PDA

View Full Version : Eye opening

CBarder
02-10-2007, 15:18
What did I expect? I was warned by a Russian pupil. Well not enough, evidently. Shocked at the aggressibveness, rudeness, disobliging nature of motorists (so-called), apartment renters, corruption of traffic police, extortion, lying and discovery the official figures are one in four households are under domestic violence problems (true fig. therefore a likely 50%). Putin using a nationalist card to try and create unity by militant outbursts against others - all in character. Cruelty to animals and to one another. A tourist place, niet. Only money and gracious living apart from relaity inuslates against this kind of sad and sordid reality. Hotel Sovietsky for example - a delight.

Ghostly Presence
02-10-2007, 16:00
What did I expect? I was warned by a Russian pupil. Well not enough, evidently. Shocked at the aggressibveness, rudeness, disobliging nature of motorists (so-called), apartment renters, corruption of traffic police, extortion, lying and discovery the official figures are one in four households are under domestic violence problems (true fig. therefore a likely 50%). Putin using a nationalist card to try and create unity by militant outbursts against others - all in character. Cruelty to animals and to one another. A tourist place, niet. Only money and gracious living apart from relaity inuslates against this kind of sad and sordid reality. Hotel Sovietsky for example - a delight.

Another "delicate flower" is ready to go home?

Clean32
02-10-2007, 16:21

Must be time to move to the suberbs

FANTA
12-10-2007, 21:24
Just a city of contrasts.... Nothing else

12-10-2007, 23:52
Poor poor poor little girl :snoring:

Len Ganley Stance
15-10-2007, 11:10

I didn't realise there was a Hotel Sovietsky in Swindon.

ezik
15-10-2007, 19:47

Erhm... so did you like it here?

Sinestro
15-10-2007, 19:56

I thought you were describing Moscow as a whole.

Anyway, did you expext anything different from a hotel named "Soviet?"