PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to Kazakhstan

Jayinmoscow
02-10-2007, 19:17
Travelling to Kazakhstan

I plan to visit a friend in Almaty. What is the easiest way to get a Visa and how do i get there? Anybody has some experience? Any comments would be highly appreciated...

Thanks
Jay

Danara
03-10-2007, 19:26
Hi, I am actually from Almaty.
I don't know how to get visa to KZ. I can just recommend with airlines. There are two aircompany goes to Almaty - Air Astana (from Sheremet'evo) (Air Astana - Home page (http://www.airastana.com)) and Aeroflot (from Domodedovo). In my point of view Air astana provides better services than Aeroflot and it's a bit cheaper. The flight will take about 4,5 hours. Airport is quite nice in Almaty, new one, there are a lot of private taxi drivers around the place, but it's better to ask your freind for booking taxi beforehand. It's a beautiful city with mountains. A lot of nice places to go. Have fun! :smokin:

Andy B
04-10-2007, 00:26
Transaero also fly from Domodedovo. I took Astana last time and was quite impressed (remember they fly from Terminal C at SVO, not T2!).

Jay, I'll have to dig out the details of which company we used for visa invites. It was a very straight forward and easy process (easier than Russian visa). If I can't find the details, I'll need to ask my secretary.

You may need to remind me if I haven't replied after a day or so!

Cheers,

Andy

Shaun
04-10-2007, 00:37
Hi
Aeroflot dont fly there.
If you have EU or American passport, you dont need an invite. You just write on the form that you want to see the dostoprimechatelnosti goroda almaty and that's enough. they are reasonably friendly but you need to get there before 11 to get served before they shut at 12. embassy by chisty prudy.

Jayinmoscow
04-10-2007, 18:45
Thanks to all so far for your comments. I actually like Transaero flights more, they seem to be cheaper and go from my preferred Domodedovo airport! :-)

Andy, would be grateful if you could dig out the name of the agency that got helped you with the visa. Thanks a lot in advance...

Cheers
Jay

cyprusjeff
29-12-2007, 19:30
Thanks to all so far for your comments. I actually like Transaero flights more, they seem to be cheaper and go from my preferred Domodedovo airport! :-)

Andy, would be grateful if you could dig out the name of the agency that got helped you with the visa. Thanks a lot in advance...

Cheers
Jay

I live in Essentuki, Stavropol Region so it is very inconvenient for me to visit the Kazakhstan Embassy in Moscow, I need to find an Agent who will do the job for me.

I am English and have Permanent Residency status.

Anyone know of a good, reliable agency?

I tried Infinity Travel but they would ONLY do the visa for me IF I booked an hotel in Kazakhstan through them.

Regards,

Jeff Gordon