PDA

View Full Version : Looking for English practice

dissimilis
30-09-2007, 23:28
Hi!)
I'm looking for English practice
Can speak English not very fast)
I've been for 4 month in the USA 3 years ago...

It would be great to visite a sport event together!

Have fun!

AndreyS
30-09-2007, 23:36
Quite a problem They are not willing...

Clean32
30-09-2007, 23:39
Quite a problem They are not willing...

Better of joining in with the paint ball, or atleast get a few posts up first, ie join in, show that you are a normal person.

i meen if you were in a forren countie and some one who you didnt knw said to you i want talk in russian you come with me?

although there is nothing wrong with asking try to think about it from the expats side

Margo
01-10-2007, 00:15
I've been thinking about it myself but was shy to ask. So thank you Clean to introduce the subject. How do you expat-guys fill when you see introductions like this "I'm here to improve my english". Is it abusive?
On the other hand - there is a moderate demand of russian conversational practice also which I don't feel like being abusive.

Clean32
01-10-2007, 02:00
Well itís a bit different for me in Yaro, I would love to expand my circle of friends up here. Most people are to shy
But then look at the introductions 2 out of 3 are hi I want to improve my English. And for the girls who write. I want to make new friends I like sports and TRAVEL. LOL it sounds like HI i want and English husband who is rich so I never have to work and take me all over the world etc.
Iím not saying thatís what it is but thatís what it looks like.

Then thereís the security bit, whatís not to say this guy is not a skin head or worse??

No its no abusive not at all just to common and to risky.

Now I am thinking about it thereís a couple of expat guys that Russian girls wouldnít want to meat lol.

No just join in, I think if you have a look at the paintball game of Sunday not all there were expats, and apart from 2 of them none had ever seen each other before.

The othere thing is if there is an event or something happening that you know about post it, you will be surprised at how many expats may be interested.

1 last thing, Expat Teach English, its how they make money so sometimes it can look like you are asking for free education??
The other thing is many expats actually have to work quite hard, and its is a lot harder to get around Moscow than it is for a Russian.

I could go on but
Just join in, go to hemmies with a girl friend have a look, or read the posts about who is going there ask to meat up introduce etc

I've been thinking about it myself but was shy to ask. So thank you Clean to introduce the subject. How do you expat-guys fill when you see introductions like this "I'm here to improve my english". Is it abusive?
On the other hand - there is a moderate demand of russian conversational practice also which I don't feel like being abusive.

NB you wrote Expat-guys, and not just expats? maybe you would be better to make friends with expat girls, get to understand that thay think very difrent.

Margo
01-10-2007, 23:44
NB you wrote Expat-guys, and not just expats?

Sorry may be I mistakenly thought that if I say "guys" it doesn't put limitation to only males, but just people of both sex :).

Clean32
01-10-2007, 23:52
Sorry may be I mistakenly thought that if I say "guys" it doesn't put limitation to only males, but just people of both sex :).

It may pay to be clear on that and not use " GUYS" not all expats will read it that way.

Anothere point is, and this is for the russian girls, i have seen every couple of months some guy joins up saying hes an american, or english, but of italian or some othere decent. first thing thay do is start chatting up the russian girls. but there register usaly gives them away as not being american or english at all. i hate to think what there real intentions are??

Serega
13-10-2007, 02:51
Hi
I want to meet some native English speakers. I have been living in Moscow for 7 years. I am married and have a son.
I am looking forward to your replay.

Good bye

Clean32
13-10-2007, 10:26
Hi
I want to meet some native English speakers. I have been living in Moscow for 7 years. I am married and have a son.
I am looking forward to your replay.

Good bye

ok i take it you didnt read the preceding posts