PDA

View Full Version : Love vs Love

KatjaBg
13-05-2012, 23:52
If you truly love me you will fight for me and will never let me go.

vs

If you truly love me you will understand I need to go and will let me go.

What is your opinion?
Yes, I know, it may depend on the specific situation... but still, what would you do or what would you like your SO to do...

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 00:38
:goldy:

If you truly love someone the only thing that you want is for them to be happy , if it means letting them go, let go, no matter how hard it may seem at a time.

If you can be together and make it work, make it work.

Love is like business, you both need to be interested in the process and outcome.

Be objective, be realistic and decide what*s best for you.

*True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you.* -- Unknown

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 01:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3OepDn5GU&ob=av2e

w.meijerink
14-05-2012, 01:57

vs

What is your opinion?
Yes, I know, it may depend on the specific situation... but still, what would you do or what would you like your SO to do...
If it is real love there is no fight, no let go, it's love till the end.......

w.meijerink
14-05-2012, 02:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3OepDn5GU&ob=av2e

WOUW!!!!!! GREAT!!!!!!
I was almost forget this great song of Roxy, thanks.

Special for you................

When I need you - Celine Dion - YouTube

rusmeister
14-05-2012, 06:53
Love desires the improvement, what is best for the beloved.

Of course, whether we have the wisdom to correctly discern what is "best" (for which you need to also be able to say what is good, better, bad, worse and the worst) is questionable - often we do not.

The most dangerous course is the one that seeks to serve and pleases oneself, the safest - to do what is hardest for oneself - that may involve remaining in a relationship where things are unpleasant, and trying to love even when you feel no love (ie, doing the things that love would do, even if it's just getting up to take out the trash and bringing home a bouquet of flowers).

It is very hard to hate someone who is loving you.

Jack17
14-05-2012, 07:41

vs

What is your opinion?
My opinion is that a woman either wants or doesn't want. It's not up to the man to do anything because, in reality, there is nothing he can do.

Benedikt
14-05-2012, 07:56
[QUOTE=KatjaBg;997375]If you truly love me you will fight for me and will never let me go.

vs

if you really love let go, if SHE really loves you, she will come back,if not, she never loved you anyway.

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 07:57
My opinion is that a woman either wants or doesn't want. It's not up to the man to do anything because, in reality, there is nothing he can do.

And in the oposite case? When man wants to leave? Would you expect the same?

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 08:00
[COLOR="Red"]

if you really love let go, if SHE really loves you, she will come back,if not, she never loved you anyway.

But what if she perceives it as your lack of interest to keep her?

yakspeare
14-05-2012, 08:09
But what if she perceives it as your lack of interest to keep her?

Then her nationality is Russian and she thinks possessiveness and jealousy= love.

Never met anyone else of the female species, except Russians, who think this way.

Love is selfless, it is about giving, not receiving. So how is trying to hold onto someone because YOU need them, love? love is giving them the choice to stay and go and to think what is best for the other person.

natlee
14-05-2012, 08:57

vs

What is your opinion?
Yes, I know, it may depend on the specific situation... but still, what would you do or what would you like your SO to do... I've been leaning towards the first statement. The situation being, he loves me, I love him yet he refuses to be more considerate of my wishes/feelings, and when I break down says ah, you're better off with someone else but I will always love you, never stop. Hate that. A bunch of BS. If you truly loved me, then knowing I love you, too, you'd try a little harder. If being considerate of your partner's feelings is a tough sacrifice, you don't love him/her. IMHO

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 09:36
IMHO if someone truly loves you they wud have no problem marrying you.

I was proposed 3 times and I was honest about the fact that I didn*t love them. So they understood and let me go and I respect them for that.

I don*t wanna get married for money, I wanna marry for love and they thought that money is all I want, well money and sex.

How naive.

:)

musampa
14-05-2012, 11:26
I never understood 'fight for love', Is it a justice or war to fights for?

in my opinion it is as simple as that if both parties are not fully dedicated and happy in relations why bother? or try to brainwash a partner with promises, money or anything else?

http://youtu.be/xeeosq6jGzE

robertmf
14-05-2012, 11:30

Yes. :12115:

kassandra
14-05-2012, 11:31

vs

What is your opinion?

The ideal would be I let you go now and will accept you when you are back.

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 11:33
Yes. :12115:

So you wouldn*t fight for me if I left ?

:groan:

Oh what a tragedy !!!!!!!! :)

:gay::gay::gay:

robertmf
14-05-2012, 11:35

Not in Pennsylvania, you don't :Loco: Woman gets everything in PA

robertmf
14-05-2012, 11:37
So you wouldn*t fight for me if I left ?

:groan:

Oh what a tragedy !!!!!!!! :)

:gay::gay::gay:

No. Here it's woman takes all. :)

Tony P
14-05-2012, 11:38

That sounds ideal for the philanderer - but somewhat demeaning for the person being (temporarily?) abandoned.

The hardest time to leave someone is the first time.

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 11:41
No. Here it's woman takes all. :)

oh Woman takes all indeed :D :applause:

robertmf
14-05-2012, 11:49
oh Woman takes all indeed :D :applause:

You are very good. Do you know Rexy here aka Taya ?

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 11:59
You are very good. Do you know Rexy here aka Taya ?

No, why ?

Am I supposed to know her ? :)

kassandra
14-05-2012, 12:32
That sounds ideal for the philanderer - but somewhat demeaning for the person being (temporarily?) abandoned.

Yes, I see it from the point of leaving person.
I have another question - why normally deserted person is consedered to be a victim? Very rarely you can hear something like "he was so imposible to stay with that poor girl had to leave him" unless it s about drugs addict or alcoholic.

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 12:45
If it is real love there is no fight, no let go, it's love till the end.......

I donít agreeÖ real love without fight is like a mythÖ at the end you realize it never existed.
The real love grows stronger through fights.
I would be bored to death to be with someone who always agrees with me.

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 12:48
Then her nationality is Russian and she thinks possessiveness and jealousy= love.

Never met anyone else of the female species, except Russians, who think this way.

Iím sorry, but then you have not met many (enough) of them.

yakspeare
14-05-2012, 12:50

Thank God! I don't need a life of drama.

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 12:52
I have another question - why normally deserted person is consedered to be a victim?

Because (unfortunately) many people do not have courage and strength to make tough decisions so it is easier to sympathize with the person who stayed.

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 12:56
Ok, if he decided to leave, let him leave.
But still, what if his decision is based on the wrong information; on assumptions… (And we now the assumptions are the biggest evil on the earth.).
Wouldn’t you try to understand the reasons and help him to asses if there are the real reasons for leaving?

rusmeister
14-05-2012, 14:09

The hardest time to kill someone, or betray them, or do any low, vile act is th first time. It gets easier with repetition as you smother your conscience until you can't hear it any more.

kassandra
14-05-2012, 14:55
Ok, if he decided to leave, let him leave.
But still, what if his decision is based on the wrong information; on assumptionsÖ (And we now the assumptions are the biggest evil on the earth.).
Wouldnít you try to understand the reasons and help him to asses if there are the real reasons for leaving?

Just explain yourself and see if he still wants to go away. Altough you should be careful - different people see different things as reasons for leaving :)
They say the phrase 'we should get married' is a valid reason for many men :)

Swordfish90293
14-05-2012, 15:07

This attitude is fatalistic and lacks self esteem...

Swordfish90293
14-05-2012, 15:13

Actually, the world is full of them...male and female. Staying with what's familiar. Whether it's positive or negative. A strong human trait. Exemplified by the abused femme. Keeps choosing men who are bad for her. Who abuse her. Likely because she knows nothing else, it's familiar, her daddy did it...it's on her radar...

kassandra
14-05-2012, 15:20

100% true :) What about men? If there is anything woman can do to make him interesed?

andymackem
14-05-2012, 15:25
100% true :) What about men? If there is anything woman can do to make him interesed?

Show up naked. Bring beer. Don't talk during the game.

We're not complicated ;)

*disclaimer. not all of the above statements should be taken as necessarily true. expat.ru accepts no responsibility for any untoward consequences of prancing around Moscow butt naked apart from a gag and a beer keg during the Champions League final.

natlee
14-05-2012, 15:28
My opinion is that a woman either wants or doesn't want. It's not up to the man to do anything because, in reality, there is nothing he can do. Disagree. When a woman wants, but keeps getting the sh*t treatment, she leaves in tears, but still leaves, eventually. And there was something he could do, like, um, treat her better!

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 15:31

We're not complicated ;)

*disclaimer. not all of the above statements should be taken as necessarily true. expat.ru accepts no responsibility for any untoward consequences of prancing around Moscow butt naked apart from a gag and a beer keg during the Champions League final.

Exactly what I want from my perfect man :D

No beer tho.

kassandra
14-05-2012, 15:37

We're not complicated ;)

Ok. and feel like a free prostitute. Never tryed this but suspect I would get nothing but very selfish sex.

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 15:45
Ok. and feel like a free prostitute. Never tryed this but suspect I would get nothing but very selfish sex.

Some prostitutes are not that bad :D . Got nothing against them as species, at least they do something and not just whine and cry how f*cked up their lives are.

Smart chicks :)

TolkoRaz
14-05-2012, 15:47

We're not complicated ;)

I would like to add:

Must be prepared to open the beer and carry it to the sofa
Must not be on phone talking to girlfriends at the end of the game
And, if the team wins, must be prepared for a celebratory sh*g!
And following the sh*gathon, must look pleased / satisfied :coffee:

kassandra
14-05-2012, 15:52
Some prostitutes are not that bad :D . Got nothing against them as species, at least they do something and not just whine and cry how f*cked up their lives are.

Smart chicks :)

I dont say they are bad, just dont want to be one of them.

Judge
14-05-2012, 15:56
And, if the team wins, must be prepared for a celebratory sh*g!

Dressed in the football shirt of your favourite team...:soccer:

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 15:56
I dont say they are bad, just dont want one of them.

Oh okay.

I wouldn*t mind a couple of hookers actually. Kinda tired of working. :)

KatjaBg
14-05-2012, 16:02
Just explain yourself and see if he still wants to go away.

That's my point. So you would try to explain yourself.

kassandra
14-05-2012, 16:28
That's my point. So you would try to explain yourself.

Yes. but very shortly. I think 1 or 2 minutes is enough

BabyFirefly
14-05-2012, 16:42
A person who will leave you based on incorrect assumptions, even after you tried explaining it to them, is either so deathly insecure it'll be a pain to be with them long term, or they're not interested enough in you to actually fix the relationship. I don't think people who love each other will break up without analyzing the situation first.

I say fight for love. God knows my now husband and I had our fights at first. We never cheated on each other, never went to bed without saying we loved each other, but we argued a lot in the start. Now we don't. But I'm sure we kept being together not because it was "safe" or because we felt we couldn't get anyone better, but because we were clear that we loved each other and were willing to do anything to be together. It worked out in the end, but every situation is different. IMO a guy/girls who argues with you, leaves you crying/angry, walks away, ignores you for a long time, isn't really interested in you. If your SO finds more important things to do in the middle of an argument, there's a lot more wrong. Love is about keeping the other person happy, it's not about putting the other person behind while you go about finishing your business even if that person needs you.

But I'm from a culture of hopeless romantics.

TolkoRaz
14-05-2012, 16:51
Dressed in the football shirt of your favourite team...:soccer:

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease - rugby shirt! :)

Football shirts are banned! :p

natlee
14-05-2012, 16:53
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease - rugby shirt! :)

Football shirts are banned! :p Do you have a (straight) clone? :D

yakspeare
14-05-2012, 17:09
Yes I am Tolko's multi account for when he wants someone to argue with. I am straight and a rugby man.

Jack17
14-05-2012, 19:15
This attitude is fatalistic and lacks self esteem...

How so? Fatalistic? I'd say realistic. You know swordfish, your posts are always down the middle and realistic, I'm surprised you'd see it the way you do; or, are you pulling my leg?

Being comfortable with reality (this woman isn't interested and doesn't love me) takes an abundance of self esteem and the confidence that there is something intrinsically valuable in yourself that, if not this one, some other woman will admire and want. At least, that's how I've always found it to be.

Now I'm not talking about the back and forth that BabyFireFly describes; that's the opposite of "ne hachu"; you don't argue with someone you don't want, you ignore them.

Anyway, you're pulling my leg; aren't you?

Swordfish90293
14-05-2012, 20:44
How so? Fatalistic? I'd say realistic. You know swordfish, your posts are always down the middle and realistic, I'm surprised you'd see it the way you do; or, are you pulling my leg?

Being comfortable with reality (this woman isn't interested and doesn't love me) takes an abundance of self esteem and the confidence that there is something intrinsically valuable in yourself that, if not this one, some other woman will admire and want. At least, that's how I've always found it to be.

Now I'm not talking about the back and forth that BabyFireFly describes; that's the opposite of "ne hachu"; you don't argue with someone you don't want, you ignore them.

Anyway, you're pulling my leg; aren't you?

I'm not pulling your leg, jerking your chain, rattling your cage or blowing smoke up your ass...to say that a man has no influence, consciously or unconsciously, on whether or not a woman falls for him, or in fact loves him, is pretty damning of your gender, J.

KatyaStans
14-05-2012, 20:45
agree totally

NotMe
14-05-2012, 20:52

Exactly, if a woman alsready took a final decision.

But in most cases (if we speak about something serious, of course) she considers the pros and cons very carefully and that’s the very time when a man by his actions and words could try to convince her to stay. ;)

natlee
14-05-2012, 21:39
Exactly, if a woman alsready took a final decision.

But in most cases (if we speak about something serious, of course) she considers the pros and cons very carefully and thatís the very time when a man by his actions and words could try to convince her to stay. ;) Because she really wants to stay. She's trying to hang on to a word of his that says he wants her to stay, too.

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 21:55
I think if she really loves him he wouldn*t even need to say a word. This sort of feeling is beyond words, sometimes words are our worst enemies and we f*ck up the most beautiful things with our own hands.

If she is a safe harbour for him and he is her ship , they will find a way to coexist harmoniously, it will come naturally.

One is not complete without the other.

But maybe I am just an idealist like that.

TolkoRaz
14-05-2012, 22:11
Do you have a (straight) clone? :D

In this modern and open world, Gay is the Way! :D

NotMe
14-05-2012, 22:18
Because she really wants to stay. She's trying to hang on to a word of his that says he wants her to stay, too.

Not exactly. :)

Because if she is next to a decent guy, she has always what to lose, let alone the situation, when this guy is a father of her child(ren). ;)

yakspeare
14-05-2012, 22:19
Do you have a (straight) clone? :D

yakspeare
14-05-2012, 22:20
double post. wrong account. my bad.

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 22:25

:redcard:

*How many gangsters you know, from Al Capone up to John Gotti, been gay?*

:D

TolkoRaz
14-05-2012, 22:30
:redcard:

*How many gangsters you know, from Al Capone up to John Gotti, been gay?*

:D

You mean John Botti? ;)

natlee
14-05-2012, 23:32
I think if she really loves him he wouldn*t even need to say a word. This sort of feeling is beyond words, sometimes words are our worst enemies and we f*ck up the most beautiful things with our own hands.

If she is a safe harbour for him and he is her ship , they will find a way to coexist harmoniously, it will come naturally.

But maybe I am just an idealist like that. I think you are, unfortunately. I used to think this way too. Now let's go back to, she wants to stay cause she loves him. He says he loves her also, but is so inconsiderate and selfish he refuses to change anything in his life, but for her to fit with what is. She can't fit with what is, because of her own circumstances. She tries to get him to accept a compromise, but he continues being inconsiderate and insists on his way(s). She realizes, she can't love for the both of them, work on the relationship for the both of them, realizes he just, simply put, doesn't love her enough. And then, grab your popcorn, she leaves telling him she chooses herself (as well as her existing and/or future children.)

Babygirl
14-05-2012, 23:40
Well I totally respect her for that and am convinced that it*S the only right choice in a situation like this and it*S definitely for the better.

Nothing positive has ever been built on selfishness.

Very rational and wise choice.

natlee
14-05-2012, 23:50
Well I totally respect her for that and am convinced that it*S the only right choice in a situation like this and it*S definitely for the better.

Nothing positive has ever been built on selfishness.

Very rational and wise choice. If only I could be *her*.. till the end! ;)

Swordfish90293
15-05-2012, 00:24
There's better fish to fry...

w.meijerink
15-05-2012, 01:36
If only I could be *her*.. till the end! ;)

for a end listen to this.....
The Doors - The End (1967) - YouTube

Jack17
15-05-2012, 03:28
I'm not pulling your leg, jerking your chain, rattling your cage or blowing smoke up your ass...to say that a man has no influence, consciously or unconsciously, on whether or not a woman falls for him, or in fact loves him, is pretty damning of your gender, J.
The thing is, women know within 5 seconds of seeing any man if they want anything to do with him or not. Of course a man has influence with a woman; but that influence is telegraphed very quickly simply by who we are. If we're rich and successful (or otherwise strong of character), the woman doesn't need to see the guy's CV to pick that up. Strength has its own smell and every woman has a blood hound's nose for it.

Women also have their unmistakable ways of letting a man know they're interested. If you're not picking up those vibes fairly quickly, chances are you will never pick them up.
In the end, chemistry wins - and the chemistry is there from the beginning.

What you don't want to ever be is Johnny Fontane (aka Frank Sinatra) whom the Godfather had to slap around for crying over the girl who dumped him (aka Eva Garnder).

Now, if you've had great success dancing and prancing around women for days who have given you the cold shoulder, then you have my respect; you're a better man than I. But for me, life's too short and there are too many fish in the sea for that kind of song and dance.

Jack17
15-05-2012, 03:35

In the words of Hans Landa: "It's a Bingo!

You're way smarter than you years Baby.

NotMe
15-05-2012, 09:21

If she really loves him, it is not required to fight for her. :p

She is his from top to toe. ;)

natlee
15-05-2012, 09:38
The thing is, women know within 5 seconds of seeing any man if they want anything to do with him or not. On the first date with last bf, I remember thinking to myself, not gonna happen! Not only did I know he was wrong for me on so many levels (girls, if know that about a guy, please, run away!! miracles just do not happen) but I didn't find myself remotely attracted to him. But he played his cards right, and I ended up falling for him deeply and wasting a good chunk of my life on a love-hate relationship that was never going to work (well). And, if he didn't change the cards.. I would've married him, too.

Swordfish90293
15-05-2012, 11:33
Now, if you've had great success dancing and prancing around women for days who have given you the cold shoulder, then you have my respect; you're a better man than I. But for me, life's too short and there are too many fish in the sea for that kind of song and dance.

While stating the obvious you've reversed your position.

It's not about song and dance, it's about understanding your own empowerment. Either you have it or not. Either you believe in yourself, or you don't.

I think if a man believes they have no influence over the opposite sex, this is the mindset of low self esteem and no confidence. It amounts to impotence of character.

Relationships are (obviously) a two way street. To say that having a relationship or not is a woman's choice, is weak and naive. Why should not a man have this choice as well, unless he believes he can't?

This seems to me the mindset of a guy who has succumbed to feminism.

MickeyTong
15-05-2012, 11:50
On the first date with last bf, I remember thinking to myself, not gonna happen! Not only did I know he was wrong for me on so many levels (girls, if know that about a guy, please, run away!! miracles just do not happen) but I didn't find myself remotely attracted to him. But he played his cards right, and I ended up falling for him deeply and wasting a good chunk of my life on a love-hate relationship that was never going to work (well). And, if he didn't change the cards.. I would've married him, too.

Roxy Music Sea breezes - YouTube

Swordfish90293
15-05-2012, 12:01
On the first date with last bf, I remember thinking to myself, not gonna happen! Not only did I know he was wrong for me on so many levels (girls, if know that about a guy, please, run away!! miracles just do not happen) but I didn't find myself remotely attracted to him. But he played his cards right, and I ended up falling for him deeply and wasting a good chunk of my life on a love-hate relationship that was never going to work (well). And, if he didn't change the cards.. I would've married him, too.

Otis Redding - I've been loving you... - YouTube

B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone ft. Tracy Chapman - YouTube

MickeyTong
15-05-2012, 12:26
Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - Baby What You Want Me To Do - YouTube

Alabama Shakes - Be Mine (Later with Jools Holland) - YouTube

Swordfish90293
15-05-2012, 17:32
Count V - YouTube

Jack17
15-05-2012, 18:28
While stating the obvious you've reversed your position.

It's not about song and dance, it's about understanding your own empowerment. Either you have it or not. Either you believe in yourself, or you don't.

I think if a man believes they have no influence over the opposite sex, this is the mindset of low self esteem and no confidence. It amounts to impotence of character.

Relationships are (obviously) a two way street. To say that having a relationship or not is a woman's choice, is weak and naive. Why should not a man have this choice as well, unless he believes he can't?

This seems to me the mindset of a guy who has succumbed to feminism.
Thanks for the dressing down swordfish; because of you I've renewed my self-confidence and discarded my feminism. Let me tell you, if Naomi Watts comes anywhere near my orbit, she's gonna be mine.

Periwinkle
15-05-2012, 23:03
I don't understand the bother about Jack. The way I read it, he is basically saying he is not into persuing people who show no interest.
Yes, you can tell if someone is interested or not or even if they are mildly curious. Why bother to push if you are getting negative signals? It can be annoying to the person who is not interested and pointless for you. If the girl is interested and is playing coy or hard to get,well, that's rather silly. Not everyone is into games and will not bother to persue when they have read things as not promising. You can then miss out on a great guy.
I am sure people will reply, that games are fun and I agree but when both people are playing ie flirting.
I am not sure many women like being bothered by people they have tried to politely turn away. If feminism has helped with that, then I am all for it.
But then again, I am just a southern girl at heart, who likes men with manners:)

TolkoRaz
15-05-2012, 23:07
But then again, I am just a southern girl at heart, who likes men with manners:)

So, I suppose a sh*g is out of the question? :p

Periwinkle
15-05-2012, 23:28
So, I suppose a sh*g is out of the question? :p

I doubt you are my type, especially as I thought you were female.

KatjaBg
15-05-2012, 23:35

I love your posts, I mostly agree with them and again I agree with this one (especially the last sentence:))

"ometimes words are our worst enemies and we f*ck up the most beautiful things with our own hands"- fully agree. It was not once said the words are the strongest weapon.
But still, I believe the love is not something you simply get and it keeps existing by itself. I believe love is like flower. You need to water it regularly.

KatjaBg
15-05-2012, 23:44
The thing is, women know within 5 seconds of seeing any man if they want anything to do with him or not.
Ohhh... if that would be the truth the world would be perfect. I'm just thinking about all the tears my girl-friends and myself cried out because of the false choices. It's great you have such a high opinion on women... unfortunately, I don't think you are right.

If we're rich and successful (or otherwise strong of character), the woman doesn't need to see the guy's CV to pick that up. Strength has its own smell and every woman has a blood hound's nose for it.
Again, I would really like if that would be the truth. In addition, unfortunately, were often women link success only with money.

Jack17
16-05-2012, 00:10
Ohhh... if that would be the truth the world would be perfect. I'm just thinking about all the tears my girl-friends and myself cried out because of the false choices. It's great you have such a high opinion on women... unfortunately, I don't think you are right.

Again, I would really like if that would be the truth. In addition, unfortunately, were often women link success only with money.
"Anything to do" is not the same thing as a committed relationship or marriage - or even going to bed together.

Men and women are sizing up each other all the time. If you're in a horse race, before you can win, you first have to get out of the starting gate. That's all I'm saying. Obviously, you can't make life's most important decisions in 5 seconds; but there is a sort of 5 second triage that's performed by all of us.

Jack17
16-05-2012, 00:12
Why bother to push if you are getting negative signals?

Believe me, I tried it with Naomi Watts and it didn't work.

Thanks for understanding American sista'.

Swordfish90293
16-05-2012, 00:34
Thanks for the dressing down swordfish; because of you I've renewed my self-confidence and discarded my feminism. Let me tell you, if Naomi Watts comes anywhere near my orbit, she's gonna be mine.

I think you can do better than her...

Jack17
16-05-2012, 01:02
I think you can do better than her...
Now you've touched on an interesting and endlessly fascinating topic swordfish - my taste in women.

You are, by an objective standard, absolutely correct. First, she's 40 years old, second, she has a terrible under bite and third, well, third, she's not a "10" you are correct.

But, all the above reasons are precisely why I'm drawn to this woman. Honestly, I don't like "10's" because perfection is not interesting to me. There has to be a flaw for me to be really attracted to a woman. It's what I call the "funny Valentine" complex. I like "funny Valentines" better than "10's."

But that is just me; with your ueber mensch confidence and machismo, I'm certain any "10" is putty in your hands and yours for the asking.

Swordfish90293
16-05-2012, 01:03
But that is just me; with your ueber mensch confidence and machismo, I'm certain any "10" is putty in your hands and yours for the asking.

Don't get me wrong...I'm merely a pot plant...

rusmeister
16-05-2012, 05:42
I think you are, unfortunately. I used to think this way too. Now let's go back to, she wants to stay cause she loves him. He says he loves her also, but is so inconsiderate and selfish he refuses to change anything in his life, but for her to fit with what is. She can't fit with what is, because of her own circumstances. She tries to get him to accept a compromise, but he continues being inconsiderate and insists on his way(s). She realizes, she can't love for the both of them, work on the relationship for the both of them, realizes he just, simply put, doesn't love her enough. And then, grab your popcorn, she leaves telling him she chooses herself (as well as her existing and/or future children.)

If only I could be *her*.. till the end! ;)
As long as you are wishing, you might as well wish for what you really want, and it seems to me you want the ideal (which is the right thing to want) - the man who loves in deed as well as word, and keeps his word. He has to have a worldview that honors marriage and keeping one's vows when it becomes difficult.
Of course,it's not much use unless you do, too.

TolkoRaz
16-05-2012, 11:05
After being married for 30 years, a wife asked her husband to describe her.

He looked at her for a while ... then said, "You're A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K." She asks ... "What does that mean?" :confused:

He said, "Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy, Gorgeous, Hot. She smiled happily and said ... "Oh, that's so lovely ... What about I, J, K?" :confused1)

He said, "I'm Just Kidding!" The swelling in his eye is going down and the doctor is fairly optimistic about saving his testicles :eek: