PDA

View Full Version : христос воскресе!-Happy Easter!

Benedikt
15-04-2012, 07:37
to everybody who celebrates this Holiday today!!

rusmeister
15-04-2012, 10:12
to everybody who celebrates this Holiday today!!

Thanks!

Of course, I think it matters what is celebrated on a holiday, though many people have forgotten that holiday means holy day. It is precisely in that that it differs from a mere day off. Dancing, drinking, and celebrating are supposed to celebrate SOMETHING, and not nothing.

And this holiday, above all, is the affirmation that death - our deaths in particular - need not be forever; that the state in which we must only die and remain dead has been reversed, that the path to living forever has been opened, that death itself is abolished? What in the heck could be better news than that???

Taken as a true statement, and not merely as a quaint custom, "something people just say" on Easter, aka Pascha, there is nothing that could be of greater joy than that!

So CHRIST IS RISEN!!! ( The correct response that 'gets you in the club' is "Indeed, He is risen!")

ХРИСТОС ВОСКРЕСЕ! (hree-STOSE vos-KRESS-yeh!)
(the response:) ВОИСТИНУ ВОСКРЕСЕ! (vuh- EES-TEE-NOO vos-KRESS-yeh!)

Benedikt
15-04-2012, 10:57
and even that -my- easter was a week back. to me it does not matter.HE is ONE,
for -me-
for -you-
for -them-

and far to often we forget that and try to be holier then the Pope. And that is not right. Still, it does not matter what -i- believe in, it is MY believe. And no one should try to convince -me- or to make me change in what i believe.
however, for reasons that have no business here and for sure not today, i believe in HIM but not what his assistant(s) here on earth are doing. And might they be -mine- the Pope, -yours- the Patriarch here in Moscow or whatever HE is called.

rusmeister
15-04-2012, 12:08
for -me-
for -you-
for -them-

and far to often we forget that and try to be holier then the Pope. And that is not right. Still, it does not matter what -i- believe in, it is MY believe. And no one should try to convince -me- or to make me change in what i believe.
however, for reasons that have no business here and for sure not today, i believe in HIM but not what his assistant(s) here on earth are doing. And might they be -mine- the Pope, -yours- the Patriarch here in Moscow or whatever HE is called.
But if I believe differently than you, by your logic my actions are just as legitimate. If I believe I SHOULD do my best to convince people of objective truth, that is not merely "their belief" but the way things actually ARE, then by your own statement of belief, you should not try to convince me otherwise. Or do you mean that you are free to convince me of your belief ( that beliefs are purely personal and subjective) but I am NOT free to convince you of mine? That viewpoint only gives an appearance of letting people believe what they want, and is actually, as shown here, self-contradictory.

Oh, btw, it's a common misperception, but the Patriarch is NOT an equivalent of the Roman Pope. Patriarchs are more like cardinals than popes.

Anyway, I insist that the holiday IS holy, and is worth celebrating because of what it means, and hopefully, you believe that to be actually true, and not merely "your belief". So again, Happy Easter!

Sparafucile
15-04-2012, 14:41
The correct response that 'gets you in the club' "

Who's the leader of the gang, that's made for you and me?
P-A-T-R-I-A-R-C-H, K-I-R-I-L-L!

robertmf
15-04-2012, 14:52
But if I believe differently than you, by your logic my actions are just as legitimate. If I believe I SHOULD do my best to convince people of objective truth, that is not merely "their belief" but the way things actually ARE, then by your own statement of belief, you should not try to convince me otherwise.

My Easter was Sunday a week ago. Where's the objective truth in that :question: ... or are we in a Doctor Who episode :question:

rusmeister
15-04-2012, 15:19
My Easter was Sunday a week ago. Where's the objective truth in that :question: ... or are we in a Doctor Who episode :question:

Where's the "laugh" smilie?

I was just pointing out the inconsistency of using the modal verb "shouldn't" with "push your beliefs" - which is what "should" does.

Korotky Gennady
15-04-2012, 15:27
for -me-
for -you-
for -them-

. :AngelPray:

New russians and old ones.

Korotky Gennady
15-04-2012, 15:40
So CHRIST IS RISEN!!!

ХРИСТОС ВОСКРЕСЕ! (hree-STOSE vos-KRESS-yeh!)
(the response:) ВОИСТИНУ ВОСКРЕСЕ! (vuh- EES-TEE-NOO vos-KRESS-yeh!) ...