PDA

View Full Version : Any Cubans in the forum?

shurale
10-05-2012, 16:26
Yes? No?

Babygirl
10-05-2012, 16:40
YesNo O_o

I am pretty sure there is ..

You just gotta find out where they are hiding... :shhhhhh::rasta:

yakspeare
10-05-2012, 16:49
I live in Kuban...

Babygirl
10-05-2012, 16:51
Those Kuban cigars must be something :farout:

:D

rubyrussia
10-05-2012, 17:16
No, pero hay los que hablan español aquí. ¿Qué quieres de los cubanos? :)

BabyFirefly
10-05-2012, 17:30
Puerto Rican here

robertmf
10-05-2012, 17:34
Yes? No?

Can you send me cigars :question:

:10518::celebrate::beerbros:

Jack17
10-05-2012, 20:16
I'm not Cuban; but I want to be. Are you from Cuba Shurale? If so, congratulations - it's a great culture. Seriously, please PM me if you can offer any information about living there. Thanks

Korotky Gennady
10-05-2012, 21:50
Yes? No?
Viva Cuba ! Viva Che !

robertmf
10-05-2012, 22:21
Puerto Rican here

We're talking cigars, not drugs.

BabyFirefly
11-05-2012, 00:12
We're talking cigars, not drugs.

What's that supposed to mean?

robertmf
11-05-2012, 00:55
What's that supposed to mean?

The PR is known drug runners.

BabyFirefly
11-05-2012, 16:58
The PR is known drug runners.

America's known for its idiotic and ignorant population, that does not mean I'll assume every American I meet is an idiot too, although it's extremely difficult not to sometimes, especially when someone online implies I'm somehow involved with drugs thanks to my nationality, something rather hilarious given I've never even been near weed.

I've learned during the times I've lived abroad that it's better to grab the stereotypes about nationalities and get rid of them and instead give it a chance. Hell, if I actually believed the things I heard about Russia before I came here, I would've never set foot here. Or to Australia, or China, or all the islands in the Caribbean I went to. And I would have never set foot again in North Carolina even though I was born and raised there (before the question arises, my mother is Puerto Rican and I've lived most of my years in the island).

Anyway, my country also known for hot women, gorgeous beaches, friendly and real helpful people, its salsa (music not the sauce), its old cities, and just perfect weather. Contrary to popular belief, we're not all drug lords/drug users, maids, prostitutes, Rosie Perez, or uneducated savages who live in huts next to the beach where we drink and talk with a token Caribbean accent and would kill for an American dollar. We also think JLo is every negative and ghetto stereotype about Puerto Ricans incarnate and most of us are just ashamed of her and hell having a great ass is not an achievement for us anyway. I can equate the feeling with having... one of the Jersey Shore a-holes as representatives of America.

So I'll add you to my ignore list, not something I would've wanted to do given I've had no problem with you before and enjoy most of your posts, but alas I deal with enough American ignorance about my country ("Omg you don't have a Puerto Rican accent!" "But you're white?!" "Is there a bridge from Florida to PR!" "Is San Juan in Mexico?" "Do you eat a lot of tacos?" "How can a Russian marry you?" "How did you win -name of prestigious federal scholarship I won to study here - if you're Puerto Rican?" "You people like sell drugs all the time right?" etc) every day at MGU and I'm done with it.

Korotky Gennady
12-05-2012, 01:40
BabyFirefly, I think Robert tried to make a joke. He didn't intend to offend you.

Periwinkle
12-05-2012, 09:47
A bit hypocritical babyfirely... Using stereotypes about Americans, to improve the image of Puerto Ricans..

Sure all Puerto Ricans are wonderful and sunny and lying on a beach and Americans are stupid and ignorant.

Ah well, we know you must be deeply missed in the good old USA, after all you told us before, that you were the only girl there making an effort. The boys must be crying in their sleep. Oh where did the one pretty girl in America go, the one that wore make up....waaah.
The only kind and helpful person has left, what shall we do?