PDA

View Full Version : Tax return help for a U.S. citizen?

vb10
30-05-2012, 19:58
Do you know any accountant who can help me to prepare my tax return? It is very very easy - I am almost done, I just need to add a couple more things and I am not sure how to do it. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bogatyr
30-05-2012, 23:37
Do you know any accountant who can help me to prepare my tax return? It is very very easy - I am almost done, I just need to add a couple more things and I am not sure how to do it. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you preparing a Russian or a US tax return?

vb10
31-05-2012, 03:33
US taxes

Bogatyr
31-05-2012, 17:51
US taxes

Well I could refer you to a couple of U.S. CPAs who specialize in expat tax returns, but I have no idea how much they would charge for a "tiny" item. They typically advertise between $700-$1000 for a US citizen expat tax return.

There are some people (me included but I don't claim to be an expert or anything) on this forum with US citizen expat tax fliing experience. If you could describe your general situation perhaps we could help? Or let me know if you want the US CPA references and I'll PM them to you.

vb10
31-05-2012, 18:51
My tax is done except for one more income source (a retirement fund). I have no idea what to do with it and on what line it should be listed under.

I don't think it costs anywhere in the price range you have mentioned.

Could you please send me the contact info for those people so I can contact them directly to find out how much they would charge?

Thanks.

Bogatyr
31-05-2012, 22:52
My tax is done except for one more income source (a retirement fund). I have no idea what to do with it and on what line it should be listed under.

I don't think it costs anywhere in the price range you have mentioned.

Could you please send me the contact info for those people so I can contact them directly to find out how much they would charge?

Thanks.

Those were the quote ranges I received for a full federal US tax return for a US expat living abroad with foreign sourced income, I'm not making them up. That's one reason why I decided to use TurboTax online instead. One CPA wanted to charge around $75 for e-filing alone, $75 covers about 2/3 the cost of TurboTax online, which already includes e-filing!

I'll PM you the contacts I have.

barribr
02-06-2012, 15:02
I am a US expat tax accountant and can help you with your question. I will send you a PM.