PDA

View Full Version : Any mothers of 3-5 year olds?

Valvonta
30-05-2012, 12:01
Hello everyone,
I have a daughter who just turned 4. Even though we are Russian we used to live in UK for a while (i spent 10 yrs there). i would love to meet english speaking mums with kids. I am really worried my daughter will lose her english accent and forget this lovely culture. As i am Moscow born i am sure i can help new mums with advice and translations ;)

Babygirl
30-05-2012, 12:15
Hey dude !

Welcome to the forum .

Don*t be worried, there is plenty of friendly family people on this forum from all over the world ( not just Moms ) with kids of your age ( and not only ) .

Just stay positive, keep your mind open and talk to people.

I wish you and your little one the best.

I don*t have kids yet ( definitely want them in future tho ), but I am open for communication if anything. I used to teach 3 - 5 year olds English so I*d say this age is my favorite.

Regards,
BG

Krystiel
02-06-2012, 09:02
Hi, I'm also a mother of 5 (boy) and 7(girl) but they are in Philippines right now. I'm currently working here in Moscow. Maybe you need a nanny whom she talks every time so that she will not forget her English. Nanny would take care her and also teach her at the same time. :)

natlee
02-06-2012, 12:43
Ahhh, now the other thread is starting to make sense. You should definitely find English speaking friends for your daughter, yet if I were you I would forget about the accent. I understand it would be nice, yet I'm not sure how doable a job that is, let alone how important. I myself have a 6.5 year old with dual citizenship with the US who speaks English with a half Russian half English accent - less of the English as the years go by, of course.. And she learned it in Cyprus! So, basically, I have long given up on the accent and decided that at this point I only really care about her speaking (and improving, in our case!) her English. Either way, good luck!