PDA

View Full Version : Jewish Conspiracy...

koshka
27-09-2007, 11:50
Maybe some of you history buffs can help me settle a dispute...

A Russian friend of mine claims that the history of persecution of Jews in Russia (pogroms, the Pale) is nothing compared to the terror they imposed on Russians (specifically Orthodox Russians) during and after the revolution.

My position was that yes, Jews made up a disproportionately high percentage of the revolutionaries (he says 95%, I say less), but that I don't believe it was a simple case of Jews versus Russians. That the aims of the revolution were multi-faceted. (And I always thought the revolution was against all religious practice.)

He claims that after 1917, while many Orthodox churches were destroyed, not one synogogue was touched. Can this possibly be true?? I can't find information to support or refute this claim on the internet.

Can you help me?

AndreyS
27-09-2007, 12:04
Maybe some of you history buffs can help me settle a dispute...

A Russian friend of mine claims that the history of persecution of Jews in Russia (pogroms, the Pale) is nothing compared to the terror they imposed on Russians (specifically Orthodox Russians) during and after the revolution.

My position was that yes, Jews made up a disproportionately high percentage of the revolutionaries (he says 95%, I say less), but that I don't believe it was a simple case of Jews versus Russians. That the aims of the revolution were multi-faceted. (And I always thought the revolution was against all religious practice.)

He claims that after 1917, while many Orthodox churches were destroyed, not one synogogue was touched. Can this possibly be true?? I can't find information to support or refute this claim on the internet.

Can you help me?

Hi, Koshka!

I completely agree with you. Your opinion is very reasonable.
Jews are just passionate, active people. No Jewish conspiracy against any other natl. They are active and tend to help each other, keeping together in power or at good jobs etc. Sometimes it can look as "conspiracy".

About the last paragraph. There is not much inf. about synogues destroyed.
But no doubt, and you must know, that there were several strong campaigns against Jews in Stalin's times.

(I am neither Jew nor their admirer, just trying to be objective).