PDA

View Full Version : SHOOOTERS What are you playing at?

Droidage
21-04-2012, 10:32
You received the SMS you received the ad on Expat Ru. ALL Cocktails on Friday for Rub 111 and to book a table phoneXXX.
So I phoned to book a table. Sorry you cannot book a table on Fridays. It's first come first serve!!
OK so I turn up as I did last Friday for the cocktail fest. Only to get a huge bill. Apparently not ALL cocktails are Rub 111. My 8 x B52's came at full price. I got some BS story about how they need to charge full price for these cocktails. Yet last week I didn't get charged full price for the B52's I got charged the advertised Friday price of Rub 111 - so why this week? You cannot make this stuff up but apparently Shooters can. If you are going to advertise that ALL cocktails are for Rub 111 then stand by your pledge. If you need to put a Caveat that some cocktails are full price then say so. Advise your punters what is what so they don't get pissed off when they come to pay the bill at the end of the night/morning.
Suffice to say my other shed load of cocktails drunk for our party were are Rub111.
What are you playing at Shooters?? Can you not stand by your ad? Why are you changing your policy from week to week?

AndrewUSA
21-04-2012, 10:44
The reps from Shooters who will be reading this post need to pay this man back the difference for those drinks. If they do not, they are unethical and I, personally, will not visit them ever again. That is just 1 customer...who knows how many else may follow.

You know, I realize that there are 2 sides to every story...but the ad was clear and this man seems to be pretty sane to me.

Shooters, pay him back receive your proper, positive, and good karma down the road.

Sparafucile
21-04-2012, 10:46
Sadly all too typical.

annasophia
22-04-2012, 12:31
Shooters spams my email constantly.

Wonder where they got my email address....? :rolleyes:
I never gave it to them.

And since Shooters began sending me junk email, I also started getting a lot of other spam I've never seen before, a lot of it in garbled alphabets. Definitely coming from non English speaking sources.

And why is a complaint about bar drinks in the Music folder?

martpark
22-04-2012, 12:55

I never gave it to them.

And since Shooters began sending me junk email, I also started getting a lot of other spam I've never seen before, a lot of it in garbled alphabets. Definitely coming from non English speaking sources. This was covered way back.

And why is a complaint about bar drinks in the Music folder?

Too many B52's.

annasophia
22-04-2012, 13:06
This was covered way back.

Links?

MickeyTong
22-04-2012, 13:55
Too many B52's.

B 52's - Hero Worship - YouTube

steve77
22-04-2012, 15:52
Looks like he's written in the ad:
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=408238

"111 rubles only for any cocktail of our menu but 3 (+100 references)"

So you need to find out which 3 those are before ordering I guess.

martpark
22-04-2012, 16:22
B 52's - Hero Worship - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZYWy7-Mrg)

You're living in your own private Idaho.

martpark
22-04-2012, 16:24
Links?

Search function?

Shooters
22-04-2012, 21:41
Here is a new crap, and here is the reply:

You received the SMS you received the ad on Expat Ru. ALL Cocktails on Friday for Rub 111 and to book a table phoneXXX.
So I phoned to book a table. Sorry you cannot book a table on Fridays. It's first come first serve!!

This is ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Until all tables are booked, we ALWAYS reserve places. When all tables are booked the manager says that people may come and will get a place IF there are free places (if some persons that booked do not come).

> OK so I turn up as I did last Friday for the cocktail fest. Only to get a huge bill. Apparently not ALL cocktails are Rub 111. My 8 x B52's came at full price. I got some BS story about how they need to charge full price for these cocktails. Yet last week I didn't get charged full price for the B52's I got charged the advertised Friday price of Rub 111 - so why this week?

SECOND THING ABSOLUTELY WRONG: NEVER B52 B53 SHOOTERS and MOHITO were sold at 111 rubles, and the R-Keeper system does NOT list them at the promotion price.
So you cannot have been charged 111 rubles for B52 last week, as the cash system has NOT this option.

The point is that it is clearly said on the website (read the ad!) AND ON ALL TABLES at the bar that ALL cocktails are at 111 rubles UNLESS B52 B52 Shooters and Mohito!

You are right for ONE thing only: that the SMS say ALL and do not list the exceptions, for a technical reasons (the length of a message is limited).

So because of this the manager granted you the discounted price on your 8 B52, I was told by phone during you were there.

> You cannot make this stuff up but apparently Shooters can. If you are going to advertise that ALL cocktails are for Rub 111 then stand by your pledge. If you need to put a Caveat that some cocktails are full price then say so.

It is written on ALL the tables, but of course some people are unable to read, or you do not undertand that "КРОМЕ" means UNLESS.

> What are you playing at Shooters?? Can you not stand by your ad? Why are you changing your policy from week to week?

The policy did not change, we NEVER sold the 4 cocktails listed above at 111 rubles (nor at 100), they were ALWAYS at their usual price listed in our cocktail menu. Anyway the SMS content will be modified from next week and I will not write "ALL".

I find also your reaction very strange as the manager told me that you did understand the situation and that you were shown the ad with the exception list, then you got 50% discount on your 8 B52s. But probably my manager is a liar!

And I just see that once more, BS complaints come from expats! Probably some awesome idiots will come and support you LOL!

Shooters
22-04-2012, 21:45
Maybe in some bar you manage he would have to wait a public posting, but we did not wait your kind recommendation and the guy got immediately 50% discount on his 8 B52.

And "the ad" was clear, yes, on the tables the 4 exceptions are listed, as on the website. For SMS, as you maybe know SMS length are limited in robot systems, so YES it was not clear and because of this the guy got his discount.
Thank you for your great recommendations, indeed.

The reps from Shooters who will be reading this post need to pay this man back the difference for those drinks. If they do not, they are unethical and I, personally, will not visit them ever again. That is just 1 customer...who knows how many else may follow.

You know, I realize that there are 2 sides to every story...but the ad was clear and this man seems to be pretty sane to me.

Shooters, pay him back receive your proper, positive, and good karma down the road.

Shooters
22-04-2012, 21:47

Only YOU, do not know.

There is an unsubscribe link (in English so you are able to understand it) in each email. As long as you do not unsubscribe, you will be in the base.

> And since Shooters began sending me junk email, I also started getting a lot of other spam I've never seen before, a lot of it in garbled alphabets.

Probably the guys who sold us their database (NOT on expat.ru, I can confirm, but expat.ru isnot the only service that has your email I assume....) sold it a few times including to spammers. Ask them!

celia
22-04-2012, 21:48
I was at Shooters a week ago on Friday night and my cocktail was not 111 rur but, as I recall, almost 300...was not one of types of cocktails you've listed as the exception...

Shooters
22-04-2012, 21:50
Looks like he's written in the ad:
http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=408238

"111 rubles only for any cocktail of our menu but 3 (+100 references)"

So you need to find out which 3 those are before ordering I guess.

Permanently (and not only on Fridays, but always) on each table at the bar there is one small picture (A5 format) in plastic stand; on this picture the exceptions are clearly listed. We assume people are able to read what is written on each table. But of course, some are not... Or they are happy to complain for nuts! There are such people...

Shooters
22-04-2012, 21:53
I was at Shooters a week ago on Friday night and my cocktail was not 111 rur but, as I recall, almost 300...was not one of types of cocktails you've listed as the exception...

Which cocktail? Which price? Show us the check, or tell me the full amount you paid and I will show the check HERE.

System is automatic: Friday from 7PM to saturday 6AM, the cocktails that are ordered are AUTOMATICALLY at 111 rubles unless the exceptions listed.

AUTOMATIC: the waitresses nor the cashier nor the manager is not able to change anything.

SO I am waiting your details, and I will post in full here.,

TolkoRaz
22-04-2012, 22:11
Here is a new crap, and here is the reply:

This is ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Until all tables are booked, we ALWAYS reserve places. When all tables are booked the manager says that people may come and will get a place IF there are free places (if some persons that booked do not come).

> OK so I turn up as I did last Friday for the cocktail fest. Only to get a huge bill. Apparently not ALL cocktails are Rub 111. My 8 x B52's came at full price. I got some BS story about how they need to charge full price for these cocktails. Yet last week I didn't get charged full price for the B52's I got charged the advertised Friday price of Rub 111 - so why this week?

SECOND THING ABSOLUTELY WRONG: NEVER B52 B53 SHOOTERS and MOHITO were sold at 111 rubles, and the R-Keeper system does NOT list them at the promotion price.
So you cannot have been charged 111 rubles for B52 last week, as the cash system has NOT this option.

The point is that it is clearly said on the website (read the ad!) AND ON ALL TABLES at the bar that ALL cocktails are at 111 rubles UNLESS B52 B52 Shooters and Mohito!

You are right for ONE thing only: that the SMS say ALL and do not list the exceptions, for a technical reasons (the length of a message is limited).

So because of this the manager granted you the discounted price on your 8 B52, I was told by phone during you were there.

> You cannot make this stuff up but apparently Shooters can. If you are going to advertise that ALL cocktails are for Rub 111 then stand by your pledge. If you need to put a Caveat that some cocktails are full price then say so.

It is written on ALL the tables, but of course some people are unable to read, or you do not undertand that "КРОМЕ" means UNLESS.

> What are you playing at Shooters?? Can you not stand by your ad? Why are you changing your policy from week to week?

The policy did not change, we NEVER sold the 4 cocktails listed above at 111 rubles (nor at 100), they were ALWAYS at their usual price listed in our cocktail menu. Anyway the SMS content will be modified from next week and I will not write "ALL".

I find also your reaction very strange as the manager told me that you did understand the situation and that you were shown the ad with the exception list, then you got 50% discount on your 8 B52s. But probably my manager is a liar!

And I just see that once more, BS complaints come from expats! Probably some awesome idiots will come and support you LOL!

"КРОМЕ" means 'except' or 'besides' :book:

celia
22-04-2012, 22:11
I was at Shooters just before 9 to get an Expat ru card. I was told I would have to wait for a few minutes, so I ordered a cocktail. I think it was a Tequila Sunrise, I was sitting at the bar, and I received a bill for 270 roubles. I gave the bartender 300 roubles, he gave me the bill (which I didn't keep) and 30 roubles back, and I gave him 20 for a tip. It's not a big deal for me, but it happened.

In fact, if you are the owner of the bar who isn't Ezik, you were the person who told me that I had to wait for Ezik and he was late. That's when I sat at the bar and had the cocktail. Then Ezik arrived and I received my card.

Shooters
22-04-2012, 22:22
"КРОМЕ" means 'except' or 'besides' :book:

Thanks TR for your semantic assistance :)

Is a brit able to understand that "Кроме Б52 Б53 Мохито Шутерс" means that these 4 cocktails are not eligible to discounts? Russians understand without problem, and if I read this forum carefully, foreigners always claim they are superior to locals.... Strange, indeed!

Finally we find here that HotDogs (Chesterfield) bar robbed a BIG 100 rubles to a Canadian expat (196 posts on the forum for this scam of the year!), that Shooters tried to scam 109 rubles (220-111) on 8 cocktails, what else? Something was about 21 Prime too, cannot remember... What will be the next one? Maybe that Shooters rounds the checks at one ruble to avoid kopeks? Strange that nobody even saw this, as THIS is a BIG BIG scandal!

TolkoRaz
22-04-2012, 22:29
"Кроме Б52 Б53 Мохито Шутерс" is perfectly understandable! :)

If clientele can't read Russian, they should ask the waiter / waitress! :book:

BabyFirefly
22-04-2012, 22:34

How very professional of you... had a chance to just say, "Okay' next time I won't write 'all'" instead you come here and call folks idiots. It's like I'm reading Yelp.

celia
23-04-2012, 00:02
Especially since, although I didn't mention it to the bartender at the time, I was charged 270 roubles for my cocktail! I didn't mention it because I didn't care, but I noted it and didn't have a second one. I didn't have to read anything in Russian, because I looked at an English drinks list at the bar.

This isn't an issue of the money - it's an issue of Shooters saying that something is impossible when in fact it happened. It is just a few roubles and too small an amount to be wasting time on, but Shooters, you've got a credibility problem. You must know how important it is to maintain customer goodwill, and you don't do that by calling honest customers awesome idiots.

robertmf
23-04-2012, 00:10
I was at Shooters just before 9 to get an Expat ru card. I was told I would have to wait for a few minutes, so I ordered a cocktail. I think it was a Tequila Sunrise, I was sitting at the bar, and I received a bill for 270 roubles. I gave the bartender 300 roubles, he gave me the bill (which I didn't keep) and 30 roubles back, and I gave him 20 for a tip. It's not a big deal for me, but it happened.

In fact, if you are the owner of the bar who isn't Ezik, you were the person who told me that I had to wait for Ezik and he was late. That's when I sat at the bar and had the cocktail. Then Ezik arrived and I received my card.

..umm.. ezik did not offer to pay for your tequila sunrise :question:

celia
23-04-2012, 00:31
No...I batted my eyelashes, but Ezik was immune...

Shooters
23-04-2012, 00:45
New LIE, and I invite Ezik to check our sales on this Friday april 6th, confidentially but he will attest the following:

"Just before 9" (I assume 9PM): we have only ONE check that can match what you claim:

Tequila Sunrise
Check opened at 20.44
Check closed at 20.45
By Alexandr
Amount: 111 rubles
Paid: 200 rubles
Returned: 89 rubles

Hard copy is attached!

There is NO other check of only one Tequila Sunrise at all this day, and NO other check of only one drink between 7 and 10 PM, served at the bar.

So you did order a tequila sunrise at the bar, got it immediately (Order put at 8.44, check given with the drink at 8.45, AMOUNT WAS 111 rubles and NOT 270!)

I perfectly remember you, yes. So there are 2 options to explain your message:

OR our tequila sunrise made your memory collapse
OR you deliberately lie for some unknown (though...) reason

Once more I will be happy to show to Ezik our full list of checks this day, with the content, price, discounts, amounts paid etc.

My remark about the "awesome idiots" was NOT for you, BUT I can reconsider it now that I could check the situation.

Attached hard copy.

TolkoRaz
23-04-2012, 00:50
Me thinks, case closed Celia! :)

BTW, excellent service as per normal at Shooters - a speedy Tequila Sunrise and all for 111 Roubles! :) You can't beat that! :book:

Shooters
23-04-2012, 01:16
How very professional of you... had a chance to just say, "Okay' next time I won't write 'all'" instead you come here and call folks idiots. It's like I'm reading Yelp.

The word "awesome idiot" was for ONE specific person, any Expat.Ru regular users understand. This one is for sure not one of our customers, moreover.

I am professional with people who deserve to be treated correctly. When a person posts BS, when she even REMEMBERS that she received 30 rub back and gave 20 rub tip (20, why not 30, strange also, would be strange that a person receives 3 coins back, gives 2 as tip, and pockets the 3rd one...), and when all this is pure bullshit, and when I can easily check that ALL is PURE LIE, sorry but I have no envy AT ALL to treat this person correctly.

BTW as I AM professional and want to keep this kind of people away from our correct usual customers, this one will be now not accepted anymore in Shooters, discount card or not. She will go and write her BS somewhere else, this is a good present for competitors, LOL!

Moreover, I talked some hour ago to the manager who was in charge when the B52 "problem" happened, she confirmed me that the person "fell happy", told that there is no problem at all, and even smiled a lot :) So tomorrow I will check the video, and will happily post it here if necessary! If a person smiles at the crime (!!) scene then complains on a public board, the problem seems to be on her side...

Shooters
23-04-2012, 01:21

I can easily understand why!:Loco:

celia
23-04-2012, 01:22
Sorry, but it happened the way I said it happened. Since I am telling the truth (and I have a good memory of that evening, and remember thinking whether I should bring up the issue of the discount, and wondering what I should tip the barman, since it was the first time I had been to a bar in Moscow) then your record did not reflect what actually happened.

The drinks list had no mention of cocktails at 111 roubles and I assumed that unless I said something the bartender was going to assume that I didn't know about the Friday special. As I said, this isn't an issue of money but of credibility. So we're going to have to agree to disagree.

The reason I remember the tip I left was that there were 20 roubles in coins and one 10 rouble note - in Canada we normally tip 10%, but I thought I had read that in Moscow one doesn't tip for drinks - so I left the coins and took the 10 rouble note.

Believe me, if I was wrong I would be the first to admit it. Your record simply doesn't reflect the truth.

Shooters
23-04-2012, 01:31
There is NO WAY you can be right on this case. You had no way to bring up the issue to the discount as the discount was done on the check that was given to you as attests the cash system. And discounts are not granted by the staff but by the cash system. About credibility, LOL yes, your one is lost!

Evidence is here and clearly shows that you are wrong. Know what? Clever people ADMIT when they are wrong!

Well, that is enough now, case over for me, post whatever you want, no problem :)

Sorry, but it happened the way I said it happened. Since I am telling the truth (and I have a good memory of that evening, and remember thinking whether I should bring up the issue of the discount, and wondering what I should tip the barman, since it was the first time I had been to a bar in Moscow) then your record did not reflect what actually happened. The drinks list had no mention of cocktails at 111 roubles and I assumed that unless I said something the bartender was going to assume that I didn't know about the Friday special. As I said, this isn't an issue of money but of credibility. So we're going to have to agree to disagree.

celia
23-04-2012, 01:44
I guess it is shocking to even entertain the idea that the official records of a bar/restaurant business do not match the reality. I mean it happens in other countries but there is no way that it would ever happen in Russia.

That's it for me, I'm going to bed.

steve77
23-04-2012, 01:53
Please review the video to see if she was actually given a check.

ezik
23-04-2012, 02:03

Erhm, I remember handing you the card and if there had been an issue about any bills at that very moment, I would have acted. I know I was a bit late, I handed you the card and there were no other issues I know of.

I'm never immune to card issues. The card was my idea. I want holders to get a good deal.

Next time, when you see me around (which I was for quite a few hours in this case) and something is not right, just approach me.

robertmf
23-04-2012, 02:03
I guess it is shocking to even entertain the idea that the official records of a bar/restaurant business do not match the reality.

That's it for me, I'm going to bed.

Wake Up Wake Up ezik wants to buy you a tequila sunrise !!
(see image below)

Best you ask around about capitalist tips in socialist Russian bars
(see image below)

:10518:

robertmf
23-04-2012, 02:09
Please review the video to see if she was actually given a check.

:11629: Since foreigners are there, so will be KGB surveillance cameras + audio.

Check for tiny microphones in the toothpicks and :kiss_mini: tequila sunrise cherries !!

The bartenders are all KGB informers.

:goblin: :Loco:

ezik
23-04-2012, 02:14
Robert,
I someone thinks I owe them a cocktail, I have no problem buying them one (or two) and join in on the fun.
I'd like to stress, though, that the card initiative is a zero-budget thing. The card, one of them being in your possession, is something that happened and maybe has good potential.
But it is definitely not a business at this point. We have some cards left. And after the last cards have been picked up, I actually have no idea about what is next.

Wake Up Wake Up ezik wants to buy you a tequila sunrise !!
(see image below)

Best you ask around about capitalist tips in socialist Russian bars
(see image below)

:10518:

robertmf
23-04-2012, 03:19
Robert,
I someone thinks I owe them a cocktail, I have no problem buying them one (or two) and join in on the fun.
I'd like to stress, though, that the card initiative is a zero-budget thing. The card, one of them being in your possession, is something that happened and maybe has good potential.
But it is definitely not a business at this point. We have some cards left. And after the last cards have been picked up, I actually have no idea about what is next.

Sure. Too bad Russian doesn't have the phrase "tongue in cheek".

For my view, I've never read here any problemo with the card services. What I do know from experiences is that women look at bar tabs ..umm.. differently from men.

:evilgrin: Mainly, :queen: think they should drink for free in bars.

:goblin:

steve77
23-04-2012, 07:32
My theory is the bar tender charged her a higher price then pocketed the difference. It's only a theory - we'd have to see the video but it does happen.

Shooters
23-04-2012, 07:56
My theory is the bar tender charged her a higher price then pocketed the difference. It's only a theory - we'd have to see the video but it does happen.

This can hardly happen in THIS situation when a check is emitted! Of course NOW celia will say she never received check, LOL! As she suggested that our system is wrong, LOL again!

If the barman would have wanted to cheat he would have done a check at 270, received the payment from the customer, then told the manager that he made an error so the 270 check is canceled, and then he would have done another check at 111 rubles.
He would have kept 270 and paid himself 111, and so, pocketed the difference.
In our records (Ezik can check) we have NO check that could match this situation at the time it happened.

As I wrote already, I consider that anybody may mistake, BUT clever people simply admit when they do, instead of adding a new BS to try to cover their lie (the new BS here is that our cash system "does not reflect the situation"). This is pathetic!
Probable new BS is that she will say she was not given a check but that the barman smiled and said "270"! Be ready! Maybe even he insulted her, who knows...

xSnoofovich
23-04-2012, 10:16
Of course Shooters, the problem here is that you offered your "proof" only after Celia stated her case, and she gave out plenty of details.

Then you proceeded to call her an idiot based on screen shots from data that she herself had given you. (photoshop, anyone?)

The only thing that this shows me is that:

A) she really was there and,
B) she really did have those drinks, and
C) something really did happen.

In addition, since we now have "Ezik" involved in this situation, it would seem as if "Celia" is a real person.

Here is a question for you - Why would she create such a story? What does she have to gain from it? and Why are you always so defensive?

steve77
23-04-2012, 12:35

You say a week ago Friday night which would be the 13th? Yet Shooters is presenting a screen shot April 6?

Shooters
23-04-2012, 13:45
Of course Shooters, the problem here is that you offered your "proof" only after Celia stated her case, and she gave out plenty of details.

This, is a VERY clever reply and I expected nothing less from you!

How could I give details and evidences without knowing WHAT was the problem?
Maybe you expeceted even that, before Celia posted, I said "There was no problem with Celia"?
Once more, you made a very VERY very clever statement :Loco:

> Then you proceeded to call her an idiot based on screen shots from data that she herself had given you. (photoshop, anyone?)

I did not call her an idiot, as usual you do not read before replying. I was speaking about an awesome idiot that could support this BS thread and everybody BUT YOU of course understood to whom I was thinking.

Yes photoshop, yes of course. And also I hacked R-Keeper inside the source code to manipulate the data, no problem. Maybe you should photoshop your brain too, there are special tablets that work fine I am sure :(

> The only thing that this shows me is that:

> A) she really was there and,
> B) she really did have those drinks, and

THIS drink. Can you read? ONE drink.

> C) something really did happen.

Yes, probably she cannot remember the price she paid.

> In addition, since we now have "Ezik" involved in this situation, it would seem as if "Celia" is a real person.

Had you any doubt? I myself posted that yes I remember her as I talked with her about expatru card.

> Here is a question for you - Why would she create such a story? What does she have to gain from it? and Why are you always so defensive?

I am not defensive, I post EVIDENCES when people post BS. Maybe you are not able to understand, but others are.

About the reason.... A few months ago 2 drunkies posted BS on a few places claiming that they waited 50 minutes for cocktails at Shooters. We posted evidences that it was false. Then we discovered that those 2 drunkies were in fact good friends of a barman working in another place, who got to work a few times at Shooters and who was fired because of robbery.
So there can be hidden reasons as there can be just a memory problem.

Anyway evidences have been posted, that clearly show that Celia is wrong on this case. If Ezik wants to come and check the checks of this day, no problem. But of course, then you will say that we bought him with a few drinks to say whatever I want. Hypocrites always find argumentation to not admit they are wrong.

Shooters
23-04-2012, 13:47
You say a week ago Friday night which would be the 13th? Yet Shooters is presenting a screen shot April 6?

You should READ post before replying. Clelia told she was waiting for Ezik for a expatru card. Ezik posted on this forum (Find the post!) that he will come the 6th of April.

Really you are ridiculous!!! Not even able to read, just happy to make noise!

Well, as you will even not be able to find the post, it is here:
http://forum.expat.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=979919&postcount=1

Fatandy, you can remove your "thanks for this useful post"! His post deserves a good kick somewhere :(

FatAndy
23-04-2012, 13:55
Fatandy, you can remove your "thanks for this useful post"! His post deserves a good kick somewhere :(
It was a good question nevertheless, helping to clear situation.

I've made thank to your reply for a balance ;)

Try to reply w/o excessive emotions, it will be much better.

Shooters
23-04-2012, 13:56
It was a good question nevertheless. I've made thank to yours for a balance ;)

Thanks, but IMO people should READ the WHOLE story before claiming to give lessons!

steve77
23-04-2012, 14:00
You should READ post before replying. Clelia told she was waiting for Ezik for a expatru card. Ezik posted on this forum (Find the post!) that he will come the 6th of April.

Really you are ridiculous!!! Not even able to read, just happy to make noise!

Well, as you will even not be able to find the post, it is here:
http://forum.expat.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=979919&postcount=1

She said "a week ago" which would have made it the 13th based on her post. She should have said "two weeks ago" which would have made it the 6th.

steve77
23-04-2012, 14:05

^^^^^
This above post was made 22 April. "A week ago on Friday night" would make it 13 April, noth the 6th. She should have said two weeks ago Friday night for clarity.

So I was not wrong Shooters and you have no right to insult people in here or call them idiots especially when they spend money in your bar.

FatAndy
23-04-2012, 14:06
Thanks, but IMO people should READ the WHOLE story before claiming to give lessons!
1) The story about exact date has started in another thread;
2) People may make mistakes, usually unintentionally
3) You may direct them correct way politely, surely and with a sense of humor (as it fits to the benevolent and hospitable host you are ;))

Shooters
23-04-2012, 14:11
She said "a week ago" which would have made it the 13th based on her post. She should have said "two weeks ago" which would have made it the 6th.

So she also made an error saying A week ago. But as she also said that she was waiting for Ezik for the card distribution, you should have understood that she came the day when Ezik was about to distribute the cards. A small search on the forum would have made you understand that it was not ONE week ago.

It is exactly like this that I found out the check. You see, if I was able to understand, you should have been too. No?

Shooters
23-04-2012, 14:13
^^^^^
This above post was made 22 April. "A week ago on Friday night" would make it 13 April, noth the 6th. She should have said two weeks ago Friday night for clarity.

So I was not wrong Shooters and you have no right to insult people in here or call them idiots especially when they spend money in your bar.

I do not insult her as (once more!) the "awesome idiot" was targetting an... AWESOME idiot and everybody here (but you?) is able to understand who it is.

And anyway you know, I prefer lose 111 rubles than lose a few hours replying to a stupid thread :)

Shooters
23-04-2012, 14:16
1) The story about exact date has started in another thread;

hoooo! 2 threads for Shooters? Good! Advertizing for free LOL!

> 2) People may make mistakes, usually unintentionally

Yes, and that is why EVEN IF THE STORY WAS TRUE (it was NOT and I proved it), instead of shouting about scam, person should have understood that people can make mistake as you say.

> 3) You may direct them correct way politely, surely and with a sense of humor (as it fits to the benevolent and hospitable host you are ;))

I think you do not know me, if one day I am not polite you will see the difference :) But I am more than polite with people who post BS (a PM would have been the best way to begin!), and with idiots (I confirm!) that feed the troll.

BTW "idiot" is not a big insult, I remember a film named "Une ravissante idiote" with Brigitte Bardot... This was an hymn to her beauty :) Blondes, you know.... :farout:

FatAndy
23-04-2012, 14:31
hoooo! 2 threads for Shooters? Good! Advertizing for free LOL!
No, second one was about cards handout. Maybe somehow it advertizes you too.

I think you do not know me, if one day I am not polite you will see the difference :)
Will it add you and your business popularity? ;)

BTW "idiot" is not a big insult, I remember a film named "Une ravissante idiote" with Brigitte Bardot... This was an hymn to her beauty :) Blondes, you know.... :farout:
Not everyone saw great movies and not everyone likes great Brigitte. But I'm doubt people like to be called idiots, even if they make mistakes.

Shooters
23-04-2012, 14:44
> Will it add you and your business popularity?

Our popularity is growing in Moscow, and to speak frankly, I am more interested in popularity among Russians than foreigners. This is mathematical, as I am running a business. And people for whom we ARE popular do not read this great forum, do not post BS about fantomatic discounts, etc.
Now about this great forum, well, 10 guys are not happy of Shooters for some reasons, their right :) Some are not happy because I am the owner, their right too. They spend hours to post BS against the bar? Bah! During they post, other fellow expats come drink and eat at Shooters, and guess what? They are happy and come back and back! Incredible, hey?

Not everyone saw great movies and not everyone likes great Brigitte. But I'm doubt people like to be called idiots, even if they make mistakes.

Third time: I did not call the author of the mistake an idiot; i wrote that probably some awesome idiots would support her. Should I write it a fourth, fifth etc, time?

Now, of course people who make mistake can do it without interest etc, but when they are shown evidences that they are wrong, it is not a sign of being clever to persist in their attitude.

Look, it is day time, right? I say you "it is night now in Moscow". You then calmely explain me that NO, it is not night, you even show me a live video, you invite me to have a look in the street.
If I continue to say "it is night now", you won't call me an idiot? Are you sure?

So now I will concentrate on my work, more grateful than reading this thread for sure :)

FatAndy
23-04-2012, 14:52
They are happy and come back and back! Incredible, hey?
Credible, credible ;)

If I continue to say "it is night now", you won't call me an idiot? Are you sure?
I won't call you an idiot. Just remember anecdote about "yes, doc, it's such $h!ty summer..."(C) ;)

So now I will concentrate on my work, more grateful than reading this thread for sure :)
It's a very correct decision, I fully support it.

mds45
23-04-2012, 16:04
I was in Shooters on Friday the 6th, I phoned up and reserved 3 seats at the bar - no problem, my name was on a list , was checked and we were shown to our seats.
I met Ezik and was given a card, I was happily surprised that 2 hours later when I was getting the check I was given by the manager the standard Expat Ru discount even though I had just been given the card.
The service was excellent, the burgers tasty and we had a great time.
That's all nothing else to add.

natlee
23-04-2012, 17:43
I was there on Friday the 6th also, had booked a table which went perfectly well and pleasant. In fact, I was running late and phoned the place, and was told no problem, we're expecting you etc. all ever so politely. The service was good, it may have been difficult at times to catch the waitress to get refills but that was to be expected on a Friday night, so no problem. However, when the time came to pay the bill and I gave the expat.ru card to the waitress she told me they weren't accepting discount cards on Fridays. I told her that that Friday was supposed to be different for that particular card, but she said no, it wasn't. Honestly, I thought I may have been confused so I said no problem. Now, if I wanted to get the discount I couldn't always asked for Shooters, but the prices were reasonable enough, with the 111 rub cocktails especially (the ones we ordered anyway) so I didn't bother. This was my choice. If I'd had a problem with it, I would've sorted it at the time.

Sparafucile
24-04-2012, 00:14

http://operagasm.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/piggy.gif

Charmant? Moi?

robertmf
24-04-2012, 00:45

Charmant? Moi?

celia
24-04-2012, 09:48
Oh the ignominy of being put in the same "awsome idiot" category as Alfred E Neumann (there was a brief time in my life when Mad magazines took up most of my disposable income..)

This is how it was. Yes, it was April 6 when I walked into that infamous gin joint to get an Expat ru card. The owner told me Ezik would be late. I went to the bar and there was a drinks menu which made no mention of the 111 rouble cocktails. I asked the bartender for a margarita, but he said he couldn't make a margarita. I then asked for a tequila sunrise. Received a bill for 270 roubles. Wondered mildly about the 111 rouble deal on Friday, but was too tired to bother. Wondered about tipping in Russia. There was a man at the bar speaking English with two young Russian girls, and I briefly contemplated asking him about tipping, but he seemed to be engrossed in the conversation. Gave the bartender 3 100 rouble notes and received 30 roubles back. Took the 10 rouble note and left the 20 roubles in coins as a tip. Would have gladly had a second cocktail if the price had been 111 roubles, but decided one would have to do at 270 roubles. Eventually got my Expat.ru card from Ezik and left.

So I take issue with the owner of Shooters saying that it is impossible for his computer to generate a bill for the regular price of drinks on a Friday night, because I received one.

Reading the posts above, it appears that I am now banned from Shooters. Will try to get on with the rest of my life and not obsess about it too much...

Shooters
24-04-2012, 11:07
Oh the ignominy of being put in the same "awsome idiot" category as Alfred E Neumann (there was a brief time in my life when Mad magazines took up most of my disposable income..)

This is how it was. Yes, it was April 6 when I walked into that infamous gin joint to get an Expat ru card. The owner told me Ezik would be late. I went to the bar and there was a drinks menu which made no mention of the 111 rouble cocktails. I asked the bartender for a margarita, but he said he couldn't make a margarita. I then asked for a tequila sunrise. Received a bill for 270 roubles. Wondered mildly about the 111 rouble deal on Friday, but was too tired to bother. Wondered about tipping in Russia. There was a man at the bar speaking English with two young Russian girls, and I briefly contemplated asking him about tipping, but he seemed to be engrossed in the conversation. Gave the bartender 3 100 rouble notes and received 30 roubles back. Took the 10 rouble note and left the 20 roubles in coins as a tip. Would have gladly had a second cocktail if the price had been 111 roubles, but decided one would have to do at 270 roubles. Eventually got my Expat.ru card from Ezik and left.

So I take issue with the owner of Shooters saying that it is impossible for his computer to generate a bill for the regular price of drinks on a Friday night, because I received one.

THIS is absolutely not right. NO 270 rubles bill was emitted this day, NONE was canceled, and once more Ezik could attest about it if he would like to check.

I could think that the barman would have scammed you IF you would not say that you got a 270 rubles bill. BUT NO 270 rub bill was done this day. None, zero. So you are clearly wrong, completely.

Oh and once more the "awesome idiot" was not for YOU but after I said it 4 or 5 times it seems that you still do not understand it. So maybe I am wrong, don't know exactly...

Game over!

PS. As Ezik is away I invite FatAndy, our well know moderator, to check this on our computer system, then to publish the result of his audit.

Sparafucile
24-04-2012, 11:09
Reading the posts above, it appears that I am now banned from Shooters.

So, you're banned from a crummy shithole in a damp-smelling basement run by rude people, with dreadful cocktails, and all a mere half-hour forced march from the nearest metro?

You've missed nothing :) Moscow is full of great places to eat & drink - and Shooters is a cheapskate dive that offers nothing.

steve77
24-04-2012, 11:25
One possibility is that the barman kept a 270 rub check from the previous day / week and passed that on to Celia knowing she could not read / understand Russian and the 111 rub was indeed generated and paid but never passed to Celia. (The difference going into the barman's pocket).

Perhaps viewing the video would show the source of Celia's check? I am sure she has no reason to lie about something so petty.

mds45
24-04-2012, 11:27

Reading the posts above, it appears that I am now banned from Shooters. Will try to get on with the rest of my life and not obsess about it too much...

Hahaha That was me at the bar with my wives - love being a mormon !!

Shooters
24-04-2012, 11:27
One possibility is that the barman kept a 270 rub check from the previous day / week and passed that on to Celia knowing she could not read / understand Russian and the 111 rub was indeed generated and paid but never passed to Celia. (The difference going into the barman's pocket).

Perhaps viewing the video would show the source of Celia's check? I am sure she has no reason to lie about something so petty.

there was no 270 rubles check the 4 days before. And I don't think barman would do this, waiting a client to ask exactly a tequila sunrise aftera few days. There are easier ways to steal money :(

Shooters
24-04-2012, 11:28
So, you're banned from a crummy shithole in a damp-smelling basement run by rude people, with dreadful cocktails, and all a mere half-hour forced march from the nearest metro?

You've missed nothing :) Moscow is full of great places to eat & drink - and Shooters is a cheapskate dive that offers nothing.

This post is so funny that I quote it, to be indexed twice :)))) And God fu*k the qu*en )))

PeteD
24-04-2012, 11:43
Received a bill for 270 roubles.

NO 270 rubles bill was emitted this day, NONE was canceled, and once more Ezik could attest about it if he would like to check.

I could think that the barman would have scammed you IF you would not say that you got a 270 rubles bill. BUT NO 270 rub bill was done this day. None, zero. So you are clearly wrong, completely.

Celia - Can you remember whether the bill you were presented with was printed or handwritten?

From the evidence, it seems that the correct amount was keyed in to the till, and recorded on the EPOS system, and which Shooters owner is defending (perhaps a little too aggressively :) ).

You seem to recall the event clearly, and, with just one cocktail consumed, we can hardly attribute a bad memory to excess alcohol, so I see no reason to disbelieve you!

This leaves the possibility that the barman may have scammed you, which Shooters have already alluded to, but dismissed because you say you were presented with a bill... If you were presented with a printed bill, then this would vindicate the barman's actions, but if he presented you with a handwritten bill, after correctly entering the right amount in to the till, and pocketed the difference, then this would be one possible explanation for how things happened.

We all want to believe that everyone is honest, and won't scam us. Sadly, this is a bit naive and very unrealistic.

potential learning points from this -

Celia - If you are upset about the prinicple - CHALLENGE the principle, at the time, until you get a satisfactory explanation!

Shooters - You have agreed that there was a slight ambiguity in the advertisement and said that you would rectify this - fantastic. Not all your patrons are out to destroy your business or reputation, and not all your staff are likely to be perfect! Your defence of your business, while completely understandable, comes across as quite aggressive, which might only serve to alienate future patrons.

.... Just my thoughts!

:drink:

FatAndy
24-04-2012, 11:51
PS. As Ezik is away I invite FatAndy, our well know moderator, to check this on our computer system, then to publish the result of his audit.
I may check only computer hardware itself and OS, but not the software accounting system - here I'm absolutely zero. So for you it is better to ask celia to recall as much details of that evening as possible, and, if CCTV system (if any) records are still available for 6th apr, check them too.

And from my point of view, the trick with 270 vs 111 looks also a bit strange. Too small sum to trouble. But it is only IMHO.

Shooters
24-04-2012, 11:56
Handwrittent bills are done when our POS system is offline for som,e reason, it can happen though not that often, and in such a case bills are written by the manager and not by the barman. So in this case there would have been 2 persons to share 159 rubles (270-111)? ahum...

About advertising yes there was something not that clear and I immediately admitted it but it does nOT concern this tequila thing... It was for the initial post on the thread...
Then Celia came with this story, and of course, as usual, the usual moralists arrived and began to post BS.

I am not agressive, and if I am wrong I do admit it, in public or/and in private. And something I can not admit is bad faith. Against this, yes I reply without gloves. I am not politically correct. Not at all. People who do not like, are free to not like and not come to the bar :)

Celia - Can you remember whether the bill you were presented with was printed or handwritten?

From the evidence, it seems that the correct amount was keyed in to the till, and recorded on the EPOS system, and which Shooters owner is defending (perhaps a little too aggressively :) ).

You seem to recall the event clearly, and, with just one cocktail consumed, we can hardly attribute a bad memory to excess alcohol, so I see no reason to disbelieve you!

This leaves the possibility that the barman may have scammed you, which Shooters have already alluded to, but dismissed because you say you were presented with a bill... If you were presented with a printed bill, then this would vindicate the barman's actions, but if he presented you with a handwritten bill, after correctly entering the right amount in to the till, and pocketed the difference, then this would be one possible explanation for how things happened.

We all want to believe that everyone is honest, and won't scam us. Sadly, this is a bit naive and very unrealistic.

potential learning points from this -

Celia - If you are upset about the prinicple - CHALLENGE the principle, at the time, until you get a satisfactory explanation!

Shooters - You have agreed that there was a slight ambiguity in the advertisement and said that you would rectify this - fantastic. Not all your patrons are out to destroy your business or reputation, and not all your staff are likely to be perfect! Your defence of your business, while completely understandable, comes across as quite aggressive, which might only serve to alienate future patrons.

.... Just my thoughts!

:drink:

Shooters
24-04-2012, 12:06
Checking would simply be to see the list of checks, voided checks, etc. No hack of the software (that is anyway licensed and locked).

Video is not available anymore, we save the 10 last days, then record over. Anyway video does not allw to read a check.

Celia gives details, a new one comes every day or so, today the check that she received. I sincerely believe she mikstakes, probably good faith at the beginning of the thread. Now, not sure as usually good people admit when they are wrong :) But anyway it won't change anything :)

I may check only computer hardware itself and OS, but not the software accounting system - here I'm absolutely zero. So for you it is better to ask celia to recall as much details of that evening as possible, and, if CCTV system (if any) records are still available for 6th apr, check them too.

And from my point of view, the trick with 270 vs 111 looks also a bit strange. Too small sum to trouble. But it is only IMHO.

breezy
24-04-2012, 12:16
this thread is making me thirsty for some tequilla now, lol:jester:

celia
24-04-2012, 12:27
I received a printed bill.

I'm not complaining about the bill at all because I chose to leave it alone. I guess I'm not as impressed as some of you are about a supposedly foolproof computer system.

If I'm wrong I will go to Shooters and clean the floor with a toothbrush....that's how sure I am.

Sparafucile
24-04-2012, 12:39
This post is so funny that I quote it, to be indexed twice :)))) And God fu*k the qu*en )))

Thanks! You're perfectly demonstrated the friendly approach to customer service that's on offer at Shooters - to the tiny few who still keep going there.

If you want to fu*k the Queen, do please be my guest. Although I doubt you could do that properly either.

The single time I came to your damp basement, we waited 45 minutes for two mojitos. Then we waited 20 minutes for the cheque. Won't bother again.

celia
24-04-2012, 13:10
Now I see that someone has stuck a "Troll" sticker on my last post - I hope the rest of the forum is not quite so dramatic as this one.

As I said ages ago, Shooters and I have to agree to disagree, and move on.

Sparafucile
24-04-2012, 13:30
Now I see that someone has stuck a "Troll" sticker on my last post .

I can't imagine who would do that :((

All part of the friendly Shooters service.

FatAndy
24-04-2012, 13:47
Now I see that someone has stuck a "Troll" sticker on my last post
It is possible to do by yourself (by mistake) or by admin. I've removed the sticker mentioned.

FatAndy
24-04-2012, 13:49
this thread is making me thirsty for some tequilla now, lol:jester:
If you're thirsty, drink vodka. It contains 40% of alcohol, yes, but the rest 60% is clean water! :D

Judge
24-04-2012, 13:54
It is possible to do by yourself (by mistake) or by admin. I've removed the sticker mentioned.

Was thinking the same, other members can't stick icons on someone else's post.
btw ,is the terrace at Shooters open yet?

mds45
24-04-2012, 13:54

mmmmm I can't believe Celia did that by mistake, she sounds to clever for that, so which one of you admin people put the Troll sticker on her post?

breezy
24-04-2012, 13:57
If you're thirsty, drink vodka. It contains 40% of alcohol, yes, but the rest 60% is clean water! :D

but vodka makes me a bit crazy, lol! oh vodka.....the situations i have gotten myself into with you....lol

Judge
24-04-2012, 14:00
mmmmm I can't believe Celia did that by mistake, she sounds to clever for that, so which one of you admin people put the Troll sticker on her post?

Wasn't me Guv,

Will ask admin about this.
though would be news to me if it's possible.

FatAndy
24-04-2012, 15:10
but vodka makes me a bit crazy, lol! oh vodka.....the situations i have gotten myself into with you....lol
Very probably it's because of incorrect way of consuming it. :cool:
But it's not the issue - just arrive here, I'll try to make smth in analogy with our army's Course of Young Soldier :D

FatAndy
24-04-2012, 15:20
It depends. For example, on misconfigured touchpads/trackpads of laptops your movement of mouse pointer across the radiobuttons field with message stickers may cause this, as occassional selection by tap.

That's why I don't use these pads on laptops, only Trackpoint :) - mistake's probability is much lower.

FatAndy
24-04-2012, 16:09
btw ,is the terrace at Shooters open yet?
Dunno, maybe not "yet" but "already" (snow was fully melted only a week ago)? Anyway, this is a question to Shooters.

Dicorp
24-04-2012, 16:25
I do not insult her as (once more!) the "awesome idiot" was targetting an... AWESOME idiot and everybody here (but you?) is able to understand who it is.

And anyway you know, I prefer lose 111 rubles than lose a few hours replying to a stupid thread :)

why are you so threatened by the awesome "idiot"?
if your business is doing so good?

Shooters
24-04-2012, 16:49
Dunno, maybe not "yet" but "already" (snow was fully melted only a week ago)? Anyway, this is a question to Shooters.

The result of experiment during a few weeks last year, made that there will not be summer terrace this year. A summer terrace in a small passage where cars are going, has a very very small interest.

robertmf
24-04-2012, 16:55
The result of experiment during a few weeks last year, made that there will not be summer terrace this year. A summer terrace in a small passage where cars are going, has a very very small interest.

Can you (:evilgrin: pay a bribe to) block off this small passage/alley :question: I should think outdoor seating would be popular (but not with car fumes).

Shooters
24-04-2012, 16:57
The point is that the passage is owned by the landlord who has ALL places around and she does not agree to close it :( Anyway I have scheduled a meeting this week and so will speak again, will let you know!

Can you (:evilgrin: pay a bribe to) block off this small passage/alley :question: I should think outdoor seating would be popular (but not with car fumes).

Judge
24-04-2012, 17:08
First off, sorry to hear about the terrace,always good to drink when the sun is out...

Guys, deleted posts...it's against forum rules to post personal info..
And Mr Awesome guy is no longer on the site, so no real need to bring him into this discussion..
Let's try and keep on topic or the thread will be closed..

robertmf
24-04-2012, 17:09
The point is that the passage is owned by the landlord who has ALL places around and she does not agree to close it :( Anyway I have scheduled a meeting this week and so will speak again, will let you know!

Ah! Maybe she will let you 'rent' the passageway/alley :question:

:emote_popcorn: Then $charge$ more for drinks "on the terrace" !!

In August, have "Hawaiian night" on the terrace.

Put cherries & pineapple in rum for fancy (expensive) mai tai.

Girls with grass skirts get discount !! :rofl:

Judge
24-04-2012, 17:12
Personal info?

How is the fact that his staff are retards personal info?
Or that Nazis conjugate at the bar during soccer games?

Check your PM..

Judge
24-04-2012, 17:48
The topic is about being overcharged for a drink.The OP isn't that interested in the thread and the other incident seems to have passed by...
There's no need to bring up old reviews/events or whatever that were discussed to death on this site ages ago..

Thread closed..