boring wet Manchester... It will boil down to money..

Judge
10-07-2012, 23:44
Big spending Chelsea are still at it, they bought their own Brazilian, Oscar for 22m. Some fans were saying that Roman will pack his bags now that he won the prize he was always after...Looks like Chelsea are investing in youth for the present and the future.. Eden Hazard and Marko Marin and now Oscar..
Little Oscar looks like he might get blown over on a cold wet windy night away at Stoke.

PeteD
11-07-2012, 00:12

Garrincha- YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_V6y5P050M)

I'm sceptical when it comes to new Brazilan players, they are all labeled as the next Pele.. The guys only 19,and the video could be well edited and from only a few games,but some very big clubs are interested in him,so who knows..
19 from Brazil, hard choice,,bright flashy lights of Milan or dull boring wet Manchester... It will boil down to money..

Let's hope the best manager ever has an influence on his choice of clubs, plus, as we saw from Balotelli's antics last year, they can "pop back" to Italy any time they want and gatecrash a live TV interview!

... time will tell!

Judge
11-07-2012, 00:19
Let's hope the best manager ever
Sure, he's only won 2 champs league in 20 odd years..:soccer: but that's another discussion for another day..

has an influence on his choice of clubs, plus, as we saw from Balotelli's antics last year, they can "pop back" to Italy any time they want and gatecrash a live TV interview!

... time will tell

Yes, Fergie's experience with youth did cross my mind, he knows how to look after young players, should be in Utd's favour,but I was told that many people have a piece of Lucas, investors,agents,club got 10%,even family members..
It will be nice to see a player like Lucas in the Prem league, the way it's going we could have half of the Brazilian team playing in the Prem league..

Judge
11-07-2012, 00:24

Yep, I've given up dreaming that UTD's bubble will pop one day under Fergie..Man U will be fighting again for the league this season.The bubble will pop when Fergie leaves( I hope)..
Looking at the teams, I can see Chelsea and Man City dominating the Prem league for the next 5 years.

peppermintpaddy
11-07-2012, 00:28

Garrincha- YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_V6y5P050M)

I actually shook hands with the great Garrincha back in '66 when Brazil were based in Manchester for the World cup......he sadly died alone ,a penniless alcoholic.....Maybe with Anderson and the De Silva twins fo company,he might prefer Manchester.

PeteD
11-07-2012, 00:32
unfortunately, the Da Silva twins won't be together this coming season....

Fabio is going out on loan. :(

peppermintpaddy
11-07-2012, 00:35
I can see Chelsea and Man City dominating the Prem league for the next 5 years.

Maybe not when Fifa's Fair Play financial rules kick in....City and Chelsea are only where they are because of unearnt income from benefactors.....Once those rules kick in ,they wont be able to lose £200 million in a season.....
Money is ruining football.

Judge
11-07-2012, 00:54
Maybe not when Fifa's Fair Play financial rules kick in....City and Chelsea are only where they are because of unearnt income from benefactors.....Once those rules kick in ,they wont be able to lose £200 million in a season.....
Money is ruining football.

Chelsea's wage bill is coming down, they will get rid of some highly paid old players.A new stadium is what they really need,Liverpool too...For the owners of Chelsea and Man City, clearing a huge debt won't be a problem. I can't really see Uefa kicking teams like Real and AC Milan out of Europe ,there are a few loopholes for the big teams to use.Like what Man City did with the naming rights,something silly like 300m for 10 years..:nut:
I agree though, money is killing the game,but that's the way it is..Good intentions from Uefa,but let's see where it leads, maybe to a new break away super league..

martpark
11-07-2012, 01:19
I actually shook hands with the great Garrincha back in '66 when Brazil were based in Manchester for the World cup......he sadly died alone ,a penniless alcoholic.....Maybe with Anderson and the De Silva twins fo company,he might prefer Manchester.

The useful Da Silva went out on loan. The others wont make a difference. The cash will. When does MUFC PLC begin again?

In other news, Forest was bought today by a Kuwaiti.

peppermintpaddy
11-07-2012, 02:03
The useful Da Silva went out on loan. The others wont make a difference. The cash will. When does MUFC PLC begin again?

In other news, Forest was bought today by a Kuwaiti.

I can't keep up with all the PLC shenanigans that go on nowadays.Internet rumour has it the Glazer boys are arguing among themselves whether to sell off MUFC altogether or whether to keep it.
I'd love to see some sort of regulations in force like in the Bundesliga.I think football is spiralling out of control financially.City especially have taken it to new ,even more obscene levels.Arsenal have become a feeder club for them,and no matter how much money City have,they will never be as big a club as Arsenal.
Well maybe now Notts Forest can again reach the dizzy heights they did under Brian Clough.

martpark
11-07-2012, 11:25
I can't keep up with all the PLC shenanigans that go on nowadays.Internet rumour has it the Glazer boys are arguing among themselves whether to sell off MUFC altogether or whether to keep it.
I'd love to see some sort of regulations in force like in the Bundesliga.I think football is spiralling out of control financially.City especially have taken it to new ,even more obscene levels.Arsenal have become a feeder club for them,and no matter how much money City have,they will never be as big a club as Arsenal.
Well maybe now Notts Forest can again reach the dizzy heights they did under Brian Clough.

I think you'll find Chelsea set the precedent. City just played follow the leader.
No football club has any desire to be another team, except for maybe FC United. Arsenal, as you of course know, we're started by a rich industrialist from Glossop. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

My old boss was a Forest fan. He'll be a happier chappy this morning.

peppermintpaddy
11-07-2012, 11:48
I think you'll find Chelsea set the precedent. City just played follow the leader.
No football club has any desire to be another team, except for maybe FC United. Arsenal, as you of course know, we're started by a rich industrialist from Glossop. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

My old boss was a Forest fan. He'll be a happier chappy this morning.

I think you'll find Blackburn set the precedent,but at least Jack Walker was a Blackburn fan.The £80 million Jack put into Blackburn is peanuts now,but at the time,it was riches beyond their wildest dreams.It got them out of the 2nd division and won them the Prem league.
Back in '94 for instance,Cantona was the highest paid player in the league ,on £15k per week! Recently Nasri was gonna come to United,but City offered him £70k per week more!
Compare Jack Walker,a blackburn lad born and bred,buying his local team and ploughing money into it, to....The Abu Dhabi Group,who initially wanted to buy Newcastle,but Mike Asheley wanted too much.The head of ADUG has never even been to see City,its all about promoting his airline and fiefdom.
Not the same,is it.

martpark
14-07-2012, 15:18
Emmanuel Adebayor to seal Tottenham Hotspur move

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed an undisclosed fee to sign Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

City could now be ready to make their first firm move to sign Arsenal's Robin van Persie once the Togolese striker completes his exit.

Adebayor, 28, scored 18 goals in 37 appearances during a loan spell at Spurs last season.

Adebayor's Spurs record

Games: 37

Goals: 18

Assists: 12

Yellow cards: 8

The striker will become Tottenham's third summer signing after Jan Vertonghen and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

It is understood City were keen to lower their wage bill before moving for their transfer targets. Adebayor is reported to be one of the club's biggest earners while Wayne Bridge has left for Brighton.

Earlier this month Van Persie, 28, announced he would not be renewing his Arsenal deal. With the striker out contract at the end of the season, Arsenal face losing him for nothing next summer if they do not sell him before 31 January.

It is believed that in addition to City, Manchester United and Juventus are also interested in the striker, who scored 41 goals in 53 games for club and country last season.

Adebayor himself moved to Manchester City from Arsenal, signing for £25m in July 2009, scoring 15 goals in 34 appearances.

After falling out of favour under manager Roberto Mancini, he joined La Liga side Real Madrid on loan in January 2011, but they chose not to make the move permanent.

He helped Spurs finish fourth in the Premier League last season and this week new Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas said: "We are extremely willing to have Adebayor on board with us."

Adebayor scored 46 goals in 105 appearances for Arsenal after Arsene Wenger bought him from Monaco in January 2006.

martpark
14-07-2012, 15:54
He better be exciting or he'll get a lot of stick with that name.

Fabio Borini joins Liverpool from Roma on a long-term contract

Fabio Borini has completed his move to Liverpool from Roma  and become the first signing of Brendan Rodgers's Anfield reign.

The Reds have refused to disclose how much they have paid for Italy forward Borini, although the fee is reported to be £11m. 

Borini, 21, worked with Rodgers at the Chelsea academy and on loan at Swansea in March 2011.

"I've got the trust of the manager. I'm proud to be here," said Borini.

The former Bologna player will wear the number 29 shirt. 

Borini scored six goals in 12 appearances for Swansea before the forward joined Parma on a free transfer after his contract expired at Chelsea. He then moved to Roma.

"Liverpool is a top club which has won a lot of trophies in the past - and will do so in the future we hope as well," Borini told Liverpool's official website. 

"I used to play 4-3-3 with the manager and he is very good to play football for. It is great to play football for him because you can have fun and you can get results.

"I could see at Swansea the people loved him because the football was attractive. People like to see football played like this."

Rodgers believes Liverpool fans will enjoy watching Borini in action.

"He's one of the few young players in the full Italian squad," said the Liverpool manager.

"I'd anticipate that over the next two or three years he'll really progress and I'm sure do very well for Liverpool.

"Fabio fits the model of what we're trying to do in building not only for now, but also for the future.

"He's a big talent, 21 years of age, he scores goals, and his passion, focus and concentration is a very important part of his game - and a big part of what you want from a player."

Liverpool already have forwards Luis Suarez and Craig Bellamy, and Rodgers admitted he would consider allowing England striker Andy Carroll to leave the club on loan.

Rodgers, who saw midfielder Maxi Rodriguez join Newell's Old Boys on Friday, is looking to make at least one more signing before the start of the season.

martpark
14-07-2012, 16:47
I think you'll find Blackburn set the precedent,but at least Jack Walker was a Blackburn fan.The £80 million Jack put into Blackburn is peanuts now,but at the time,it was riches beyond their wildest dreams.It got them out of the 2nd division and won them the Prem league.
Back in '94 for instance,Cantona was the highest paid player in the league ,on £15k per week! Recently Nasri was gonna come to United,but City offered him £70k per week more!
Compare Jack Walker,a blackburn lad born and bred,buying his local team and ploughing money into it, to....The Abu Dhabi Group,who initially wanted to buy Newcastle,but Mike Asheley wanted too much.The head of ADUG has never even been to see City,its all about promoting his airline and fiefdom.
Not the same,is it.

You've mentioned Blackburn before but somehow forgot about the formation of that commercial juggernaut, the Premiership, which undoubtedly helped utd win a league title after twenty odd years. Walker's Rovers were sadly relegated a few years later, unlike Roman's Chelsea. And City had its version of Jack Walker with Swales. It was a nightmare. Btw, Shearer was bought for 3.3million, so no real point in comparing amounts over decades.

Nasri went to City to win titles, as he said at the time. At Utd that wouldn't have happened.... as quickly.

The owner went to Man City's victory over Liverpool (sorry Judge) a season ago. The difference with Jack Walker and Roman Abramovich is that Sheik Mansour is a head of state, a politician and a captain of industry, as well as, an elite sportsman, so he's got a lot on his plate. I'm sure Utd fans would like to see a lot less of the Glazer clan around the gaff but it's not likely to happen.

peppermintpaddy
14-07-2012, 19:53
You've mentioned Blackburn before but somehow forgot about the formation of that commercial juggernaut, the Premiership, which undoubtedly helped utd win a league title after twenty odd years. Walker's Rovers were sadly relegated a few years later, unlike Roman's Chelsea. And City had its version of Jack Walker with Swales. It was a nightmare. Btw, Shearer was bought for 3.3million, so no real point in comparing amounts over decades.

How on earth did the formation of the Prem help United win a title? Absolute nonsense.I can see youre a typical city fan coming out with that nonsense.

Explain that one.......

And Swales as City's Jack Walker? please .my sides are splitting.....Swales never really put a penny into City,took it out more like,as did Franny Lee.