PDA

View Full Version : FREE! Russian language-learning software

Fantastika
12-10-2007, 22:42
Yes, it's FREE!

It's my product, so I can give it away... :farout:

http://www.fairbrothers.com/Setup.exe

(It is 10 megabyte download, if you're concerned about size.)

What is it? "Audio Gallery," a basic "talking picture dictionary" in Russian. The voice is a lady from Moscow. It includes about 700-800 basic words in Russian. It is similar to the "Duden" concept used in Germany and Japan to teach youngsters.

All I ask in return is that you e-mail me, or post here, your response. Don't worry, I gladly accept criticism, please be honest. I'd like to hear it now than from my dear friends here at the forum rather than angry paying customers later...

I was thinking about trying to sell this (and other languages) for $10 on the internet, so it would be nice to get comments. Also, if you have any problem downloading or installing it, do the Cyrillic fonts work, etc. And what system you are using. I only tested this on XP, but if you are running anything else, I'd be mighty interested to hear how it goes. (Sorry, only Windows version right now. If I could get Linux running I could use Kylix to make Linux version).

I know the graphics are old, and pixelated. Besides that, what do you see as a problem?

I am going to close this link in 2-3 days....

Thanks in advance! :reindeer:

SalTheReturn
13-10-2007, 11:12
Yes, it's FREE!

It's my product, so I can give it away... :farout:

http://www.fairbrothers.com/Setup.exe

(It is 10 megabyte download, if you're concerned about size.)

What is it? "Audio Gallery," a basic "talking picture dictionary" in Russian. The voice is a lady from Moscow. It includes about 700-800 basic words in Russian. It is similar to the "Duden" concept used in Germany and Japan to teach youngsters.

All I ask in return is that you e-mail me, or post here, your response. Don't worry, I gladly accept criticism, please be honest. I'd like to hear it now than from my dear friends here at the forum rather than angry paying customers later...

I was thinking about trying to sell this (and other languages) for $10 on the internet, so it would be nice to get comments. Also, if you have any problem downloading or installing it, do the Cyrillic fonts work, etc. And what system you are using. I only tested this on XP, but if you are running anything else, I'd be mighty interested to hear how it goes. (Sorry, only Windows version right now. If I could get Linux running I could use Kylix to make Linux version).

I know the graphics are old, and pixelated. Besides that, what do you see as a problem?

I am going to close this link in 2-3 days....

Thanks in advance! :reindeer:

thank you so much but before downloading it i would like to ask you what level is aimed at...beginners?
Sal

Fantastika
13-10-2007, 14:24
Hi Sal, it is for beginners, it has perhaps the first basic 750 words. If you are past beginner, you may not like it. However it is also good for review, and it's free!

If you download it, please give me your comments...

Fantastika
30-10-2007, 22:44
I removed free links to Russian learning language software, if you still want it or copy of my "Courtroom" game, please let me know (Glinda1919ATSIGNyahoo.com)

Pobman
14-11-2007, 07:04
My god you do an Amiga version!! Cant be many Amiga users left in the world????

Fantastika
16-11-2007, 23:38
My god you do an Amiga version!! Cant be many Amiga users left in the world????

You must have gone to my web site, it is old, no, ancient. (I forget how long ago I made that web site, but I remember my workmate telling me about this new thing called the internet and I reserved my domain name.. wish I had reserved a few other names)... The Amiga is... yes, it is soon.. now.. it will be coming... making a comeback! :inlove: Yes...no, unfortunately the owner of the "Amiga company" now is tied up in legal knots, reluctant or unable to move...They have the new O/S done, but unable to unveil it.

I don't understand why Google hasn't figured out the existence of my new web site...

aalex
23-11-2007, 18:21
some words' pronunciations are not correct