PDA

View Full Version : English School

manxman
22-04-2012, 15:40
My wife is a fully qualified AMI Montessori teacher/directress for the 3 to 7 age group (Casa Di Bambini) and a Licensed Kindermusik Educator.

We are concidering opening an English School in Rostov and would appreciate any information on the current need in Rostov for a Montessori English School.

If we find there is a need then our aim is to open for the 2013/2014 school year.

martpark
22-04-2012, 18:15
My wife is a fully qualified AMI Montessori teacher/directress for the 3 to 7 age group (Casa Di Bambini) and a Licensed Kindermusik Educator.

We are concidering opening an English School in Rostov and would appreciate any information on the current need in Rostov for a Montessori English School.

If we find there is a need then our aim is to open for the 2013/2014 school year.

Early childhood education seems in great need everywhere in Russia.

Steve1
07-05-2012, 12:56
Hi- I am living in Rostov on Don, PM and we can meet this week if you like. I might be able to give you some ideas or contacts that would help you here.

manxman
09-05-2012, 18:54
Hi Steve1 - Not in Rostov quite yet. My dear lady wife has to complete the current school year.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

cheers - manxman

Anton Niki
12-05-2012, 00:55
So, as I mentioned in another thread - rostovmama.ru is a place to research the demand. I'm not affiliated with them or anything, but being a dad of the 2 years old guy I know the topic :)

manxman
14-05-2012, 19:38
Thank you Anton for the information, very much appreciated.

I've had a little read through in my not very good Russian, very interesting. I think that the Expat forum is also a good place to be as similar schools in Moscow and St Petersburg tend to have a pupil ratio in the region of 2/3rds Expat / 1/3rd Russian.

The main worry we have is Rostov in a position standard of livingwise and foreign companies who are present as Montessori is at the very top end qualitywise of the education spectrum.

A similar school in Moscow costs anywhere between $20,000 and $30,000 per year with a joining Registration Administration Fee of between $2,000 and $8,000. While in St Petersburg one is looking at $13,500 to $25,000 per year, Registration/Administration Fee of $2,000 to $5,000. Another school is due to open in St Petersburg for the 2012/2013 school year with several more in the pipe line.

Considering the considerable cost of setting-up the school, all the equipment and educational materials will come from the Association of Montessori Internationale recommended manufacturer Nienhuis in the Netherlands and only fully qualified AMI Directresses and assistance who are fluent in English as well as Russian will be employed as teachers, therefore we'll need to come in around the $10,000 per year with a $1,000 Registration/Administration Fee which costwise is right at the very bottom end of the scale.

Our aim would be to start with around 5 pupils in the first year rising to no more than 30 pupils in subsequent years.