PDA

View Full Version : running clubs in Moscow

Pauley
19-05-2012, 13:14
I have just moved here and will be resident for a few months. I am keen to keep fit and regain some of my old fitness. Are there any running clubs in Moscow or places where I can train that are relatively pollution free and green?

Many thanks for help.

A newbie in town

Clairbe
20-05-2012, 16:32
Hi Pauley
There is a running club in Park Gor'kogo (or Gorky park) that opened about 2 weeks ago and considered to be very good one. First, thay have trainings with professional trainers, groups for different levels, and even changing rooms with shower cabins. Second, they run in park and along the river embankment, this is nice place - much nicer than many other places in Moscow. And all this is free of charge. They have trainings at 20.00 Mon-Fri, and at 12.00 Sat-Sun. Do you read Russian? Here is some information: http://park-gorkogo.com/sport/jogging.phtml Of course, they all are Russian speaking, but maybe somebody in the group speaks some English and could help with communication. I am going there myself next Saturday, if you want I can show you the place, introduce you, and help with translation in case you need it.

kassandra
20-05-2012, 19:56
Hi Pauley
There is a running club in Park Gor'kogo (or Gorky park) that opened about 2 weeks ago and considered to be very good one. First, thay have trainings with professional trainers, groups for different levels, and even changing rooms with shower cabins. Second, they run in park and along the river embankment, this is nice place - much nicer than many other places in Moscow. And all this is free of charge. They have trainings at 20.00 Mon-Fri, and at 12.00 Sat-Sun. Do you read Russian? Here is some information: http://park-gorkogo.com/sport/jogging.phtml Of course, they all are Russian speaking, but maybe somebody in the group speaks some English and could help with communication. I am going there myself next Saturday, if you want I can show you the place, introduce you, and help with translation in case you need it.

It sounds fantastic! Never heard about that. I cant do this incoming saturday bun please let me know if you are going there next time

Clairbe
20-05-2012, 20:28
It sounds fantastic! Never heard about that. I cant do this incoming saturday bun please let me know if you are going there next time

No wonder, Kassandra, that you've never heard about it before, it's just opened, but will become very popular soon I guess. By the way, Park Gorkogo also arranged free lessons of yoga for summer period.
Sure I'll let you know when I go!

SqueakyClean
22-05-2012, 20:58
If people are putting together a group to go along to a running club I would like to join them. I ran the London marathon a few weeks ago and my motivation to train has disappeared since then :(

Judge
22-05-2012, 21:14
Check this link out.

The Hash House Harriers is a running/drinking/social club started by bored expats in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1938, and can now be found all over the world, including Antarctica.

http://moscowharriers.itgo.com/

kazachka
27-05-2012, 01:27
it's been stickied but....
www.probeg.org has all the info you need+calendars of events.
feel free to check us out
www.irc-club.ru
and chat in our forum :)