PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to Australia Where to get good prices?

米乐龙
11-10-2007, 20:06
I need to get return tickets to Australia but so far have only been quoted ridiculous prices, 72000 rubles for economy. For any Aussies who have recently bought return tickets to Australia for Christmas then would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Pobman
11-10-2007, 20:13
Try Emirates, both here and also at a booking office in Australia.

Cheapest way with good airlines I know of is to get to Bangkok (you can go to S7 and get a cheap Thai Airways ticket from them or take one of the Transaero, Aeroflot flights) and then pickup Emirates/BA from there. However as Christmas is the number 1 season you might want to start looking now!

Vietnam airways also pretty cheap.

Umutt65
11-10-2007, 21:05
Yes try Vietnam. Buy the ticket now. But you will need a transfer visa to Vietnam as well.

skylight
12-10-2007, 11:17
my sister flys by the Emirates airlines( on christmas) and the ticket costs 47000 rur

米乐龙
12-10-2007, 13:20
my sister flys by the Emirates airlines( on christmas) and the ticket costs 47000 rur

I am on a waiting list for Emirates and it will cost 53000 rub.

chiga_biga
12-10-2007, 14:50
I'm gonna leave Moscow on 28th of October and have just bought my ticket for RUR 48000 (round trip). Check Thai Airways... it was the best price I could find.
Anyway 'Good luck'!

JNTN
12-10-2007, 16:47
Emirates is already fully booked and has been for a while (all classes). BA/Qantas getting that way when looking for flight to Aus from SIN, HKG or BKK (only biz class available). Etihad might be an option or look at going via Japan or Vietnam. Either way getting really busy now.....

Rustralian
25-10-2007, 02:03
If Emirates and the others are full there are still other options, but not sure how they will go price wise. Singapore Airlines fly from Moscow to Singapore (via Dubai) and then you can jump down to Australia (depending where you are going, on a few different carriers from Changi). Often with Emirates the worst leg is Dubai to Perth/Melbourne which fills up quickly so you can also try flying with them to Singapore or KL and then down to Perth or elsewhere. You can often find very good priced flights to Perth with Royal Brunei - but it means flying from KL to Brunei and back to Perth. There are usually very cheap flights from Bangkok to Brunei with Royal Brunei and then down to Perth as another option. Transaero also do direct flights to Singapore from Moscow as another option out of Moscow. Other than that you will need to look at the flights through Thailand and nearby regions or head back to the UK and down to Australia from there.

AndreyS
25-10-2007, 02:25
I bought yesterday a return ticket from KLM for January for 58000 roubles, and it's good. (A month ago it could have cost within 50000 roubles).
BA asked 75000 and I rejected that.

米乐龙
25-10-2007, 07:50
I bought tickets with Emirates for 51000 rub. return. Other airlines wanted 72000 etc. etc. JAL had tickets for 35000 rub. but were sold out a long time ago. Tickets are waayyy more expensive this year. I remember last year I was able to get 43000 rub. tickets at the last minute. Wonder what next year's prices will be.

Kramanova
02-10-2008, 01:33
I need to get return tickets to Australia but so far have only been quoted ridiculous prices, 72000 rubles for economy. For any Aussies who have recently bought return tickets to Australia for Christmas then would appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Hey, try to check with some agencies Japanese airlines they very often have agood deal fly from Moscow to Australia. For example for October they got deal for 33'000 rubles, it is good. Also check Korean Air.

Kramanova
02-10-2008, 01:38

Thanks.
check also SVO-PEK-SYD they also got good deals, Air China. Good luck!

AndreyS
02-10-2008, 01:38
Hey, try to check with some agencies Japanese airlines they very often have agood deal fly from Moscow to Australia. For example for October they got deal for 33'000 rubles, it is good. Also check Korean Air.

Oh dear, it's a very old thread - check the dates.
We all have already flown to Australia!

Kramanova
02-10-2008, 01:40
Oh dear, it's a very old thread - check the dates.
We all have already flown to Australia!
Ooops, sorry, completely forgot to check the dates...well just wanted to help... he he too late

AndreyS
02-10-2008, 01:43
Ooops, sorry, completely forgot to check the dates...well just wanted to help... he he too late

Better late than never.