PDA

View Full Version : Aeroflot or Lufthansa? (with animals along for ride)

elis
08-10-2007, 23:45
Hi! Just realized I could get a direct flight to Moscow on Aeroflot--which, because I'm bringing cat and dog--would be ideal. (Instead of an over 15 hour trip or more with connections on Lufthansa.)

Question is, how is Aeroflot? I heard that, years ago, it was the worst possible airline. (I'm assuming it can't be any worse than Alitalia....) Anyone have sage words of wisdom?

guuuude
06-11-2007, 16:10
hey,

i see my fligtbox after the flight............ i thing Aeroflot is not the right partner for Animal transportation, when you have the choice take Lufthansa!

madmax
07-11-2007, 11:00
depends on the weight of your animals.if your cat is less than 7 kilo you can take it on board.i usually transport dogs and cats for an organisation and have never had any bad experience with aeroflot.the price for an extra kilo with aeroflot is 7 euro.i talked to them about retransporting the empty boxes and they sometimes give a discount!

guuuude
07-11-2007, 11:38
sorry but the price is defintly not intresting for me. For me its important that my dog have the best flight, and believe its for the Dog a nightmare, and then you have uncarfully people?? no thx not for my Dog

elis
07-11-2007, 16:36
hey,

i see my fligtbox after the flight.....

I'm not sure what you mean by that.:confused:
Aslo, when you say they are uncareful--what does that mean?

Unfortunately, I've already booked the Aeroflot flight--so, I guess I'm going to have hope for the best. And yes, Guuuude, you're right, price is definitely not the issue.

guuuude
07-11-2007, 17:00
i mean that the flightbox have a damagde on one corner and big scratches on the base. When you handle the box carful you never have problems like this, and the Box was new!!!

I take next time def. Lufthansa!!

elis
07-11-2007, 17:28
Ohhhhh:( That makes me nervous! Honestly, I felt better about Lufthansa, but I opted for the shorter flight time. 10 hours, instead of 15 or more.
Maybe I'll put on sign on the dog crate (flight box) that says: "Please be very nice to me. I'm scared of flying!" :)

I'll let you know what happens!

Proper Bostonian
07-11-2007, 18:21
Hi Elis,

You already bought the ticket, so don't worry too much. I can certainly understand choosing the lesser flight time. Why subject your dog to an extra 5 hours waiting in some cold baggage transfer point & risk having him not make the connecting flight? Any or all carriers can damage a crate - it's the dog that's important. If it gets scratched, no big deal despite the fact that they're expensive. I fly Delta & sometimes Lufthansa and you don't want to see what my luggage looks like. It's even worse since Homeland Security came in effect.

Remember, even if you'd chosen Lufthansa, the baggage handlers at SVO are Russian and there's no getting around that!

Hope you and your pooch have a good and safe flight.