PDA

View Full Version : dairy price up, 40 %..

Benedikt
27-09-2007, 18:17
from a newsitem on the radio..
milk and other dairy products are becoming more expensive over the next few weeks, prices have begun starting to rise on certain items,up to 40 %. that for sure can make you reach for the vodka bottle....
sad only it is the kids and elder people who are depenging on dairy products as a big part of their food intake.

Judge
27-09-2007, 19:46
There will be riots if Kefir goes up 40%:ak::ak::ak::ak:

Benedikt
29-09-2007, 21:33
hope you wear your bulletproof vest when cottage cheese hits the fan.....:thumbsup:

Rufus
11-10-2007, 17:33
Cooking oil also is in short supply.

RIKO
11-10-2007, 17:49
milk and other dairy products are becoming more expensive over the next few weeks, prices have begun starting to rise on certain items,up to 40 %. that for sure can make you reach for the vodka bottle....
sad only it is the kids and elder people who are depenging on dairy products as a big part of their food intake.

Yep, you're right. Milk prices to farmers have gone up by about 35% since August ... local prices are now some of the highest in the world ... there's a general shortage of good milk in Russia (and the world for that matter).

Sinestro
11-10-2007, 18:42

Can't the elderly just make a switch over to Vodka as their daily health drink?

More importantly, inflation is a serious problem in Russia. Inflation bites into the Russian pensioners' annuities. Hopefully, this price increase is contained to Moscow and the rest of Russia can continue to live in relative harmony.

Clean32
11-10-2007, 19:32
Yep, you're right. Milk prices to farmers have gone up by about 35% since August ... local prices are now some of the highest in the world ... there's a general shortage of good milk in Russia (and the world for that matter).

2 things, the russians have finished changing over from paying for volume to paying for solids ( in milk)
the Dairy farms who produced large quantitys of milk with low solids are closing up. the cost of changing cows and grass is to much.

and lastly the Kioto accord ( however you spell it) green house gass tax thingy. well do you know how much meathain gas a cow produces? and that in some countries farmers are now Taxed on that ?? = global less milk

Clean32
11-10-2007, 19:34

AHH the story of cooking oil in russia, the number 1 soviet import, and still could be today as well.

when the US was swaping missiles for hostages the russians were swaping AKs for cooking oil

Benedikt
13-10-2007, 14:56

More importantly, inflation is a serious problem in Russia. Inflation bites into the Russian pensioners' annuities. Hopefully, this price increase is contained to Moscow and the rest of Russia can continue to live in relative harmony.
and without being sarcastic or nasty, the better off pensioners live in Moscow..becuae the good mayor looks after them not to badly so he gets their votes. it is the poor people out in the provinces and towns who still have to pay the same high prices with pensions much lower than moscow.
(My mother in law lives in Saratov o na pension of 2500 Rubles A MONTH and i have aquaintances in Lipetsk, that's why i know...)

tukis25
13-10-2007, 15:09
you are very right, unfortunately. That's my mom's pension in siberia. that's all so sad. hopefully, my future is more "promising" in this country?

Korotky Gennady
13-10-2007, 19:56

:devil: : " Not be so sad. During soviet times russian people used to survive only by beer and vodka. A russian man was and is very patient... "

Korotky Gennady
13-10-2007, 20:03

:devil: : " Not be sad too... Don't forget that we, russuan, have our kind Mr Putin, our KGB's Robin Good... There will be increase of pensions since 1th december of 2007 year... Putin will add the whole 146 rubles ! to the pensions of our elderly. Really he is very kind man. "

Korotky Gennady
13-10-2007, 20:12
My mother in law lives in Saratov o na pension of 2500 Rubles A MONTH and i have aquaintances in Lipetsk, that's why i know...

:devil: : " But i am sure that your mom in law loves Mr. Putin out of mind though... becoz he is Father in Law for all us here... And my mom loves him too becoz he cares much about all us. "

Korotky Gennady
13-10-2007, 20:18
hopefully, my future is more "promising" in this country?

:devil: : " Of course your future will be brilliant happy boy. Go to work either to KGB or to the large business and all will be okey. Maybe you will buy Manchester United in the future. Oh this new brave world !... "

Robert
13-10-2007, 20:34
Gets on Hobby horse................
for the first time in many years farms worldwide will actually make some money, then they can afford to reinvest and try to produce more. Sadly the world is now reaping the reward of its fatuous cheap food policy of the last 5 decades. This covers not only russia but the nonsense of the CAP and americas farm subsidy policy. Unfortunately for consumers the politicians forgot when they decided that cheap food, ethanol and biodiesel were great bedfellows that climate change and population growth were continuing ensuring a rapidly reducing amount of food raw materials available because of drought. In 8 of the last 9 years the annual harvest has failed to replenish the amount consumed and world stocks of grain are now below 50 days and falling...................agflation is here to stay, had a small amount of it been allowed before there would be less of it today..................gets back off hobby horse!!!

Bels
13-10-2007, 21:22
Time for all of us to put up our prices or expect a payrise. And babooshkas to revolt for a higher pension. Here comes inflation big time.

Does not the goverment not give assistance to farmers like they do in Europe. I keep reading we have mountains of stuff and we don't know what to with it.

Inflation eventually means recession in my books.

Benedikt
16-10-2007, 12:20
from a clip on yesterdays evening news, bread is from 10 -15 rubles , same supplier, sme quality, milk from about 20 to 45 same quality..
premier was out in the oblast with tv in tow..
and promised harsh action for all who thought because the pensions went up now id the chance to hike prices. (VERY unpopular in and election year anyway) so watch the prices come down again...
also showed a poor babushka who bought, last year, some 40 kg of salt because of the 'shortage' at highly inflated price, and now it is back to 10 rubles a kgr, she will have the expensive salt for the rest of her life and suppose still enough for her kids and grand children.
it is sad that the old people have to pay for this. unfortunately they do still remember the times of 'defizit' and not trust the government enough to have the shelves filled with affordable products at all times..

Korotky Gennady
16-10-2007, 15:38
also showed a poor babushka who bought, last year, some 40 kg of salt because of the 'shortage' at highly inflated price, and now it is back to 10 rubles a kgr, she will have the expensive salt for the rest of her life and suppose still enough for her kids and grand children.

Poor, poor babushka... (((; Benedikt, you know, she is not guilty that she is so foolish... The guilty lie on the russian and soviet goverment which did her so poor and pity thing.

Benedikt
17-10-2007, 19:31
:devil: : " But i am sure that your mom in law loves Mr. Putin out of mind though... becoz he is Father in Law for all us here... And my mom loves him too becoz he cares much about all us. "

she says all of them are 'scoundrels' and when i try to argue about Putin she says (and maybe she is right) things are better in moscow because of Yuri Lushkov,despite all she takes a keen interest in politics.., but that has not filtered down out into the provinces.and definitely not into her building that was put up before the 2nd war and had since than never seen a touch of paint, repair or replacement of anything....