PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm a Frenchi in Moscow

AnthonyL
01-07-2012, 22:39
Hello,

my name is Anthony and i'm going to land in Moscow on 29th of August, and i'll live there one year.

I'm going to study in the Academy of Finance, and I'm looking to take some contact in Moscow, I would like to have some local contacts.

Feel free to contact me and hope to read from you soon :)

Swordfish90293
01-07-2012, 22:42
Hello,

my name is Anthony and i'm going to land in Moscow on 29th of August, and i'll live there one year.

I'm going to study in the Academy of Finance, and I'm looking to take some contact in Moscow, I would like to have some local contacts.

Feel free to contact me and hope to read from you soon :)

Hi Anthony...welcome to MOW...you sound WAAAAY so enthusiastic, I know you'll drive your colleagues out of their minds, which is OK provided they're ladies...

AnthonyL
01-07-2012, 22:49
hook yes you can say that i'm enthusiastic, but why do you say that i'm gonna drive my colleagues out of their minds ?

are you an expat ?

Swordfish90293
01-07-2012, 23:30
hook yes you can say that i'm enthusiastic, but why do you say that i'm gonna drive my colleagues out of their minds ?

are you an expat ?

Talk to me a few months into your stay and you tell me...yes, from L.A....where in France are you from?

AnthonyL
01-07-2012, 23:52
I study in Paris but I live in the east of France, Alsace, close to the swiss s and german's border.

Wooow L A that's a great city, what are you doing in Moscow ?

Swordfish90293
02-07-2012, 00:03
I study in Paris but I live in the east of France, Alsace, close to the swiss s and german's border.

I only know Paris and Cote' Azur...what am I doing here? Being driven out of my mind...

Arthuro
02-07-2012, 00:14

Been there twice. I'd say it is closer to Germany considerably more than to France

AnthonyL
02-07-2012, 00:44
yes that's true, we've a strong german culture!

AnthonyL
02-07-2012, 00:45
Sword, how long are you going to stay in Moscow?

FatAndy
02-07-2012, 14:11
Hi Anthony, welc ome to Moscow and Russian Federation!
I hope you'll like the life here.

Inola
02-07-2012, 15:23
Welcome, Anthony,

You'll probably want to find more francophones in Moscow at some point. There are French language expat forums on vivreenrussie.net.

Though here people here are a lot more easy-going when it comes to action beyond the scope virtual discussions.. Under "action" I mean "meeting up, organizing various events, charities, etc."

Jeanluca
13-07-2012, 14:46
Welcome, Anthony,

You'll probably want to find more francophones in Moscow at some point. There are French language expat forums on vivreenrussie.net.

Though here people here are a lot more easy-going when it comes to action beyond the scope virtual discussions.. Under "action" I mean "meeting up, organizing various events, charities, etc."

What's the use to go to Moscow and to look for French people here?! Anthony, enjoy Russian style life! Feel free to mail me if you need any good places to be recommended

Inola
13-07-2012, 14:56
What's the use to go to Moscow and to look for French people here?!

After having spent several years in France surronded by French only, I can tell you that sometimes you can feel an urge for a break, want to relax and speak your mothertongue to someone able to understand it.. Also, it's usefull to know people who come back and forth, should you have a sudden craving for your favorite product you can't find where you are, you might need help, advice, etc.

joaocb
13-07-2012, 16:24
After having spent several years in France surronded by French only, I can tell you that sometimes you can feel an urge for a break, want to relax and speak your mothertongue to someone able to understand it.. Also, it's usefull to know people who come back and forth, should you have a sudden craving for your favorite product you can't find where you are, you might need help, advice, etc.
I agree with Inola. I'm trying to find Portuguese in Moscow and it's not easy! It's good to speak your native language and so far I can only do it when colleagues come for meetings... hope it will change. Sadly I forgot almost all my french, so I can't help our friend here :) Salut!