PDA

View Full Version : Ayurveda center

virginie
16-10-2007, 10:52
Do you have any experience with the Ayurveda center in Old Arbat 20 "Lotus"?
I went there for consultation, it seems ok, but anyway would like to have some recommendations?

Thanks for your help

doxie
28-10-2007, 12:25
Out of curiosity I went there for a "medical" as did several of my friends. It was never my intention to take the prescribed supplements as I have been on homeopathic meds for a few years (and they seem to be working). I found the "pupil & pulse" diagonsis to be accurate, however, diet recommendations were very generalized. For instance, all people with gastric disorders are told to stay away from acid forming foods, take more alkaline foods, etc - the basics. Meanwhile, in my particular case, some of the recommended foods are actually not good for me, while others are tolerated quite well. It was the same for several of my friends.

As regards massage - my friend had stress/anxiety related sleeping disorder and after a few sessions of their massage therapy, she was sleeping again. These sessions are conducted by 2 masseurs (men) and they are quite costly, approximately $100/per session.

The doctor does not speak Russian while his English is very heavily accented and difficult to understand. They offer an interpreter if you prefer to communicate in Russian.

drpappan
26-10-2008, 11:32
ref:DOXIE
Dear friends!
My name is Dr.Pappan from Kerala,India,Ayurveda doctor by profession,completed my ayurvedic school from the world famous kottakkal ayurveda institute,kerala in the year 1991 and practising and propagating ayurveda for 17 years.Also completed my medical degree from Krasnodar medical institute,krasnodar ,Russia. I am here in Russia for 12 years,and now based in Moscow practising and giving cosultation in ayurveda for chronic ailments and doing all the procedures.I am fluent in English and also Russian so that people are not getting difficult in means of language.So if any quries related to ayurveda you can as me,whatever possible I will help you!
Please PM me.

gerba
24-11-2008, 19:03
[QUOTE=doxie;303668]As regards massage - my friend had stress/anxiety related sleeping disorder and after a few sessions of their massage therapy, she was sleeping again. These sessions are conducted by 2 masseurs (men) and they are quite costly, approximately $100/per session.

Massage-100 dollars?!
Went to the masseur (the waist and a leg hurted) does diagnostics, massage, acupuncture. Paid 2 тыс for one session . But it was in the summer. As now-it is necessary to call and talk. He speaks on English. I can give phone.