PDA

View Full Version : Здравствуйте!

musampa
12-05-2012, 05:39
Well, well!

I am Georgian, got offered full-funded scholarship to study in Moscow and decided to register here to get some info mainly on safety issue.
I am not sure yet if I will accept an offer as it seems like Moscow is not safe place for those coming from Caucasus region, particularly from Georgia.

I am wondering if anybody had some 'experience' with nazis? or can recommend any places NOT to go and etc. maybe there is a thread with all infos included.

x

Arthuro
12-05-2012, 09:08
What are you talking about?
there are a LOT of Georgians (I mean Georgians, not Abkhaz\Osetians) in Moscow. Mostly with Rus passports though, but with a Georgian face.

FatAndy
12-05-2012, 09:22
What are you talking about?
there are a LOT of Georgians (I mean Georgians, not Abkhaz\Osetians) in Moscow. Mostly with Rus passports though, but with a Georgian face.
Maybe musampa never been to Moscow? :)

tvadim133
12-05-2012, 09:56
Do not worry much! It is quite convinient to live here for any people.

THe only thing, which can be not nice is that Police will check your dox when you are in Metro or when you walk in some places.

It is irritating, but quite understading due to many illegal comers live here as well.

So just be sure you have a registration and your VISA is OK (+ your student certificate).

If you are for the first time in Moscow, PM me I can show your the city around one of the weekend!

mrzuzzo
12-05-2012, 10:56
Half of Moscow is populated by those from caucasus region.... they all seem to be fine.

musampa
12-05-2012, 19:05
Thank you for your replies and suggestions. Yes indeed I've never been to Russia and to be honest very much interested in spending few years there.

I am curious about violence to the extent that I dont want to go back to 90s of Georgia were playing with real guns and which badly affected my psycho.

Well, minor accidents are nothing, it happens everywhere even I faced it while living in UK and in Latvia.

tvadim133
12-05-2012, 19:12
Thank you for your replies and suggestions. Yes indeed I've never been to Russia and to be honest very much interested in spending few years there.

I am curious about violence to the extent that I dont want to go back to 90s of Georgia were playing with real guns and which badly affected my psycho.

Well, minor accidents are nothing, it happens everywhere even I faced it while living in UK and in Latvia.

No, Georgia is very nice (Tbilisy at least), though Moscow is surely not alike Tbilisi (population, rythm of life, prices and so on).

musampa
12-05-2012, 19:57
tvadim133
so what tips do you have for somebody moving from Tbilisi to Moscow? :)

To be honest I don't like Tbilisi (it is over too much), I was grown up in Kutaisi were people (in my point of view) are more 'real' :)

FatAndy
12-05-2012, 20:04
I was grown up in Kutaisi were people (in my point of view) are more 'real' :)

Oh, maybe yoy know Misha Rizhinashvili?:suspect: He's also from Kutaisi.

musampa
12-05-2012, 20:08
Oh, maybe yoy know Misha Rizhinashvili?:suspect: He's also from Kutaisi.

Does not sound familiar to me! left Kutaisi 12 years ago. who is Misha Rizhinashvili?

FatAndy
12-05-2012, 20:13
Just one guy, we were sudents of the same dept in MSU...26 years ago :D

musampa
12-05-2012, 20:25
:D I see! 26 years ago, completely different Moscow, completely different mindset!

FatAndy
12-05-2012, 20:36
Times do change, people don't ;)

tvadim133
12-05-2012, 21:40
tvadim133
so what tips do you have for somebody moving from Tbilisi to Moscow? :)

To be honest I don't like Tbilisi (it is over too much), I was grown up in Kutaisi were people (in my point of view) are more 'real' :)

Nothing special (I mean, tips).

The city is large and the rythm is very fast here.

Probably it is worth buying MP3 or smth to kill time in Metro (1 hour is typical duration to point B from point A)..

It seems to me that in Tbilisi (may be I am mistaken), people are very proud of themselves, but at the same time not arrogant and helpful.

Tbilsy is very convinient (cozy) in general and home alike.

Here, people are more closed, than opened (let's say. we are inside themselves), so for the first time, you would feel lonely probably.

Nobody will pay attention to you!

Sooner or later you will find some nice, cozy corners (and friends) in Moscow as well, but in general from the first signt it is too posh.

I like the Tsaritsino park, Kuskovo, Chistiye Ponds, Zamoskvorechye (M. Novokuznetskaya) and some streets between Tverskaya and Petrovka + + + +.

Oh, I am sure that is not a problem for you, but there are some really nice georgian restaurants here to my taste.

If you like art, theatres, music or night life Moscow will be the mescue for you indeed!

and just in case: do you know the Lekashvily?

Judge
12-05-2012, 22:11
Hi musampa, welcome to the forum..

If you feel a little homesick and want some tasty Georgian food then check out Cafe Khachapuri..I know the one at kievskaya, it's very popular with Georgains, you'll feel right at home..
http://hacha.ru/en/contacts

Last time I was there they had a really good offer on..For 500ru, you could drink(beer) and eat as much as you want...

musampa
12-05-2012, 22:22
tvadim133
Thanks a lot. You obviously deserved a bottle of Georgian wine if I come to Moscow! :D

Never lived in city with more than 2 millions and that's why feel a bit weird moving to Moscow (but still no pressure to make decision). To be alone does not scare me at all, expeienced same a lot while changing locations around Europe every year.

Well, Tbilisi is indeed a warm place to live in but as I said I spent only student years here (in Tbilisi) and then continued studies in Europe and never fully integrated there. I think my mind is influenced by rational-western values and sometimes this georgian honest openness and friendliness annoys me a bit. New generation is changing here an becoming introvert ego-maniacs annoyed by anything traditional :) I think the process we are observing here is the nation-formation and an invisible war between generations. There is a feeling that country lives in state of emergency but Kachapuri, Wine and Chacha still tastes well. :)

I'll mark your favourite places of Moscow and thanks again for tips!

Hi musampa, welcome to the forum..

If you feel a little homesick and want some tasty Georgian food then check out Cafe Khachapuri..I know the one at kievskaya, it's very popular with Georgains, you'll feel right at home..
http://hacha.ru/en/contacts

Last time I was there they had a really good offer on..For 500ru, you could drink(beer) and eat as much as you want...
Thanks! :)