PDA

View Full Version : idiots

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 15:02
I can understand people being poor, people being pissed off, people being drunk, whatever - but I can't understand how in the ****12% of the population can vote for that Kremlin lackey and businessman Zhirinovsky!

Even by the perverse standards of Russia that is idiocy on a scale I haven't seen before.

allice
08-12-2003, 15:08
Half of US citizens who participated in elections voted for GWB. That beats the 12% LDPR got.

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 15:14
yes, but today's topic is russian idiots.

allice
08-12-2003, 15:17
4,5(?)% voted against everyone

I am of those

it was either that or abstinence

Midas
08-12-2003, 15:27
Even by the perverse standards of Russia that is idiocy on a scale I haven't seen before. Why is it a surprise to you? Welcome to Russia, mate!

Умом Россию не понять....

Loki
08-12-2003, 15:32
Are we allowed use bad language in the Expat cafe now then.
There all the same anyway pretty much, a few of the parties will merge with United Russia so it'll have a two thirds majority in the Duma, this will allow Putin to change the constitution nop doubt one change being that he will be able to serve a third term in office.

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 15:32
yeah, yeah. part of me is thankful for the eternally unfathomable.
most of me thinks it is just ridiculous.

Kshisya
08-12-2003, 15:43
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
yes, but today's topic is russian idiots.

well if you recall how many Americans voted for Bush the pic would be much more scary :D

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 15:45
:rolleyes: what is this, the international stupidity championships?

Kshisya
08-12-2003, 15:47
:rolleyes: what is this, the international stupidity championships?

erm i wouldn't call it a competition hon ;) Americans are way too FAR ahead of silly us :D

Punch
08-12-2003, 15:49
Ned, it's simple. One may say that the majority of our people is trash. On the other hand you should understand that practically the whole population of Russia is extremely poor, uneducated and disappointed. Zhirinovsky speaks their language. His primitive populist slogans are exactly what they understand and like. Hence the results. You can say the same about Rodina and to a certain extent about Edinaya Rossiya. :mad:

moscowmail
08-12-2003, 15:51
No Loki, swearing is not allowed here ... Ned :mad: ;)

Just been busy today :)

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 16:00
I understand punchster, but everyone has watched him for 10 years and it's so bizarre to keep voting for him then. I'm not going to call anyone trash and probably if I lived in the far east with no heat and electricity and it was -40 I'd be pissed too. But I'm not sure what voting for that goose does. You can't protest through someone who's just a businessman and a Kremlin stooge.

Loki
08-12-2003, 16:02
Bugger

Fa-Q!
08-12-2003, 16:04
Zhirinovski? I ****ed him.

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 16:05
well, someone accused him of having the russian equivalent of neverland last night, so i don't doubt it fa-q;)

Fa-Q!
08-12-2003, 16:08
He wasn't too bad, either........

Punch
08-12-2003, 16:45
You can't protest through someone who's just a businessman and a Kremlin stooge.

That's what you know. But he positions himself as an ardent fighter for the interests of the Russian people and against oligarchs. And people there who are not that much interested in politics believe him.

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 16:53
I always pictured you as bardak's resident LDPR member punchster:p

Ned Kelly
08-12-2003, 17:42
not sure what it relates to but it made me laugh

Teutonic Deity
08-12-2003, 20:30
not sure what it relates to but it made me laugh
This is the cover of the new Stephen King novel...

QWERTYZ
09-12-2003, 10:22
:cool: :eek: :D
hehe. Zhirik is c00l
http://crass.on.ru/mp3/Ot_fonarya-Bush_mudak_(feat._V.Zhirinovskiy).mp3
http://rykov.ru/polittechno/mp3/Polittechno_Bagdadskiy_Volf_OUTSIDE.mp3

дж,дж,дж,джордж - *удак!

:cool: :cool: :p :p

earl
09-12-2003, 12:53
Originally posted by allice
Half of US citizens who participated in elections voted for GWB. That beats the 12% LDPR got.
In our defense, the alternative was Gore/Lieberman.

A bible thumping christian + oil magnate vs lying trash whose opinions are dicated by the polls + bible thumping jew.

Hell of a choice...

-earl-

Ned Kelly
09-12-2003, 15:16
yes, well put. that's how i remember viewing it from a distance: a whore v a moron

geofizz56
10-12-2003, 17:17
Did anyone else notice that Gore has now endorsed Dean, not his erstwhile running mate Lieberman? I dread the upcoming political season in the US. At least here, it doesn't last very long. In the US, it never ends.

geneven
10-12-2003, 23:31
Personally, I'm afraid that the Dems have found a way to lose the election, a difficult project considering that Bush has failed in practically everything he's tried to do and is making things worse on a daily basis.

earl
11-12-2003, 00:13
Originally posted by geneven
Personally, I'm afraid that the Dems have found a way to lose the election, a difficult project considering that Bush has failed in practically everything he's tried to do and is making things worse on a daily basis.

Bush has failed at very little. We invaded Iraq. The Medicare bill was passed. All three (I think 3, maybe only 2) tax cuts have been passed. He is on his way to bankrupting social security and medicare -- both certainly goals of Grover Norquist, and presumably Bushes goals as well.

While I don't like his policies much, he has been very successful.

And Dean is an idiot, so I'm hoping against hope that either Kerry or General Clark gets the nomination.

-earl-

geneven
11-12-2003, 06:06
I'm for Clark.

If I could borrow a million dollars, I would look pretty good, but eventually I would have to pay the money back. The US has borrowed a heck of a lot of money without any plan for paying it back. This is not what I would call a success.

The US is tied down militarily to an incredible extent. We are about to engage in a complicated troop rotation that is practically impossible, and very hazardous. We are trying to appease the Chinese as much as possible with regard to Taiwan because we could not cope with another military problem right now.

(In fact, come to think of it, this would be the ideal moment for the Chinese to invade Taiwan! That of course would mean that Bush's bungling actually caused a war.)

Bush is continuing to alienate the international community.

So, budgetwise, he's a failure. Militarywise, he's a failure. Diplomacywise, he's a failure.

If you want to get a really big laugh, go back and watch his first inaugural address and see how many of the things he promised came to pass.

I was perfectly willing to have Bush succeed, and I would have praised him for doing so. That is not what has happened. He has been a big disaster. Reagan would be better. Nixon would be better. His father would be better.

Ned Kelly
11-12-2003, 08:43
How would Nixon be better? He was a sociopath.

Time is also showing Reagan to be one of the greatest presidents of all time. I personally hated him in power but on reflection he turned out to be right far more often than wrong.

Waiting now Geneven for your lauding of America's worst post-war president bar Nixon, Kennedy.

earl
11-12-2003, 10:07
Originally posted by geneven
If I could borrow a million dollars, I would look pretty good, but eventually I would have to pay the money back. The US has borrowed a heck of a lot of money without any plan for paying it back. This is not what I would call a success.
Maybe. You would; whether a nation does is another matter. Now I agree that our debt is too high, but what you presented isn't even within shouting distance of being an economic reason either pro or con WRT the debt.

The US is tied down militarily to an incredible extent. We are about to engage in a complicated troop rotation that is practically impossible, and very hazardous. We are trying to appease the Chinese as much as possible with regard to Taiwan because we could not cope with another military problem right now.Um, iraq or no -- what exactly could either china or the US do if we got in a serious pissing match? Nukes is about it. I'm hoping that the leadership of both countries is a tad more rational. So we'll see China do what they've done for the last 20 years: huff and puff about Taiwan and not much else. In 50 years or so they'll either let it go or being democratized enough that Taiwan will rejoin the mainland. Basically, if China and the US went to war, I don't think either could win. And we would just let Iraq go to hell. You ought to be thinking far more seriously about North Korea than about China.

(In fact, come to think of it, this would be the ideal moment for the Chinese to invade Taiwan! That of course would mean that Bush's bungling actually caused a war.)Um, yah... that's reaching just a tad.

Bush is continuing to alienate the international community.True enough.

So, budgetwise, he's a failure. Militarywise, he's a failure. Diplomacywise, he's a failure. From your perspective, perhaps. Not from his -- he is accomplishing the goals that *he* set out to accomplish. He and his Republican cohorts are *intentionally* increasing the debt so that it can, in the future, grow to a crushing load and be used to force the termination of social security and medicare. Don't believe me? Read some interviews with Grover Norquist. Or with Rumsfeld. Or hell, listen to Paul Krugman. Or Delong. Or most economists with a PhD after their names...

If you want to get a really big laugh, go back and watch his first inaugural address and see how many of the things he promised came to pass.Blah blah blah... so what? You could say the same thing for Clinton, who I think, on the whole, was a good president. What were his two major initiatives? Education and health care. He struck out on both. In fact, Clinton was a very good president for economic policy, but only accidentally; socialized medicine would deal a crushing blow to our economy.

Presidents say all sorts of crap at speeches; they often have very little to do with what they actually want or think they can achieve.

I was perfectly willing to have Bush succeed, and I would have praised him for doing so. That is not what has happened. He has been a big disaster.Only from *your* perspective. From his perspective, he's doing pretty well. You'll also note that the Republicans have solidified (with a very small majority, thank god) control of the entire Legislature during his presidency, no? That's not exactly failing...

And if Dean gets the nomination, I'm going to give serious thought to voting for Bush instead. God help our environment.

-earl-

geneven
11-12-2003, 13:56
Nixon had much more sense about the niceties of international relations than Bush. He certainly would not have openly told our "hated enemies" France, Germany, Russia, and Canada, that we weren't going to even permit their businesses to apply directly to help reconstruct Iraq (for security reasons, we don't want those Canadians trying to sabotage us in Iraq! We know they can't be trusted, they are our neighbors and we want them to know that we don't trust them one bit!), and then the next day ask them to forgive Iraq's debt.

Kennedy didn't have much power for his first term. He had a sincere non-partisan streak, the kind Bush pretended to have before he started to put into effect his extreme right-wing agenda. Kennedy had a long-term good effect on the US as a symbol that still exists today. That's a lot of what politicians do. He found a way to keep missles out of Cuba without invading it, which is better than Bush would have done.

I suppose that China could just try to take back Taiwan now. We would use nukes to defend it?? I doubt that.

If you give Reagan credit for the collapse of the USSR, he was a great president, even though he added a trillion dollars to the national debt. By W standards, that's nothing. Of course, the collapse of the USSR was caused by the USSR.

Read the Economist on Bush's economic, diplomatic, and military performance. He has been hurting the US big time, on all fronts.
And his hurts are long-term, not easily undone by any future president from any political party.

I'm sure that the Economist will support Bush against Dean, but they won't have any real choice. I will support Dean if necessary, somehow...

Ned Kelly
11-12-2003, 15:53
I'm not defending Bush. But...

Kennedy blatantly lied during the 1960 election campaign about a "missile gap" with the USSR, which he knew did not exist. He provoked the Cuban crisis with his machismo that sent the world to the brink (and sponsored the hair-brained invasion of that country) and er, who started Vietnam and authorised the assassination of the south's leader? I'm waiting for your tedious explanation of how Kennedy would really have pulled the U.S. out after his re-election....

Kennedy was also high most of the time and used the mob to get elected (which is just as bad as using james baker:p )

I think Reagan was great because he saw Gorbachev as a decent person and engaged him accordingly. He was not bound to ideology on the issue like so many people.

I'm glad about Nixon's diplomatic niceties, especially he and Kissinger sabotaging the '68 peace talks to get Nixon elected, resulting in tens of thousands of people dying.

What an American liberal you are Geneven - a suckhole to the venal more like it.

fat_chick
18-12-2003, 14:41
I have just read all of it
kshisya or what ever it's name - try to say something and where the sound comes from - there's your head
go and search
for us

sfjohns67
18-12-2003, 14:49
Originally posted by fat_chick
I have just read all of it
kshisya or what ever it's name - try to say something and where the sound comes from - there's your head
go and search
for us

Piss off, newbie. K-girl is the local hottie and last authority on everything, and don't you forget it.

Try to say something in other than pidgin English, kine?

Now bring me some coconut rum and be quick about it, knob!

fat_chick
18-12-2003, 15:11
so stick your head into the place where her reall head is and try not to talk

sfjohns67
18-12-2003, 15:40
Look, Forrest Gump, go back to your tiki hut, study up on your English lessons, and leave us peace-loving haoles alone, kine?

cls
18-12-2003, 15:47
sfjohn67.....

How could you be so cruel?

Our poor friend from the jungle is trying to interface.

Lets be kind and help.....where's my hero......SKYGUY, lock and load, new target, moving slow, cannot see him in the dark unless he smiles.

Cloud cover low A2, non-visual, yours.

fat_chick
18-12-2003, 15:57
I can start speaking my native but belive me you wouldn't like it at all
you're on much stronger position right now
go home and rule cockroaches there brave dopey
yeah and take this sick looking ball
to be blue is not healthy guys.....not at all.....

cls
18-12-2003, 16:03
Is it just me, but I could not understand a damned word of that.

Can somebody please translate Jungle Jibberish for me.

Fare comment, I would be useless at your language. Having said that, if I was going to try and speak it, I WOULD LEARN HOW TO FIRST.

I presume that you have a dictionary with you because you must shut your eyes, and at random, pick a page, then a word to formulate your sentances.

sfjohns67
18-12-2003, 16:06
My darling Fat_Chick, I beg you with every ounce of the remaining 3 ounces of my dignity I can muster....please keep responding, and I promise I'll keep baiting you just as often and as viciously as necessary. You just keep posting those hilarious poems of yours.

I haven't laughed this hard since this morning, when I peed on my new shoes just to see if they were as waterproof as the saleslady who sold 'em to me said they were. The tickle of that trickle down through my socks just touched my funnybone in a way that went unduplicated until I read your melodious words here.

Thank you, I really thought laughter had died forever for me.

fat_chick
18-12-2003, 16:13
sorry blue pimple i don't have a dictionary that is why it goes spastic
set straight your tie and keep working, dull

sfjohns67
18-12-2003, 16:21
Fattie, fo find out who fo real kine, befo time you gotta use da English kine! Like da way peopo wen write down da firs time, you gotta work togedda wit some a da odders so to get da bestes way fo say stuff!

Me da kine?

Intourist
18-12-2003, 16:25
Vote for Intourist in the Most Intelligent polls section !

TTL
18-12-2003, 16:46
Originally posted by fat_chick
I can start speaking my native but belive me you wouldn't like it at all
you're on much stronger position right now
go home and rule cockroaches there brave dopey
yeah and take this sick looking ball
to be blue is not healthy guys.....not at all.....

I think we have a new contender for Mostest Dumm, although there is very fierce competition for said title.

Ned Kelly
18-12-2003, 17:15
Intourist, I voted for Sadie because she has a nicer second language turn of phrase, did not engage in shameless electioneering and is probably prettier!;)

Intourist
18-12-2003, 17:22
Нэд, А ты то не знаешь всё-таки как у меня с вторим языком ! Может у меня просто офигительно.

But I can't really argue on any of the other points. But Ned, this is not a beauty contest ! It's intelligence. Granted, she may have me in the swimsuit competition, but I got a mean medulla oblongata !

Ned Kelly
18-12-2003, 17:27
you come a strong second.

Intourist
18-12-2003, 17:32
Which when it comes to winning is as helpful as a screen door on a submarine.

Ned Kelly
18-12-2003, 17:36
the perils of democracy. you should have just declared yourself bardak's most intelligent person for life.

Anton S.
20-12-2003, 19:59
Arguing on the Net is like taking part in Special Olympics - you can win but you are still retarded.

Ned Kelly
21-12-2003, 15:42
not sure of the classification for someone who cuts and pastes someone else's originally witty post. dickhead?