PDA

View Full Version : 21 year old Brit moving to Moscow

Raph37
01-03-2012, 17:28
Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Moscow in late April/early May, would love to meet up with any English speaking students who want a beer or to practice Russian, play football or whatever. I don't want to be a lonely drinker for the first 6 months...

Raph

Rexy
01-03-2012, 22:11
Hi, Ralf!

I can't play football, but I can drink =)

My students are of your age. Perhaps you would like to talk to them.

IGIT
01-03-2012, 23:13
You are welcome to play football.
Are you interested?

absartori
01-03-2012, 23:17
Hey man,

I'm from Princeton University, USA and I'll be in Moscow starting in late May for the summer. Will definitely take you up on the offer for a beer or football since I don't know too many people around the city. Just a side question, what are you doing for housing? I'm currently having some difficulties sorting out my living situation and looking for any ideas...

Andrew

Raph37
02-03-2012, 18:43
Hi guys,

thanks so much for the replies! Yep I'm definitely up for football so maybe we could organise a game? I saw some guys play every sunday indoors so I'll definitely go along to that. Andrew - would be great to have a beer sometime, drop me a PM and we'll exchange contact details. We can also chat about the residency thing.

Raph

Babygirl
03-03-2012, 11:32
Hey there!

I don*t wanna be drinking,

I wanna play football instead.

Darya Alexandrovna
04-03-2012, 23:31
I prefer dancing to playing football. :gorgeous:
But I love watching football:soccer:
So if you boys will get together to play, please call me in as a supporting party.
I will put on my best dress, promise ;)
I am a passionate supporter! :11629::plane::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::celebrate::redcard::applause:

bgarrido
10-03-2012, 17:07
There's plenty of expat bars in Moscow where you can find like minded people as yourself. Check out redtape's forums too.

Sewad
13-03-2012, 01:20
Yeah write me for a football match ! I miss it so much :) I used to play with my friends (I was the only girl) but it was so fun :) :thumbsup:

SADIE Cupcakes
13-03-2012, 04:09
Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Moscow in late April/early May, would love to meet up with any English speaking students who want a beer or to practice Russian, play football or whatever. I don't want to be a lonely drinker for the first 6 months...

Raph

I'm moving there in May, too! I'd be happy to have a drink with you, :11581:but there's no way I could keep up with a Brit.

SADIE Cupcakes
13-03-2012, 04:11
I prefer dancing to playing football. :gorgeous:
But I love watching football:soccer:
So if you boys will get together to play, please call me in as a supporting party.
I will put on my best dress, promise ;)
I am a passionate supporter! :11629::plane::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::celebrate::redcard::applause:

Ok, Darya, let's go dancing!:trampoline:

Max77
13-03-2012, 12:01
Yeah write me for a football match ! I miss it so much :) I used to play with my friends (I was the only girl) but it was so fun :) :thumbsup:

That would be interesting to see.

Raph37
13-03-2012, 20:23
Sadie, where abouts are you from?

Don't worry I'm not a heavy drinker... Looking forward to meeting some new people when I move,

R

FatAndy
13-03-2012, 20:34
Don't worry I'm not a heavy drinker... <...>
R

I'm sure, Russia will correct this... ;)

England2Russia
15-03-2012, 00:42
Hello,

I'm moving on the 17th and would like to meet a couple english people and have a few beers, moved to russia to be close to my girlfriend while she's studying and i don't speak russian so no doubt will start to feel lonely at some point... (downnnner) I will be living in pushkino and would like a drinking buddie or football buddie... I'm a city fan and 23

peppermintpaddy
15-03-2012, 03:04
Hello,

I'm moving on the 17th and would like to meet a couple english people and have a few beers, moved to russia to be close to my girlfriend while she's studying and i don't speak russian so no doubt will start to feel lonely at some point... (downnnner) I will be living in pushkino and would like a drinking buddie or football buddie... I'm a city fan and 23

Which city s that then?Bristol?Leicester?Cardiff........Chelmsford maybe?:10475:

England2Russia
15-03-2012, 03:31
Which city s that then?Bristol?Leicester?Cardiff........Chelmsford maybe?:10475:

HAHA we all know there's only 1 city now-a-days! Blue side of Manchester of course.

Judge
15-03-2012, 10:09
Let's hope City don't bottle it now..

peppermintpaddy
15-03-2012, 15:28
HAHA we all know there's only 1 city now-a-days! Blue side of Manchester of course.
There's only ever been one United tho....

Let's hope City don't bottle it now..

Significant bottling last Sunday @Swansea...Chelsea @ home next wednesday it's squeaky bum time for sure.......don't worry,you have Carlos coming back...no worries there then....

Raph37
15-03-2012, 17:50
Hi England2Russia,

I'd be up for a beer when you get here, as I'm in largely the same situation, won't really know anyone. I'm an Arsenal fan, but I'm sure we can settle any disagreement via mutual hatred of the red side of Manchester....

Drop me a PM and we can arrange something when I get to Moscow,

Raph

Raph37
15-03-2012, 17:51
Hah! All this chat about the title has been going on in the last minute. Have to say Fergie's got the experience on this one....

Raph37
15-03-2012, 17:53
Also Peppermintpaddy you're perfectly welcome to join. I'd like to get a group of football watchers together before the Euros, irrespective of allegiances...

Raph

peppermintpaddy
15-03-2012, 18:09
Also Peppermintpaddy you're perfectly welcome to join. I'd like to get a group of football watchers together before the Euros, irrespective of allegiances...

Raph

thanx for the invite,but i'll be in Mcr until June,maybe I'll catch up with you ABU's then-hahahaha

Raph37
15-03-2012, 18:15
ABU?

R

Raph37
15-03-2012, 18:16
Ah I googled it. Think I'm fairly happy being an ABU....

England2Russia
15-03-2012, 18:30

Significant bottling last Sunday @Swansea...Chelsea @ home next wednesday it's squeaky bum time for sure.......don't worry,you have Carlos coming back...no worries there then....

Because I've been a life long city fan I know that's not us bottling it. City could have the same players/manger as man united and still lose simply because we are Man City. We don't need reason to fail our fans we just do it.

In regards to Carlos I don't think there's a city fan that would actually want him to come back. We're still new money and we still have time. I'm just happy we're finally giving utd something to moan about ''oh it's not fair'' ''oh the money'' ''oh the wages'' utds last year wage bill was 4 million short of ours and the quality we brought in was incredible. People forget we paid like 6 million for kompany who's now one of the best premier league defenders. Not that it matters I'm a fan of football and have been to see utd play a fair few times just because they have some incredible players i just hate uniteds fans mindsets they think they got everything for free.

Judge
16-03-2012, 20:37

It will be sweet if Carlos grabs the winner vs UTD..
Mancini says the title will be decided when City meets UTD, the way they are playing now, Utd might even be able to afford to drop points in that game..

Judge
16-03-2012, 20:47
Because I've been a life long city fan I know that's not us bottling it. City could have the same players/manger as man united and still lose simply because we are Man City. We don't need reason to fail our fans we just do it.

That's the City of old, now it's the City with a team that costs close to a BILLION $$$$$

In regards to Carlos I don't think there's a city fan that would actually want him to come back. We're still new money and we still have time. I'm just happy we're finally giving utd something to moan about ''oh it's not fair'' ''oh the money'' ''oh the wages'' utds last year wage bill was 4 million short of ours and the quality we brought in was incredible. People forget we paid like 6 million for kompany who's now one of the best premier league defenders. Not that it matters I'm a fan of football and have been to see utd play a fair few times just because they have some incredible players i just hate uniteds fans mindsets they think they got everything for free.
You're right, Utd have spent millions down the years, broken nearly all transfer and wage records...Not to worry, soon Utd's grip on the Prem League will be over, once that red faced whiskey drinking Scot leaves..
You'll get on well with Nobbynumbnuts,he's Utd's biggest cheerleader on this site...:D

peppermintpaddy
16-03-2012, 21:36
That's the City of old, now it's the City with a team that costs close to a BILLION $$$$$

And only 1FA cup to show for it!

You're right, Utd have spent millions down the years, broken nearly all transfer and wage records...Not to worry, soon Utd's grip on the Prem League will be over, once that red faced whiskey drinking Scot leaves..
You'll get on well with Nobbynumbnuts,he's Utd's biggest cheerleader on this site...:D

Yes ,but United did it with EARNED income...nobody gave it to us on a silver platter...without the unearned arabs' money,city would probably be in the 2nd division,certainly no higher than Everton in the League...7 years ago they were in the 3rd division!

If City don't win it this year-they'll never win it,next year we'll be much stronger,as will Arsenal....

Judge
16-03-2012, 22:10
Yes ,but United did it with EARNED income...nobody gave it to us on a silver platter...without the unearned arabs' money,city would probably be in the 2nd division,certainly no higher than Everton in the League...7 years ago they were in the 3rd division!

If City don't win it this year-they'll never win it,next year we'll be much stronger,as will Arsenal....

Not many teams could afford to spend millions on Ferdinand,Nistelrooy,Veron, Stam and Rooney all were massive signings..Before Roman turned up, no team could match Utd's spending power.

If City don't win this year and struggle next year then Mancini will be out of a job..

paddym
17-03-2012, 20:22
Hey guys, I have been here for a few months, always looking to meet some new people. would be up for a few beers when ye get here

SADIE Cupcakes
18-03-2012, 09:54
Hello,

The more, the merrier! :1306:

adarshp
18-03-2012, 13:57
Hi England2Russia,

I'd be up for a beer when you get here, as I'm in largely the same situation, won't really know anyone. I'm an Arsenal fan, but I'm sure we can settle any disagreement via mutual hatred of the red side of Manchester....

Drop me a PM and we can arrange something when I get to Moscow,

Raph

Hey, I am a big arsenal fan too. Haven't found anyone with the same allegiance on this site yet. Nice to know you exist here. Cheers!

England2Russia
18-03-2012, 23:08
Not many teams could afford to spend millions on Ferdinand,Nistelrooy,Veron, Stam and Rooney all were massive signings..Before Roman turned up, no team could match Utd's spending power.

If City don't win this year and struggle next year then Mancini will be out of a job..

I dont quite understand what utds chairman was thinkng about trying to get Fair wage spebding introduced either. He's kinda shot himself in the foot. In regards to that 'earned income' It's because you sell your product, I remember mr Gill saying he wanted to turn every fan into a customer that's why all your fans live outside of Manchester... Now you're in a hellll of a lot of debt :)

peppermintpaddy
19-03-2012, 01:57
I dont quite understand what utds chairman was thinkng about trying to get Fair wage spebding introduced either. He's kinda shot himself in the foot. In regards to that 'earned income' It's because you sell your product, I remember mr Gill saying he wanted to turn every fan into a customer that's why all your fans live outside of Manchester... Now you're in a hellll of a lot of debt :)

We sell our product....?yes ,we do put more bums on seats than any club in the country,and have done every season since the war(with the exception of 1 season when L/pool did)....if youre from Manchester like I am(are you?) then you will know that the great majority of Mancs are United fans....of course its a fashionable urban myth to keep spreading around.Just don't believe it yourself.
Mr Platini is the one whos gonna bring in financial constraints,meaning clubs can only spend what they earn....when that happens the likes of Abramovitch and the Sheiks had better have a plan B....
Yes United's debts are terrible...the bloodsuckers in charge will maybe bankrupt us completely.....I'm just enjoying it while it lasts,same as yourself I suppose

SADIE Cupcakes
26-03-2012, 08:57
Sadie, where abouts are you from?

Don't worry I'm not a heavy drinker... Looking forward to meeting some new people when I move,

R

So....erm...how many pints is "not a heavy drinker"? 2? 20??

Raph37
26-03-2012, 13:43
hey Adarshp,

Where abouts are you from? Would be great to get a group together to watch games when I'm in Moscow.

Raph

adarshp
26-03-2012, 17:10
I am from Bombay. Currently working here. Would be great if we could watch games together..especially the Euro. That would be awesome!

Raph37
03-04-2012, 22:07
Sounds good, I'll contact you when I move,

Raph