PDA

View Full Version : Mortgages for non Citizens

snow&music
17-04-2012, 10:35
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of taking a mortgage in Russia as a non Russian citizen. I've looked at Raiffhaisen, but it looks like you need to be Russian to apply.

The interest rates here are insane, but so is the rent :(

So, any help would be great.

Thank you!

S.

Benedikt
17-04-2012, 11:40
mortgage if you are a foreigner. as simple as that. but also if your partner/wife/girlfriend is Russian it is not as simple as that. meaning, make it out in -her- name, i will pay. YOU do not exist.. SHE needs proof of work, income and the like. not easy indeed.

snow&music
17-04-2012, 12:01
I thought that may be the case, my other half is Russian, but I guess that won't help.

Looks like I may be biting the pillow of a 30% rent increase.:11363:

DavidB
17-04-2012, 12:08
People with вид на жительство can get credit. If you're married to a Russian citizen, it's easier to get than for others. But.. it will take 2 years to get it because you have to go through the temporary residence permit stage first (разрешение на временное проживание)

snow&music
17-04-2012, 12:36
What a nightmare, 2 years, and then all the hassles of residence. I think the state is in league with my landlady! :-)

DavidB
17-04-2012, 12:57
It's normal in most countries that only long-term residents can get credit. for this reason and a few others, it's a good idea to apply for a residence permit as soon as possible. I've been through the process in 2 EU countries and can say that it's no more difficult in Russia.

DavidB
17-04-2012, 13:03
If you work independently or your employer is flexible, your wife can register as a private entrepreneur and employe you. That way she will have documents to prove yours and her legal income and it will all be in her name at some point. Usually banks only ask for 6 months of records, so that will get you there much quicker.

snow&music
18-04-2012, 10:13
Looks pretty bleak. Has anyone tried Alfa? They seem to have a more liberal position with foreigners. I just wonder how progressive this is in practice? I hear they don't require residence permits.

I've not used them as a bank, are they any good?

I'll investigate and report back (may take a couple of weeks), if nobody else has used them....

http://rt.com/business/news/alfa-bank-push-expats/