PDA

View Full Version : Paintball meeting No.2 21st October 2007

Pobman
01-10-2007, 20:54
For the Second International Tri-Weekly Paintball Event (have to have a grand title!) we are going to try and play in the Luzhniki fields. These are both larger than the previous field we played in, with better buildings and structure as well as being more central so it should not be a huge distance for anybody to travel. They are a short walk from the metro, no bus required at this field. Parking is free, you tell the guard you are going to paintball and before you leave the club you get a parking pass.

Details at their website:

. . . - (http://www.paintball-luja.ru/)

However this site does require a deposit to play of 300R, they also bookup fast so I need to get the reservation in preferably by the end of this week (Friday 5th) and at the very latest the start of next week.

I will be looking at two dates, just in case 1 books up, primarily Sunday 21st of October, with a backup date of Saturday 20th October. If you want to come but can only make one of those dates please mention that.

Once we have a rough idea on numbers and whom is coming we will work out a method to cover the deposit. If you want to play I urge you to confirm as just turning up on the day can result in dissapointment if other groups have prebooked the equipment.

Prices are about the same as out previous game, depending on how many balls get used. For those that did not come we played for 4-5 hours and I believe the cost was about 1500 roubles per person, even if we have bought 2 more boxes of paint for another 2 hours of play (ie 6-7 hours) it would still have only just broken 2000 roubles a person.

Any questions please ask.

Shrek I can collect you from the same Metro as last time if you so wish.

ezik
01-10-2007, 21:17
For the Second International Tri-Weekly Paintball Event (have to have a grand title!) we are going to try and play in the Luzhniki fields. These are both larger than the previous field we played in, with better buildings and structure as well as being more central so it should not be a huge distance for anybody to travel. They are a short walk from the metro, no bus required at this field. Parking is free, you tell the guard you are going to paintball and before you leave the club you get a parking pass.

Details at their website:

. . . - (http://www.paintball-luja.ru/)

However this site does require a deposit to play of 300R, they also bookup fast so I need to get the reservation in preferably by the end of this week (Friday 5th) and at the very latest the start of next week.

I will be looking at two dates, just in case 1 books up, primarily Sunday 21st of October, with a backup date of Saturday 20th October. If you want to come but can only make one of those dates please mention that.

Once we have a rough idea on numbers and whom is coming we will work out a method to cover the deposit. If you want to play I urge you to confirm as just turning up on the day can result in dissapointment if other groups have prebooked the equipment.

Prices are about the same as out previous game, depending on how many balls get used. For those that did not come we played for 4-5 hours and I believe the cost was about 1500 roubles per person, even if we have bought 2 more boxes of paint for another 2 hours of play (ie 6-7 hours) it would still have only just broken 2000 roubles a person.

Any questions please ask.

Shrek I can collect you from the same Metro as last time if you so wish.

Although Pobman suggested to amputate my leg yesterday, I am fully supporting him on this one.

Expat.ru is (it's official) providing Beer & Pizza support!!!

Clean32
01-10-2007, 21:21
Chuck in some OJ, and make sure 2 of the pizzas are hawian, and im in. can i bring my own Gun ??

iwantenglish
01-10-2007, 21:30
It's kind of pointless me posting in here and telling you i'm gonna be there. If an event is planned, me being there is a given.

Clean32, what gun have you got? Pobman and I cart usually cart along our own equipment.

Pobman
01-10-2007, 21:42
Chuck in some OJ, and make sure 2 of the pizzas are hawian, and im in. can i bring my own Gun ??

If its a paintball gun yes, but no real life AK47,74, M16's etc. :)

We will have a chrono with us to check the gun is operating less than 300fps for the safety of all, that goes for anybody who brings their own equipment.

Clean32
It's kind of pointless me posting in here and telling you i'm gonna be there. If an event is planned, me being there is a given.

Clean32, what gun have you got? Pobman and I cart usually cart along our own equipment.

LOL the gun bit was a joke, from othere posts, i doint realy think thay would be sutable for paintball, a bit to permanint

Pobman

Should I confirm too???? :D

Pobman
01-10-2007, 21:44
Although Pobman suggested to amputate my leg yesterday, I am fully supporting him on this one.

and i was only half joking...

Clean32
01-10-2007, 21:46

sure 1 leg out of 2 thats a 1/2 in my book

ezik
01-10-2007, 22:36
sure 1 leg out of 2 thats a 1/2 in my book

If you'd only go through what I'm going through now... :D

ezik
01-10-2007, 22:37

yeah, right :D
Getting pretty close to it. So I should have stuck to your suggestion of giving me beers!!!

ezik
01-10-2007, 22:40
LOL the gun bit was a joke, from othere posts, i doint realy think thay would be sutable for paintball, a bit to permanint

So leave the guns in Yaroslavl and join us peaceful people for some innocent shooting! :D

Oh, if you crash at my place the night before, you might be heading there with a serious hangover...

Margo
01-10-2007, 22:52
Ezik! Ensure Clean's hangover and we'll put him to the opposite team.
As for me - on 20th of October Saturday I drive my car to the service. Although it is arranged on half past 11 I can't plan anything on the same day.
Will try to make my visits to gym more often :)

Pobman
01-10-2007, 23:02
Ezik! Ensure Clean's hangover and we'll put him to the opposite team.
As for me - on 20th of October Saturday I drive my car to the service. Although it is arranged on half past 11 I can't plan anything on the same day.
Will try to make my visits to gym more often :)

Well our main aim is for the sunday so that should fit in OK, no excuses :)

Clean32
01-10-2007, 23:10
So leave the guns in Yaroslavl and join us peaceful people for some innocent shooting! :D

Oh, if you crash at my place the night before, you might be heading there with a serious hangover...

UUMMM ok i think, i may come down with family, minime is 14 months now, so ok to get about now, if so ill check out these serviced appartments.

Lean on Bels to reorganise his weekend so he can come !!!

ezik
02-10-2007, 00:32
UUMMM ok i think, i may come down with family, minime is 14 months now, so ok to get about now, if so ill check out these serviced appartments.

Lean on Bels to reorganise his weekend so he can come !!!

Right. Let me know the maximum amount of persons and I will let you know if this fits into our 2-room place. Have a wife and kid and (big) dog who fill up the place, too, so be ready for the camping beds. Otherwise (if my missus agrees) you are very welcome. We are very much in the centre, though.

ezik
02-10-2007, 00:35

That's just because that gun of yours puts the lights out on any living creature! Even without the Apex, that machine is sniper stuff!

Oh, and thanks for me having for one round :D

shrek
02-10-2007, 01:31
Count me, for shure!!

By the way.. It will be a long waiting! I spent the night lookin on the internet for paintball videos....

:)

Pobman
02-10-2007, 07:45
Count me, for shure!!

By the way.. It will be a long waiting! I spent the night lookin on the internet for paintball videos....

Plenty on YouTube.. check out the Gatling gun

YouTube- Gatlin paintball

Nobody is allowed to play with one of those! (unless its me of course)

Keep the confirmations coming!

mckarla
02-10-2007, 11:39
Count me, for shure!!

I spend day looking for a good paintball field in Los Angeles to play when i'll back from Moscow... i can't wait fo 21st. After showing my brusies and telling highlights from sunday's game, my boss and my assistant want to join us.

Pobman
02-10-2007, 12:00
OK I have a little news. We called the field and they are open for booking BUT they are not 100% sure they will be operating on the 21st! They are doing some renovations, we will know only on the 10th regarding their status.

On the plus side I have confirmations from 17 people already, from this site I have confirmations from:
Ezik, Shrek, McKarla, Clean32, Margo (and of course Matt)

If I missed you let me know. I think given the fact this will end up a large group they will probably open no matter what.

We will put a preliminary booking down this afternoon 2nd October based on whom has agreed so far, we will add to this next week as more people join. We were aiming for a maximum of 24, but we might push this up a bit if demand comes in. Otherwise we will have to start booking up for the following game! :)

McKarla you will have to let me know the confirmations on your friends.

Pobman
02-10-2007, 14:04
OK I have a booking reserved for 10 people, and we have first refusal on more people. On the 10th October they will call to say for sure the field will be open, and that point we must confirm the rest of the people who will be going. Thanks to all who got their hands up fast and allowed us to start this process nice and early.

shrek
02-10-2007, 20:55
I spend day looking for a good paintball field in Los Angeles to play when i'll back from Moscow... i can't wait fo 21st. After showing my brusies and telling highlights from sunday's game, my boss and my assistant want to join us.

hehehe.. after looking some serious paint ball videos on the internet I'd like to start playing a bit more seriously. If we find enough people really interested we could try to meet once every two week.

Pobman
02-10-2007, 21:29
hehehe.. after looking some serious paint ball videos on the internet I'd like to start playing a bit more seriously. If we find enough people really interested we could try to meet once every two week.

I know a few people whom will agree with you on that one... but wait for -20C and snow and then perhaps every 3 weeks will seem OK :D

actually I am very much looking forward to a game in the snow!

Korotky Gennady
02-10-2007, 21:50

:clown: Clean, you forget it again ! Your Gun is always with you... lol

Korotky Gennady
02-10-2007, 21:54
I

Clean32, what gun have you got?

LOLOL

iwantenglish
03-10-2007, 09:39
That's just because that gun of yours puts the lights out on any living creature! Even without the Apex, that machine is sniper stuff!

Oh, and thanks for me having for one round :D

No worries mate. It's certainly proven its ability in past games. Just ask Rob about the bruises on his head several games ago. :bash: :D

Pobman
03-10-2007, 09:51
No worries mate. It's certainly proven its ability in past games. Just ask Rob about the bruises on his head several games ago. :bash: :D

You definitely have the range competition won over me (though with my Apex on I am not so sure now, that thing is really strange!)... but I think I have got the maneuverability contest sorted :)

Pobman
04-10-2007, 09:00
Just to clear one thing up, we ourselves make no financial gain from these games, all payments are made direct to the clubs involved with whom we have no affiliation.

Korotky Gennady
04-10-2007, 17:14
Guys, so if it will be in the Luhzniki... the next game... please take me in acount too. Is it on 21th octobrer... right ?

:ak: :ak:

:fireworks:

And now i have started my personal training for this game... Yesterday i was jogging during the whole ten minutes ! in the our park already.

Pobman
04-10-2007, 21:09
Guys, so if it will be in the Luhzniki... the next game... please take me in acount too. Is it on 21th octobrer... right ?

I will have to ask for either a 300R deposit OR that one of the players whom came last time covers for you in case of a no show on the day.

I will know on the 10th for sure that this field is open and then its up to you.

So far I have put 3000 roubles down to cover the initial reservation, but I cant (read will not) personally cover everybodies deposit.

Korotky Gennady
07-10-2007, 03:18
I will have to ask for either a 300R deposit OR that one of the players whom came last time covers for you in case of a no show on the day.

I will know on the 10th for sure that this field is open and then its up to you.

So far I have put 3000 roubles down to cover the initial reservation, but I cant (read will not) personally cover everybodies deposit.

Excuse me... Why you said it about 10th... ? The 10th is wednesday ? ... :confused:

The 21th is sunday as it seems.

Pobman there is no problems... How can i give you deposit ? 300 rubles is not so much sum though...

Pobman
07-10-2007, 14:10
Excuse me... Why you said it about 10th... ? The 10th is wednesday ? ... :confused:

The 21th is sunday as it seems.

Pobman there is no problems... How can i give you deposit ? 300 rubles is not so much sum though...

Confirmation Luzhniki field will be open is on the 10th
Game is on the 21st

Deposit of 300 roubles is not much, but I already put 3000 of my own money to cover people I know, I am not going to put down 7200 to cover everybody especially for those I dont know. We dont get the 300r back if you dont turn up so it would be me out of pocket.

Korotky Gennady
09-10-2007, 00:18
Confirmation Luzhniki field will be open is on the 10th
Game is on the 21st

Deposit of 300 roubles is not much, but I already put 3000 of my own money to cover people I know, I am not going to put down 7200 to cover everybody especially for those I dont know. We dont get the 300r back if you dont turn up so it would be me out of pocket.

I'm sorry... And so ?

ezik
09-10-2007, 00:46
So it means that we'll have to figure out something with the deposits, and pretty quickly as well.

I don't want Pobman to dig into his own purse, as he's already a hero for putting so much effort into this.

For those unknown to Pobman or me, I'm willing to cover on behalf of Expat.ru. But I do expect those committing to turn up. And in that case, the pizzas, beer and other drinks will be there.

I will ask Pobman for a list of those who confirmed to him on this site.

Clean32
09-10-2007, 01:55
im in and im good for it, eather way

Pobman
09-10-2007, 09:01
Thanks Ezik!

OK guys and girls our list is pretty full now, all of those who said they would come are included:

Ezik Shrek McKarla Kiwi Margo Frank Korotky Clean32
In total we have 26 people signed up, out of a maximum of 24 :) (maths was never my greatest skill!). If anymore people wish to come it will have to be 'dead mans shoes' (please dont actually kill any of our players!)

By the end of tomorrow I will have confirmation on the field, if it is closed that weekend we have to decide either to play elsewhere, or go the following weekend. However we will cross that bridge only if it needs to be crossed.

Thanks all!

Pobman
09-10-2007, 09:02
BTW IF I have missed you out and you already confirmed let me know and we will fit you in.

Pobman
10-10-2007, 12:38
Field is confirmed and deposit is covered for everybody whom promised to come, woe betide the level of red points those who don't turn up will get! :)

Game starts at 1pm, best be there by 12:30, I should be there 12:15 and again will be easy to recognize in distinctive gold trimmed paintball trousers.

I have never gone there by metro so do not know the walk, but perhaps others do. If you are going by metro it may be worth arranging to go in a group.

For those driving a car you just tell the guards at the entrance to Luzhnikiy that you are going to paintball and they let you in free, best entrance is the one on the west, nearest Kievskaya etc..

My car is full of players already so no more lifts from me, I don't know if anybody else has space?

If anybody new wishes to be added to the waiting list please PM me. Otherwise join in quicker for the next game!

iwantenglish
10-10-2007, 16:24
Hmm, Luzhniki. Looks like gonna need the ghillie then. :P :P

Pobman
10-10-2007, 16:32
Hmm, Luzhniki. Looks like gonna need the ghillie then. :P :P

Thats fine as we will have thermal imaging on our side... :)

Korotky Gennady
10-10-2007, 16:35
Game starts at 1pm, best be there by 12:30, I should be there 12:15 and again will be easy to recognize in distinctive gold trimmed paintball trousers.

I have never gone there by metro so do not know the walk, but perhaps others do. If you are going by metro it may be worth arranging to go in a group.

!

By the way Luzhniki has a huge territory... What place exactly in Luzhniki will we meet ?

Pobman
10-10-2007, 16:37
By the way Luzhniki has a huge teritory... What place exactly in Luzhniki will we meet ?

We meet at the club as per the link in the first post, however their website is not working at this exact moment. If it is not back up in the next days I will post a map myself.

Korotky Gennady
10-10-2007, 16:38
And when will we start to drink beer... before or after all this ? ;)

iwantenglish
10-10-2007, 16:41
I have the map for Luzhniki.

http://delxaunique.com/paintball/schema_luja.jpg

Pobman
10-10-2007, 16:42
And when will we start to drink beer... before or after all this ? ;)

You can start any time, however if you are deemed intoxicated you don't play anymore....and the definition of that is down to organizers and referee only.

Paintball can be quite dangerous in you are not sensible.

I will post the rules of play before the game.

iwantenglish
10-10-2007, 16:58
If you're on my team and you're too drunk to play, I'll shoot you myself.

We give great emphasis to safety at our events because if people are needlessly hurt, they won't show up our future games. We want everyone to have a good time and laugh about their bruises afterwards.

I'm sure everyone will rise to the challenge of playing responsibly. Beer O'clock is after the battle's over and the war is won.

Korotky Gennady
10-10-2007, 17:04
You can start any time, however if you are deemed intoxicated

:devil: : " Beer doesn't toxicate... man... beer inspires. All warriors drunk something of this kind before a battle. "

I'm kidding of course.

ezik
10-10-2007, 17:58

We give great emphasis to safety at our events because if people are needlessly hurt, they won't show up our future games. We want everyone to have a good time and laugh about their bruises afterwards.

I'm sure everyone will rise to the challenge of playing responsibly. Beer O'clock is after the battle's over and the war is won.

...moreover, the beer will be locked in my trunk untill that time, as I'm buying.:evilgrin:

Clean32
10-10-2007, 18:00
...moreover, the beer will be locked in my trunk untill that time, as I'm buying.:evilgrin:

so that meens what ??? i have to bring a crowbar ??

Pobman
10-10-2007, 18:37
so that meens what ??? i have to bring a crowbar ??

I will shoot it open... though actually Ezik i have seen you car and I know we can just pick it up and carry it off! :)

Hope you washed the roof by now!

Pobman
10-10-2007, 18:38

Form an orderly line....

ezik
10-10-2007, 21:00
I will shoot it open... though actually Ezik i have seen you car and I know we can just pick it up and carry it off! :)

Hope you washed the roof by now!

You can carry it but not open it. The only way in is through the unwashed roof with doves' poo on it. :D

Pobman
10-10-2007, 22:16
You can carry it but not open it. The only way in is through the unwashed roof with doves' poo on it. :D

Actually the acid in the poo should have burnt through the roof by now, allowing us all easy access to the beer... :)

Clean32
10-10-2007, 22:19
Actually the acid in the poo should have burnt through the roof by now, allowing us all easy access to the beer... :)

doint tell me he drives an oca ??

ezik
10-10-2007, 22:27

no, it's not that small. Barely.

Pobman
10-10-2007, 22:34

If it was a Oka we could just pull the boot open :D the Oka is one classic 'car'

However dont forget who is bringing the beers! Best be nice! :)

Clean32
10-10-2007, 22:34
bugger i know where there is a turbo kit and a AWD setup for an oca

Clean32
10-10-2007, 22:36
If it was a Oka we could just pull the boot open :D the Oka is one classic 'car'

However dont forget who is bringing the beers! Best be nice! :)

Lada = Fiat. OKA = sabaru

Pobman
10-10-2007, 22:43
Lada = Fiat. OKA = sabaru

I believe Ezik has got his welding gun out and is converting his car in to a paint tank....

iwantenglish
10-10-2007, 23:14
Wonder what reaction you would get from the GAI rolling down Tverskaya in that..... I think you'd get the bez KY treatment.....

Pobman
11-10-2007, 12:09
The organizers and referee decisions are final

Failure to obey the rules will result in your exclusion from the rest of that days play and any future events, no refund will be given by the field owners

Intoxicated people are not permitted to play

All guns are to be kept to a firing velocity of below 300fps at all times, a chronograph will be available to check this

When not on the field your gun must be kept in safe mode, this will be demonstrated to you.
When on the field you must keep your mask on at all times, under NO circumstances can you remove or lift your mask. If you have a problem with your mask declare yourself OUT and leave the game before fixing the problem. If you are unable to leave the field call for the referee to stop the game.
A player is out of the game if he is hit by a marking pellet (paintball) and it breaks on him leaving a mark at least the size of a 5 rouble coin, shots to the gun do not count however ANY body part does. It doesn't matter whether the player is shot by a opposing player or a teammate (friendly fire for the Americans). When a player is marked she/he is to immediately call themselves "OUT or DEADMAN". She/he must then hold their gun over their head, continue to call out "OUT or DEADMAN" and leave the playing field by the shortest and safest route.
A player is not considered out of the game if she/he is struck by a marking pellet (paintball) and it does not break. A player is not considered out of the game if she/he is struck by a splatter from a marking pellet (paintball). Splatter is considered to be the spray or fragments from a marking pellet that has broken on an object such as a tree, bush or rock etc., close to the player.
If a player calls herself/himself "OUT or DEADMAN", because they think that they have been hit by a marking pellet (paintball), she/he is immediately out of the game and must leave the playing field by the shortest and safest route. Even if the player discovers that they were not hit, after they make the call their out, they must leave the playing field at once.
If two or more players mark each other simultaneously, all must be eliminated.
If there is question as to whether a player has been marked, call for a "Paint Check" from the referee or your teammates. Do not continue to fire until you have a confirmed clean status.
"Dead Man Silent" rules apply when a player gets hit and walks out of the field. During this walk s/he is not allowed to speak to any of the players.
It is forbidden to shoot from a distance under 4 meters. The paint leaves the barrel with an average speed of 80-100 m/sec., and this may lead to injuries. If the distance between two rival players is under 4 meters, either both players increase the distance or attempt to call each other out.
You can call a player out if you reach the barrier they are hiding behind, this gives the OUT advantage to players whom attack rather than defend.
An eliminated player cannot shoot while walking out of the field, nor is she/he to be shot at.

Korotky Gennady
11-10-2007, 20:11

LOL good if it were only doves...

Pobman
14-10-2007, 12:31
A couple of people have had to pull out, for very valid reasons, so PM me if you are new and want to come, or if you already booked and want to bring a friend.

shrek
15-10-2007, 02:01
I've been really busy on my job, so I disappear for sometime but I want to confirm my presence.

Pobman
15-10-2007, 07:49
I've been really busy on my job, so I disappear for sometime but I want to confirm my presence.

You were always confirmed, even if you did not want to come! :)

shrek
15-10-2007, 13:38
You were always confirmed, even if you did not want to come! :)

eheheh..
But you don't know my address, how would you get me if..!!
I know, you'll set your marker to 600 fps and you'll look for me with the feeder loaded with "pain balls" instead of the paint ones..

:jester:

iwantenglish
16-10-2007, 21:46
eheheh..
But you don't know my address, how would you get me if..!!
I know, you'll set your marker to 600 fps and you'll look for me with the feeder loaded with "pain balls" instead of the paint ones..

:jester:

600 fps..... I think we could shoot you from the field if you were hiding at home. :) :)

Bought a marker yet?? :D

Clean32
16-10-2007, 22:01
any one got a map of where we are going, preferably from the ring road

iwantenglish
16-10-2007, 22:31
I posted a map before that shows the location, close to the 3rd Ring road. If you could find your way from MKAD to 3rd Ring then you could navigate from there. You're coming from Yaroslavl?

Clean32
16-10-2007, 22:41
I posted a map before that shows the location, close to the 3rd Ring road. If you could find your way from MKAD to 3rd Ring then you could navigate from there. You're coming from Yaroslavl?

yeppa from yaro, i have tryed to open your link all i get is a daed end??

iwantenglish
16-10-2007, 22:53

http://delxaunique.com/paintball/schema_luja.jpg

That link should work. Its a direct link to the file on my server. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you....

Pobman
17-10-2007, 11:31

its at the top of this page, post 45...

http://www.expat.ru/forum/expat-cafe/40258-paintball-meeting-no-2-21st-october-2007-a-2.html#post296684

shrek
19-10-2007, 19:43
Bought a marker yet?? :D

no, I want to see that we're able to organize some regular meetings before wasting money in a marker..
But sunday I'll buy a new mask, I can't use that scratched stuff they give you..

shoot you soon!!

:ak:

iwantenglish
19-10-2007, 22:59
no, I want to see that we're able to organize some regular meetings before wasting money in a marker..
But sunday I'll buy a new mask, I can't use that scratched stuff they give you..

shoot you soon!!

Dude, I bought my marker first, and then organized the meetings after that. :sunny: After the first few meets, we never saw the same people return again. We've managed a fair few events this year now and we getting the same people coming time and time again. Next year we're planning to increase the frequency of meets yet again.

As for the mask, I'd buy it on Saturday. I Don't know how many places are actually open on Sunday. Have a look on AD Paintball (http://www.ad-paintball.ru/ru/catalog/)

BTW you'll have a bit more firepower to contend with on Sunday if you aren't on my team... :nut:

iwantenglish
19-10-2007, 23:01
And a marker is never a waste of money... :P

ezik
20-10-2007, 01:11
My knee is not 100% yet. But it got a hellovalot better.

Last night, someone was halfway to entering my apartment through the window. Instead of retaining the bastard, in the heat of the moment I slammed his head hard, which left him bleeding but still running. He was up too high for my dog to give him a good bite, though she tried. An unsettled score.

I'm full of adrenaline now. I want bullets. I want to shoot. Someone.

Pobman
20-10-2007, 11:45

shoot you soon!!

You need a VForce mask, I have the Profiler but there is a new version of the same mask out now (in the new one you can change the sweat pads out). It offers about 30 degrees more vision than almost any other mask. It is harder to get hold of in Moscow, and the lenses are much harder to get here, but its certainly worth it :)

Pobman
20-10-2007, 11:46
And a marker is never a waste of money... :P

Give this man a gold star! :)

Pobman
20-10-2007, 11:59
Next year we're planning to increase the frequency of meets yet again.

Whats all this next year stuff! We have at least 3-4 games left this year first! :)

[-]A little advance warning but the game after this weekend is being planned for Sunday 11th November. Yes thats Armistice day, perhaps not the most appropriate day for a battle but if anybody wishes to stop shooting and call a ceasefire could they please not be on my team! :) [/-]

Change of plans.
For various reasons, mainly several key players working that day, the next game I will be organising will be 18th November.

I am going to be out of the country until the 11th so I would like to get the initial booking sorted out this weekend, for that we will need 10 rock solid confirmations for the [-]11th[/-] 18th. I will of course be starting a new thread for new people on Monday, but if you lot can have a think and let me know your plans this Sunday in person it would be a great help!

Shoot you all at 1pm on Sunday 21st October.

BTW weather looks like it should be a little better than today, but still likely to be some rain and 8-11C. November game should be a little snowier :)

iwantenglish
20-10-2007, 14:46
My knee is not 100% yet. But it got a hellovalot better.

Last night, someone was halfway to entering my apartment through the window. Instead of retaining the bastard, in the heat of the moment I slammed his head hard, which left him bleeding but still running. He was up too high for my dog to give him a good bite, though she tried. An unsettled score.

I'm full of adrenaline now. I want bullets. I want to shoot. Someone.

You need my new toy, Ezik... :) His head would be hurting quite substantially. And you'd know him if you ever saw him again.... :)

Pobman
20-10-2007, 16:33
Ezik we are doing our best to have Iwantenglish certifed... :) until then all people should be warned he is now a very well armed mad man on the field :)

fab81
20-10-2007, 23:53
Dude, I bought my marker first, and then organized the meetings after that. :sunny: After the first few meets, we never saw the same people return again. We've managed a fair few events this year now and we getting the same people coming time and time again. Next year we're planning to increase the frequency of meets yet again.

As for the mask, I'd buy it on Saturday. I Don't know how many places are actually open on Sunday. Have a look on AD Paintball (http://www.ad-paintball.ru/ru/catalog/)

BTW you'll have a bit more firepower to contend with on Sunday if you aren't on my team... :nut:

I think its a good idea to buy a mask ! I will try to do that before coming tomorrow.

Pobman
21-10-2007, 01:38
I think its a good idea to buy a mask ! I will try to do that before coming tomorrow.

The field we are playing at do own a shop too, but I dont know how much stuff they have on site for sale....

Pobman
21-10-2007, 18:45
Well done all those who showed up! It was the biggest group of the year, and perhaps the worst quality paint! I think its going to take me hours to get this stuff our of the gun!

We will get the photos up ASAP and a new thread for the new game will be started on Monday.

Congrat to Den and Olga for winning the best player awards! Next time they are on there own team and its everybody else Vs them! :) well perhaps not...

BTW I could do with the pizza now! :D will have to sort something different out for next time as the pizza thing just does not work well... and I think people needed water more than beer! I myself am just about dead... thank god we have hot water today!!!

iwantenglish
21-10-2007, 19:38
YES YOU GUYS!!!!!! YES!!! What a top day. I feel sorry for those who couldn't make it for genuine reasons and I commend those that turned up to play. Everyone played extremely well and even though the non-scarves notched just up a few more wins, I think the pink/purple scarved players also played very, very well. Den, you were freakin unstoppable. I think I can still taste that paint. You're on my team next time. :P

Big thank-you's to all those who showed up and made this day one of the most successful we've had. Good job all.

Those who pulled an unexplained no-show.... You'll be on a special team next time.. <-------Insert evil laugh here----------->

ezik
21-10-2007, 21:23
Well done all those who showed up! It was the biggest group of the year, and perhaps the worst quality paint! I think its going to take me hours to get this stuff our of the gun!

We will get the photos up ASAP and a new thread for the new game will be started on Monday.

Congrat to Den and Olga for winning the best player awards! Next time they are on there own team and its everybody else Vs them! :) well perhaps not...

BTW I could do with the pizza now! :D will have to sort something different out for next time as the pizza thing just does not work well... and I think people needed water more than beer! I myself am just about dead... thank god we have hot water today!!!

All, I think this was a very nice event. Thanks to team captains Pobman and Igor (does he have a nick here?).

Now, indeed, the pizzas thing went wrong. This is just not a place to do catering. Bring 'em early and they will get cold, and after the event most (though not all) people are nackered and just want to take a bath back home. I guess I should have got out and find the closest Domino's 3 games from the end, so we all could have a bite on the premises. I didn't (was too taken up by not being damaged and shooting people), so my sincere apologies.

Now, as DJ Biscuit doesn't have to pay for free dinners this time around, I figure he owes us.

So let's get things straight and just sign up for dinner at Hemingway's afterwards on 18th. It's close anyway.

Olga and Den were stars. Den was just gung-ho, no other description possible. Olga was more the underdog: quiet, moving in silence and able to survive to the end.

All of those who joined today: thanks!!! It was a great afternoon and I think the game was thoroughly kick-ass.

Pobman
21-10-2007, 22:09
Den, you were freakin unstoppable. I think I can still taste that paint. You're on my team next time. :P

Big thank-you's to all those who showed up and made this day one of the most successful we've had. Good job all.

Those who pulled an unexplained no-show.... You'll be on a special team next time.. <-------Insert evil laugh here----------->

I am afraid Den is my Batman :) (Russian speakers please look that one up as I am not talking about the caped crusader!)

As for those who did not turn up, well you can come next time but you have to play the first game in your birthday suit.... :) ouch!

Thanks for the bruises Igor, top quality close range shooting! :D

Thanks to those people who covered me in paint despite my already being out! :D

However biggest thanks to my own team members who shot me in the back during that one game! :) :) :)

Now I need some rest!

Pobman
21-10-2007, 22:17
All, I think this was a very nice event. Thanks to team captains Pobman and Igor (does he have a nick here?).

Now, indeed, the pizzas thing went wrong. This is just not a place to do catering. Bring 'em early and they will get cold, and after the event most (though not all) people are nackered and just want to take a bath back home. I guess I should have got out and find the closest Domino's 3 games from the end, so we all could have a bite on the premises. I didn't (was too taken up by not being damaged and shooting people), so my sincere apologies.

Now, as DJ Biscuit doesn't have to pay for free dinners this time around, I figure he owes us.

So let's get things straight and just sign up for dinner at Hemingway's afterwards on 18th. It's close anyway.

Olga and Den were stars. Den was just gung-ho, no other description possible. Olga was more the underdog: quiet, moving in silence and able to survive to the end.

All of those who joined today: thanks!!! It was a great afternoon and I think the game was thoroughly kick-ass.

I would have to pass on eating after the game, i really just need to get home and get clean! Perhaps we just arrange a different evening for those who want to come along and grab a beer etc, like the weekend/friday after the game or something?

Leaving the game to get food is a no no, and really did anybody look like they wanted food and beer at the end of that game? I think not!

Only downside today was the paint, it gave me real problems (and I know if gave others big issues) ... in all games so far this year we have not had 1 single paint break, and yet today we must have 50 through the teams. Yes its colder, but we have played in temps close to that before.

Next time I am coming with a J&J Ceramic Barrel just in case!

See u all next time, or before if something it arranged. I will get the new thread going in the morning.

Korotky Gennady
21-10-2007, 22:36
Olga and Den were stars. Den was just gung-ho, no other description possible.

Yes. Den was great... He costs three other men. ;)

ezik
21-10-2007, 23:14
Perhaps we just arrange a different evening for those who want to come along and grab a beer etc, like the weekend/friday after the game or something?

This sounds like a good idea. And I will try to get this arranged before the next event.

Pobman
22-10-2007, 09:03
Photos will be online in a few hours in the usual place:

IWE | Paintball Gallery (http://www.delxaunique.com/gallery/paintball/)

But for now:

Clean32
22-10-2007, 10:25
Photos will be online in a few hours in the usual place:

IWE | Paintball Gallery (http://www.delxaunique.com/gallery/paintball/)

But for now:

Oi you red headed pom, we are waiting da dada

iwantenglish
22-10-2007, 13:27
The photos from the game on the 21st are up. Once again, many thanks to all those who came along and made the game enjoyable. :applause:

ezik
23-10-2007, 23:58
The photos from the game on the 21st are up. Once again, many thanks to all those who came along and made the game enjoyable. :applause:

Iwantenglish, I think it was great. You and Pobman are the big fanatics behind this. Cheers for you guys! :hooray:

Clean32
24-10-2007, 00:01
Iwantenglish, I think it was great. You and Pobman are the big fanatics behind this. Cheers for you guys! :hooray:

same same