PDA

View Full Version : No Technical Support?

geneven
19-12-2003, 21:39
Thanks for the responses. No, I'm running Win XP. In fact, this happens on more than one computer, in more than one environment. Unfortunately, I have to start a new thread to post more information -- I can't reply to my own thread.

I tried to set up another account to troubleshoot this one -- if the other account worked, then I would be able to trace this problem.

But when I signed in to set up another account, I got a message saying that a confirming email would be sent to my inbox shortly, and no email was ever sent -- that was a few days ago.

Plus, the powers that be here don't seem to be making any effort to explain that this is a technical problem and they have nothing to do with it.

DEAR EXPAT ADMINISTRATORS. PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PROBLEM, OR TELL ME WHAT I HAVE DONE TO DESERVE THIS TREATMENT!

Courteously yours, as usual,

--Gene

earl
19-12-2003, 21:50
email me. I have to run to a final, but I'll talk later tonight. Take a screencap of what you see, too. Also, I'm guessing if they wanted to ban you your username would just not work. Have you tried logging out and logging back in? Anyhow, I get all email directed to the earlh.com domain. So just pick a username and mail me.

-earl-

DaveUKagain
19-12-2003, 22:41
More than one computer means that either the connections` having problems, Gene, or TD has to delete your user account and set a new one up. As far as I know, you`re not banned for anything at all.......

There`s an internal database which works with all forum boards and the rights are set by flags. Something occaisionally goes awry and sets the flags wrong anyway. That`s databases for you. ;-))))

Actually, Earl just said something there - occaisionally logging out and logging back in can do it - more a DB rights reason than anything else.

Why not create a new username - Geneven1 - until this problems` resolved ? Then if THAT doesn`t work you can be sure it`s your connection. Sounds like you have done and there`s the answer. Connection to the site. It happens.