PDA

View Full Version : error message when I log in...

carly
20-06-2012, 04:55
hello,
I use Chrome and I always get an error message when I input my login details. I need to refresh the page to get rid of it. Is it normal?

robertmf
20-06-2012, 05:59
hello,
I use Chrome and I always get an error message when I input my login details. I need to refresh the page to get rid of it. Is it normal?

:10475: Me too. I reported the redirect errmsg.

FatAndy
20-06-2012, 11:20
With IE8 and now - no issues. Though, Rob, I've sent your claim upstairs ;)

robertmf
20-06-2012, 17:01
With IE8 and now - no issues. Though, Rob, I've sent your claim upstairs ;)

Carly & I meant a real browser, not M$ IE :bong:

Anyway, the glitch is apparently gone for now ... might be **somebody** tinkering with daily CVS at chrome/google. Your vBulletin code wouldn't be intermittent.

FatAndy
20-06-2012, 17:52
Carly & I meant a real browser, not M$ IE :bong:
Is there any difference? :suspect:

Anyway, the glitch is apparently gone for now ... might be **somebody** tinkering with daily CVS at chrome/google. Your vBulletin code wouldn't be intermittent.
Maybe there were some patches for forum engine installed this night, I dunno. Let's wait for ezik's comments, if any.

ezik
21-06-2012, 13:45
It seems to be a problem that is located at the front page.

Now, if you check the "remember me" option, or just stay within your browser session, you are in fact logged in.

So, the "workaround" is just, after you got the error message, type in the address bar:
"http://www.expat.ru/forum" and you will find yourself on the forum as if nothing happened.

xSnoofovich
21-06-2012, 16:14
of course, i reported this problem about 7 months ago. and it still is broken for me. so every time i log in, i get an error message. then i have to click to the front page, and then click to the forums. annoying, right?

It seems to be a problem that is located at the front page.

Now, if you check the "remember me" option, or just stay within your browser session, you are in fact logged in.

So, the "workaround" is just, after you got the error message, type in the address bar:
"http://www.expat.ru/forum" and you will find yourself on the forum as if nothing happened.

robertmf
21-06-2012, 16:34
of course, i reported this problem about 7 months ago. and it still is broken for me. so every time i log in, i get an error message. then i have to click to the front page, and then click to the forums. annoying, right?

Yes. Annoying is a good word. Also confusing for newbies and computer illiterates who may think the expat.ru website is tinker :pressie: toy.

ezik
21-06-2012, 17:57
Annoying indeed, but as I wrote, it is something that has to do with the homepage of Expat.ru linking in to the forum. That integration seems to be not 100% and as far as I can see, it probably hasn't been working properly for ages.

As this doesn't seem to be a vBulletin issue (vBulletin is the forum software), it is the main site that should take measures. I've flagged this issue, but I'm depending on Expat.ru to take measures. I'm not part of the Expat.ru company, so all I can do is flag this.

Expat.ru is going through a change right now and I'll push this as much as I can.

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2012, 18:45
.....Expat.ru is going through a change right now........

What kind of changes are afoot?

robertmf
21-06-2012, 18:57
What kind of changes are afoot?

menopause :Loco:

Maybe the sys admins got their 9 grams in the purge :question:

:12115:

FatAndy
21-06-2012, 19:12
It's too old data, comrade. We've stopped usage of 7.62*54 and 7.62*39 patrons for execution procedure many decades ago, around 195x. 9*18 works much better, and the mass of the bullet typically is 5.7-6.4 g.

robertmf
21-06-2012, 19:40
It's too old data, comrade. We've stopped usage of 7.62*54 and 7.62*39 patrons for execution procedure many decades ago, around 195x. 9*18 works much better, and the mass of the bullet typically is 5.7-6.4 g.

Robert, have respect to Mr. President, pls.

Great and Awful KGB doesn't work so brutal way, it's first, and 9 gram bullet is quite older style (7.62 1908 yr), it's second.

Yes, I mean the 9gr used so much in moustaches era :mml:

FatAndy
21-06-2012, 19:45
Yes, I mean the 9gr used so much in moustaches era :mml:

1) Not so much, but as much as needed;
2) not for sys admins (they didn't exist yet that times).
;)

robertmf
21-06-2012, 19:55
1) Not so much, but as much as needed;
2) not for sys admins (they didn't exist yet that times).
;)

Comrade, Russians need strong leader ! We would not have log in problem if moustaches were an exPat.ru member :bong:

:7534: Beria was sys admin ;)

ezik
21-06-2012, 20:31
We're in for a design and technical setup that is fit for the 21st century we're living in. Don't expect miracles, but even an elephant like this site needs some modernisation.

I'm not driving this change and I have a limited amount of influence, but I'm pushing for a better user experience.

ezik
21-06-2012, 20:33
Oh, and I'm not carrying a moustache.
Even if they can be cool:
Beastie Boys - Sabotage - YouTube

Nobbynumbnuts
21-06-2012, 20:34
menopause :Loco:

:12115:

Nothing so drastic i hope! ;)

ezik
21-06-2012, 20:34
Don't mistake forum admins for leaders.:10241:

Comrade, Russians need strong leader ! We would not have log in problem if moustaches were an exPat.ru member :bong:

FatAndy
21-06-2012, 20:38
Comrade, Russians need strong leader !
Vovan tries as his best, but result is as usual... yet... anyway, politics is the art of possble things.

We would not have log in problem if moustaches were an exPat.ru member :bong:

Yes, but only in b/w text mode, w/o windows, dropdown menus and smilies. ;)

Well... not only him, but his administrative power was outstanding that times.

robertmf
21-06-2012, 20:39
Don't mistake forum admins for leaders.:10241:

LOL Maybe the admins "lead from behind" :question:

I have no problems with the website as it is. I'm not sure what is meant by 'modernization'. Perhaps more jscript/ajax and retool the css.

My only suggestion is to migrate forum to the GPL :thumbsup: phpBB3; instead of paying for a vB license.

FatAndy
21-06-2012, 20:47
Oh, and I'm not carrying a moustache.
Even if they can be cool:
Beastie Boys - Sabotage - YouTube

Ha! S. M. Budenny beats them all:
http://milday.ru/uploads/posts/2011-04/1303422210_1292601261_f7c54a418ec361b955e75597299ac125c1687563669309.jpg

robertmf
21-06-2012, 20:51
Ha! S. M. Budenny beats them all:

Impressive - but not useful in foxhole.

Semyon Budyonny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FatAndy
21-06-2012, 20:52
My only suggestion is to migrate forum to the GPL :thumbsup: phpBB3; instead of paying for a vB license.
Only one question - are you sure that import of all of user data (credentials, posts, PMs, friends/enemies lists, photos etc., etc.) will be seamless?

Impressive - but not useful in foxhole.
It's better to mention bulldogs' fight under the carpet ;)

ezik
21-06-2012, 21:00
Paying a license is not the issue.

But having a good future solution with, as Fatandy remarked, a seamless integration would be something good. If I can sell it to the powers that be.

LOL Maybe the admins "lead from behind" :question:

I have no problems with the website as it is. I'm not sure what is meant by 'modernization'. Perhaps more jscript/ajax and retool the css.

robertmf
21-06-2012, 21:31
Only one question - are you sure that import of all of user data (credentials, posts, PMs, friends/enemies lists, photos etc., etc.) will be seamless?

It's better to mention bulldogs' fight under the carpet ;)

I've not, myself, migrated a vB forum into phpBB. I have migrated from phpBB2 -> phpBB3 and that went flawlessly with all user tables & rows integrated; i.e. No loss of data, incl. encrypted pwds.

There seems to be more to expat.ru than just the forum, so I will assume a standalone migration can be made offline for testing.

If the vB license fee is not an issue, then the only reason to change is if vB is not delivering up to expectations for that fee.

These bulletin boards are complex and whoever is doing the board code admin will have to learn a new one. So that, in itself, is reason not to change roan horses :) unless that admin wants to peek over the fence at the pinto grazing in greener pastures ;)

:sunny: phpBB has mature support forums and knowledge base.

w.meijerink
26-06-2012, 16:22
Rob, I've sent your claim upstairs ;)
You have a line to God? :mooooh:

FatAndy
26-06-2012, 17:26
Everyone has, Willem, but not everyone knows and uses ;)

ezik
27-06-2012, 20:58
As the main site is built in PHP, probably integration with phpBB should be rather good?

Just not sure if we need a front-end revolution for the forum. More important is a review of the contents.

But I'll keep phpBB option on the agenda!

I've not, myself, migrated a vB forum into phpBB. I have migrated from phpBB2 -> phpBB3 and that went flawlessly with all user tables & rows integrated; i.e. No loss of data, incl. encrypted pwds.

There seems to be more to expat.ru than just the forum, so I will assume a standalone migration can be made offline for testing.

If the vB license fee is not an issue, then the only reason to change is if vB is not delivering up to expectations for that fee.

These bulletin boards are complex and whoever is doing the board code admin will have to learn a new one. So that, in itself, is reason not to change roan horses :) unless that admin wants to peek over the fence at the pinto grazing in greener pastures ;)

:sunny: phpBB has mature support forums and knowledge base.