PDA

View Full Version : Women in charge?

Fantastika
03-10-2007, 21:28
Is it possible the mayor of St. Petersburg could be next Russian (first woman) president next year?

In Ukraine, Tymeshenko is going to arrange it so she is president there....

In US, media is pushing hard for Hillary...

It could be terrible situation next year.... (кошмар)

Also, Bill Clintons latest paramour is woman who could become Canada's next president...

Judge
04-10-2007, 22:15
Maybe in 20 odd years time,we will see a woman at the helm here,but for now it's a man's world in Russia.

Many Russian woman here are getting better jobs in big companies,so i think it's on the cards.

AndreyS
04-10-2007, 22:29
No. In my opinion women here are not politically active enough, and there is no public support for this (even among women themselves).

Fantastika
04-10-2007, 23:00
I think Russia is changing, very rapidly...

In Samara, the cars (sometimes) slow and stop for pedestrians at crosswalks... not so last year...

When I first came to Russia there were no bankomats, that is what the dating agency told me ("bring cash"). So i walked around the block and found three. Back at the dating agency, they had no idea...

Really, these are two little examples, but everything today seems to be undergoing dramatic change, not only here in Russia, but worldwide, and the pace of change is accelerating...

Not that I like it...:(

Clean32
04-10-2007, 23:07
I think Russia is changing, very rapidly...

In Samara, the cars (sometimes) slow and stop for pedestrians at crosswalks... not so last year...

When I first came to Russia there were no bankomats, that is what the dating agency told me ("bring cash"). So i walked around the block and found three. Back at the dating agency, they had no idea...

Really, these are two little examples, but everything today seems to be undergoing dramatic change, not only here in Russia, but worldwide, and the pace of change is accelerating...

Not that I like it...:(

Agree, up my way peaple are changing fast, driving is better, politness is better service is improving etc