PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Moscow suburb to leave for

WhiteLight
06-04-2012, 22:03
Hi!
My marriage ended in a divorce last year. You need to pay extra to get 2 single-room flats from selling your 2-room flat in N-E Moscow, something which I can ill afford. That is why I am pondering on moving on my own to a 1-room flat in a Moscow suburb. My wife and son won't move an inch out of Moscow, to say nothing of my flat.
I invite you to give advice and share your experience and thoughts on Moscow's suburban life.

Swordfish90293
06-04-2012, 22:54
Move to L.A....

Benedikt
07-04-2012, 00:08
Hi!
My marriage ended in a divorce last year. You need to pay extra to get 2 single-room flats from selling your 2-room flat in N-E Moscow, something which I can ill afford. That is why I am pondering on moving on my own to a 1-room flat in a Moscow suburb. My wife and son won't move an inch out of Moscow, to say nothing of my flat.
I invite you to give advice and share your experience and thoughts on Moscow's suburban life.

the prices are so high you need a 3 room apartment to get 2 one room apartment. definitely in the -better- areas. it would be wise to get the help of an estate agent.inside the MKAD you definitely will get nothing. Krasnogorsk would be a nice try.it also will depend how/where and waht are you working and what is your transport situation. but working in the center and then a daily 2h drive in the traffic jam is not an option either. at least try somewhere close to a Metro station, even if it is the last stop.

WhiteLight
08-04-2012, 14:30
Krasnogorsk would be a nice try.it also will depend how/where and waht are you working and what is your transport situation.

1) Thanks for the comment, Benedikt. Why Krasnogorsk? Some more details, please.
2) I forgot to mention those two important points - my work and transportation. I currently work for a translation agency in central Moscow, but may turn into a freelancer when the dust settles. I am a nature born poor driver, so I am certainly interested in a suburb with a metro station (or the one where a metro station is in the books or the one not far from a metro station).
3) A fast and steady Internet connection is definitely a must with me.

The rumors have it that they are going to inaugurate a metro station in Mytishchi by 2015.
Two of my friends reside in Khimki and seem to have no intention to move inside MKAD. It takes 1 hour for one them to go from Khimki to Novokuznetskaya subway station by public transport.
Last but not least, I am registered at my parents' place in Moscow, so propiska is not an issue.

Sparafucile
08-04-2012, 14:43
Worth looking South.

Moscow City Govt have an official policy to drive expansion of the city southwards, so those are the regions of the city that are going to be prioritised for infrastucture developement. Places like Podolsk will be on the Metro soon, and property values will double as a result.

tvadim133
08-04-2012, 15:03
I would agree with Benedikt.

one 2 rooms flats cannot be changed for two seperate 1 room flats without paying extra.

In Moscow (depending upon the location) your 2 rooms flat, if it costs 8-10 000 rur, can be changed for 2 flats (4-5 ml each).

In case your 2 rooms flat costs 6 Ml:

1. In suburb, one room flat can cost around 3 Ml rub;
2. in Moscow 1 room flat costs 4-5 ML

So you will have to pay 1 Ml Rub extra as minimum.

You need to sell the idea to your wife that she has to relocate to moscow suburb as well or you need to try buying a room in a flat or 1-2 ML must be in your pocket.

Samodika
08-04-2012, 15:39
1) Thanks for the comment, Benedikt. Why Krasnogorsk? Some more details, please.
2) I forgot to mention those two important points - my work and transportation. I currently work for a translation agency in central Moscow, but may turn into a freelancer when the dust settles. I am a nature born poor driver, so I am certainly interested in a suburb with a metro station (or the one where a metro station is in the books or the one not far from a metro station).
3) A fast and steady Internet connection is definitely a must with me.

The rumors have it that they are going to inaugurate a metro station in Mytishchi by 2015.
Two of my friends reside in Khimki and seem to have no intention to move inside MKAD. It takes 1 hour for one them to go from Khimki to Novokuznetskaya subway station by public transport.
Last but not least, I am registered at my parents' place in Moscow, so propiska is not an issue.

My parents live in Khimki and when I lived with them last year and visited them this February, it always took me at least 1.5 h in the morning to get to the office somewhere in the center (Tverskaya or Smolenskaya) using public transport - and with years traffic is getting worse and worse - they have built new big shops (Azbuka Vkusa, Hoff, VW and some other car selling centers) right after the MKAD and further, so in the evening there is one HUGE probka in that area.
So, do not go for Khimki!!

WhiteLight
08-04-2012, 15:42
Tvadim133, your data are somewhat dated, I'm afraid. Thanks for the idea with the room. The incessant civil war within the two-room apartment is getting harder on me day after day

Benedikt
08-04-2012, 18:32
[QUOTE=WhiteLight;980900]1) Thanks for the comment, Benedikt. Why Krasnogorsk? Some more details, please.

it is close to the MKAD and if you HAVE to drive it might help. (even if the traffic jams are legendary).
K. is a -new- place.Lots of new Apartment buildings going up. And with that maybe also work opportunities?no problem with shopping, Tvoi Dom, Leroi merlin, Auchan, Krokus City and whatever are close by.
Schooling and the like i don't know ( no more kids that have to go to school).

tvadim133
09-04-2012, 11:01
Krasnogorsk is quite good if we speak about new blocks (new building there).

Metro Myakinino is not far!

One of my GFs (it sounds funny, she is my friend and she is a woman, so how can I call her? :) ) bought a flat there.

The problem is that the flat is not ready for living at all and you are to make everything inside from the very beginning (well windows are ready at last and walls). :)

So you can buy smth there (again for 2.5 - 3 ml due to new one room flats there are larger than average in Moscow) + around 1000 K rub for renovation (600 K rub for workers, 400 K (may be less) for materials.

when we first entered the flat we were more than upset in realizing, how many things to be done there and how much it could cost. :)

mrzuzzo
09-04-2012, 12:27
I'd look around the Mitino area as there is a metro station there and prices aren't very high.

Jack17
10-04-2012, 02:55
Move to L.A....
After the divorce, good idea; before the divorce, he wouldn't have enough money left to rent a garage in either LA or Moskva.

WhiteLight
18-04-2012, 14:32
As the discussion draws to an end, I'd like to share some links that some of you may find useful:
checking passport validity (http://http://services.fms.gov.ru/info-service.htm?sid=2000)

and

http://realty.dmir.ru/msk-mo/forum/142056/ (a good forum)