PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Saltikovskya Orphanage: Room for 2 more volunteers: Join us this Saturday, April 21st

Mud
16-04-2012, 05:39
HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!

The 1st 2 people to confirm via this site or on Face Book will get the last places (according to time stamps)!!

The Russian Charity Club: Caring and Sharing invites you to visit the Saltikovskya Orphanage (in Zhelesnodorozhny), This Saturday, April 21st from 10:30 am - 3:30 pm.

http://www.facebook.com/events/211970505578511/

We'll be spending time with about 20-25 orphans (of the 100+ total) ages 7-12 years old. We'll play and do some fun activities designed to teach a few english words and phrases. However, the key component is your open heart and attention, not your skills with kids nor in teaching. We already have several experienced native speaking english teachers committed to this visit so don't worry. You'll be fine just playing and helping.

We will be accepting a few donations for this trip. Anybody who is interested in donating stationary items (pens, pencils, colored pencils, markers, paper, colored paper, construction paper, etc....., please send me a PM.

More details to be announced in the next several days.

Thanks for caring! :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

celia
17-04-2012, 07:44
Hi, I'd be happy to participate. Could you send me a PM with further details?

molly picon
17-04-2012, 10:08
Hi Mud! Am I too late? Would love to go.

Mud
18-04-2012, 01:21

Hi Celia!

Thanks for your reply! :)

I'm so sorry. We filled the last 2 spots for this visit. :(

You're just a bit late, unfortunately. You are actually #2 on the waiting list, in case of cancellations.

I'll send you a PM so that we may keep in touch about future orphanage visits and other events.

We plan to expand our efforts in the future so that we may include more volunteers. The limit of 10 volunteers per visit and just 1 visit per month leaves us with many more volunteers than opportunities. So we hope to begin work with a 2nd orphanage,,,, then a 3rd,,,,, then a 4th,,, etc! :)

franzewich
18-04-2012, 01:23
Great achievement, Mud, congrats! :applause:

You seem to have dedication, commitment - and a strong concept for making this a better world! Keep going, bud!

Wish I were in Moscow; I definitely would join you. But, of course, as a gentleman I will let the ladies get the places! :) All the best!

Mud
18-04-2012, 01:29
Hi Mud! Am I too late? Would love to go.

GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY (picon)!!!! :)

Thanks for your reply! :)

Please see the previous post.

I'm afraid that you are just a bit late. So sorry. :( You're #3 on the waiting list.

I'll PM you more so we may stay in touch for future orphanage visits and other events. :)

Mud
18-04-2012, 01:40
Great achievement, Mud, congrats! :applause:

You seem to have dedication, commitment - and a strong concept for making this a better world! Keep going, bud!

Wish I were in Moscow; I definitely would join you. But, of course, as a gentleman I will let the ladies get the places! :) All the best!

Thanks for your support franzewich! :)

Yes, it would really be quite a trip for you to come from Germany but I know that your thoughts and heart will be with us! :)

franzewich
18-04-2012, 20:56
Thanks for your support franzewich! :)

Yes, it would really be quite a trip for you to come from Germany but I know that your thoughts and heart will be with us! :)

Haha: Munich-Warsaw 12 hours (just did this trip last week); Warsaw-Minsk = 1 day; Minsk-Moscow = 1 day.

So it's possible to be there by Saturday, provided some stiff driving and no jerks at the borders.

Don't have a valid visa, though, too bad! :( Maybe some day...

Mud
18-04-2012, 23:39

WAIT! Something has changed.

Celia and molly picon, you might still be able to join us! :)

I'll PM you some details. It may just work out! :)

Mud
20-04-2012, 15:20
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Unfortunately, the visit to the Saltikovsky Orphanage is postponed to a later date. :(

The children were invited to a festival at Sokolniki Park and with such lovely weather, they have accepted. I'm so glad that the children will have some fun in the sun. However, I'll be sad not to see them. I am very sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience. Sometimes these things just happen despite all of our best planning. Oh well,,,,,.

For those who planned to participate, I hope that you take this newly found free time to enjoy some fun in the sun too! :)

We'll plan another visit as soon as possible.

Thank you for caring! :)

Thank you for sharing! :)