PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Need for advise

Claires
06-04-2012, 16:34
Hello everybody!

Can you please help me with the following.. I have some friends- very proffessional english speaking drivers. what do you think, is it actual for arriving expats - to "rent a driver with a car" instead of working with taxies? I know that many tourists worry about their transportation in Moscow. Maybe we will help to arrange transportation on the high level (I worked as a transportation coordinator for almost 4 years). I looked through google analitics but didn't find many requests. Is that means that people don't need that service?

Please share with your opinion!

Thank you very much in advance,
Claire

PeterM
06-04-2012, 17:06
Hello everybody!
I looked through google analitics but didn't find many requests. Is that means that people don't need that service?
Please share with your opinion!
Claire

I have been here only for the very short time but it seems to me that many companies no matter big or small have a dedicated office driver, something which is very strange to me. Apart from just sitting most of the time at the reception area flirting with the girls there, the guy's job is to bring our quests from/to airport or hotel. Is my company alone or is it the normal practice I don't know...

BabyFirefly
06-04-2012, 17:19
I think many big companies already have something like that, but honestly, with Moscow traffic, I'd rather the metro. At least I can calculate exactly when will I arrive. When you use a car here a 20 minute trip might unexpectedly take 3 hours.