PDA

View Full Version : Imports

brianw.stearns
04-10-2007, 07:05
I'm looking to possibly go into Moscow as a salesman for an american company. We're looking to import cars and/or small POP retail units, all legal and such. where would i find the forms necessary to import these? also what legal things have to be done in russia to expand american sales to Russia?

Clean32
04-10-2007, 12:36
I'm looking to possibly go into Moscow as a salesman for an american company?
welcome

We're looking to import cars?

Oh anothere one

and/or small POP retail units,?

Oh anothere one

all legal and such. ,?

\HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

where would i find the forms necessary to import these? ,?

Take a small truck, to the frederial customes office and then to GAI central, also you will need excact change down to the kopec so thats a small van filled with small coins, oh and some security to keep the gypys away.
doint forget a few boxs of pens. NB photo coping is not alowed, every thing is in triplicate.

also what legal things have to be done in russia to expand american sales to Russia?

eather drop the american bit or the legal bit

brianw.stearns
05-10-2007, 00:44
well of course i know that if i really wanted to i wouldn't have to go through customs officially and that the bribes would probably be about half the listed taxes, but seeing as both employers aren't quite comfortable with the idea of skipping the russian legalities I have to ask to at least show them the mountain of paperwork that could be avoided by just doing it the easier way./all shipments would be moved by boat, so would that be a little boat filled with little coins?

Clean32
05-10-2007, 02:27
Basicly the tax is 3 euros a CC, plus 13% sales tax, but you have to be carfule you doint pay the sales tax, twice.

secondly there is a sh**load of problems in doing all this in a non russian name, company or personal. you will need a russian company at this end. as the boom days of imports are over, and every car dealer bring in there own, you may have to look at carring your bussness though to sales to the public. secondly, german cars are liked american cars not so much so.

brianw.stearns
05-10-2007, 04:03
well the cars in question are custom limousines, and would only be sold in low numbers and to very specific russians.

brianw.stearns
05-10-2007, 06:13
also, CC = cargo container or what?

Pobman
05-10-2007, 08:44
also, CC = cargo container or what?

cubic cm ... ie how big the engine is... the bigger the engine the more you pay.

Is there not another tax too if the vehicle is less than 3 years old??? Or is that the 13% one, I forget.

Clean32
05-10-2007, 10:36
cubic cm ... ie how big the engine is... the bigger the engine the more you pay.

Is there not another tax too if the vehicle is less than 3 years old??? Or is that the 13% one, I forget.

correct. and 13% is sales tax, VAT

Fa-Q!
06-10-2007, 09:11
well the cars in question are custom limousines, and would only be sold in low numbers and to very specific russians.

I'd recommend that you really do your homework on the competition and your target clientelle before embarking on your plan. There are several companies run by Russians out of NY, Miami and LA that import high-end cars to Russia. They're well established and well connected here both with customs brokers and the clientelle. I don't think that there is any shortage of Bentleys or stretch limos here, either.