PDA

View Full Version : Any legal rights for US citizen married Russia citizen?

katezu
19-05-2012, 13:58
Hello!
I`m Russian and I`m going to get married US citizen. We`ll live in the US. Now we are trying to figure out which type of visa for me will be more easier to get - fiancee visa or wife visa.
So, I have a question - if we get married here in Russia, will my husband get any legal rights in Russia just because he got married on Russian citizen? And also will he have any changes in visa? I mean, can he come to visit me (while we are waiting for American visa) without visa just because he married me?

FatAndy
19-05-2012, 14:50
I mean, can he come to visit me (while we are waiting for American visa) without visa just because he married me? - no, if he has no Belorussian, Ukrainian, Kazakhstan or other visa-free country's citizenship in addition to US.

Easier visa procedure for your husband can be implemented if you enter RF with him (совместный въезд):
http://www.referent.ru/1/2994

will my husband get any legal rights in Russia just because he got married on Russian citizen? - AFAIK, yes, РВП w/o quota.

katezu
19-05-2012, 15:14
will my husband get any legal rights in Russia just because he got married on Russian citizen? - AFAIK, yes, РВП w/o quota.[/QUOTE]

I`m sorry - what does it mean?

FatAndy
19-05-2012, 15:30
Насколько я знаю, разрешение на временное проживание на территории РФ Вашему супругу (при наличии квартиры, дома или другого места проживания) выдаётся без квоты.

Benedikt
19-05-2012, 21:04
will my husband get any legal rights in Russia just because he got married on Russian citizen? - AFAIK, yes, РВП w/o quota.

I`m sorry - what does it mean?[/QUOTE]

your husband can apply for a, at first, temporary residence permit, and does not come under the -quota- system. that will take about 6 month. how to do it, you can find here plenty of advise. ONE advise though, don't bother with -help- from agencies. YOU are Russian, you have a computer and Internet, load down everything form the FMS site. or go to your local FMS office, on the wall there are samples of ALL documents. Take photos and you can fill them in correctly.
After you have your TRP, enjoy it for 6 month and then you can start applying for a Residence Permit. Same procedure, just a few small differences. And wait for 6 month. Then you get the much wanted booklet and your husband has the same rights here in Russia like YOU have. With one difference, he can not vote.
Good luck to you and your husband.