PDA

View Full Version : New Member says Privet !

Draenog
19-05-2012, 00:58
Hi Everyone,

I just spent a fantastic week in Yekaterinburg and will be going again in September. Met a girl who speaks fluent English, though I am learning Russian for the last year.

I have two questions that I hope people who have done the same can answer:

1st: If I want to marry a Russian girl in Russia, What papers do I need before hand or is it just a matter of being able to prove I have a legitimate and real relationship?

2nd: I have read the threads regarding temporary residence visa and understand the process. But I see people refer to having only 7 days to register afterwards... register for what? Register with police? Or do I need to immediately register for permanent residence?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Draenog

tvadim133
19-05-2012, 11:20
Hi Everyone,

I just spent a fantastic week in Yekaterinburg and will be going again in September. Met a girl who speaks fluent English, though I am learning Russian for the last year.

1st: If I want to marry a Russian girl in Russia, What papers do I need before hand or is it just a matter of being able to prove I have a legitimate and real relationship?

2nd: I have read the threads regarding temporary residence visa and understand the process. But I see people refer to having only 7 days to register afterwards... register for what? Register with police? Or do I need to immediately register for permanent residence?

Thanks in advance.

Draenog

It is quite simple now: you are to be registered at the place of residence. It is enough for your inviter to go the post office and to send the filled papers to FMS (federal migration service) office.

The stamp by the post office is a proof you are registered.

In case you live in a hotel, this procedure is made by the hotel itlsef.

Arthuro
19-05-2012, 17:49
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Draenog

1. Search through this forum. I've seen several topics about this.
2. You have to register within 7 business days of your stay regardless you have a visa or you are from a visa-free country (e.g. Brazil, Serbia etc..)
only citizens of Ukraine\Belarus\kazakhstan have more days without registration here.

Draenog
20-06-2012, 21:45
Thanks Guys, so I can simply rent an apartment in Chelyabinsk and then after my Temporary Resident Visa is granted, I go to the post office and get them to stamp a letter of registration from FMS yes?

Sounds easy enough.

Is it possible to get a permanent resident visa for Russia? Or do I stay on the temporary visa indefinitley?

I just got offerred a 12 month work contract, so I am applying for the work visa soon. I will keep you all updated.

Thanks for your support