PDA

View Full Version : I need to branch out...

manbitesdog
08-02-2012, 22:40
I've been away from the forum for ages but now I'm back! I've been in Moscow going on 2 years now and am about to sign a contract for another year. I need something new to do/new people to pal around with. Ideas? Straight up this is a "anyone wanna be friends?" post.

tvadim133
08-02-2012, 22:59
it seems to me that there are more old pals than new! Welcome back!

mrzuzzo
08-02-2012, 23:20
Welcome back!

Max77
13-02-2012, 18:08
I've been away from the forum for ages but now I'm back! I've been in Moscow going on 2 years now and am about to sign a contract for another year. I need something new to do/new people to pal around with. Ideas? Straight up this is a "anyone wanna be friends?" post.

Can you tell what are those things that you're tired of?
What new things would you be interested in?

This would help greatly!

bob
13-02-2012, 18:50
hi !

manbitesdog
13-02-2012, 21:09
Can you tell what are those things that you're tired of?
What new things would you be interested in?

This would help greatly!

I'm mostly bored with always just doing out to bars and whatnot. I'm up for anything really! I am open to any ideas.

TolkoRaz
13-02-2012, 23:52
I'm mostly bored with always just doing out to bars and whatnot. I'm up for anything really! I am open to any ideas.

Have you tried going somewhere else other than the Booze Pub? ;)

manbitesdog
14-02-2012, 08:12
Have you tried going somewhere else other than the Booze Pub? ;)

I've never been there so I suppose the answer is yes?

Max77
14-02-2012, 10:26

There are really a lot to do apart from “just going out to bars and whatnot”. There’re always activities out there. And there are great many people who have specific interests in common. You can participate in something really new to yourself or you could get back to something that you might have had as a hobby years ago (like playing certain sports or performing arts, etc. - somehting that you've done in youth). To look for someone to share it with, search through existing posts, visit social groups’ pages in “Community” section here or just start your own thread and see what it leads to. It has been noted that people here: hike, run, play volleyball, board games (chess too!), raise money and/or go to orphanages, meet for weekend branches, for curry meals, to swap books, to dance salsa, to speed date, to travel to see countryside and whatnot.
Please, stay positive and open to new ideas and another term of your stay in Russia is going to be more exciting.

Darya Alexandrovna
14-02-2012, 22:04
I am in for friendship =)
I can also invite you to a brunch type of meeting of Russian conversation club which happens every Saturday. The base of it consists of friends who through that have a traditional weekend meeting, and on the other hand every now and then we have new people coming in.
If you are a foreigner, its a big opportunity to practice your Russian, as zero to hero is welcome.
Are you interested? :)

manbitesdog
15-02-2012, 20:41
I am in for friendship =)
I can also invite you to a brunch type of meeting of Russian conversation club which happens every Saturday. The base of it consists of friends who through that have a traditional weekend meeting, and on the other hand every now and then we have new people coming in.
If you are a foreigner, its a big opportunity to practice your Russian, as zero to hero is welcome.
Are you interested? :)

Sounds interesting! I may drop by sometime, but I am taking care of my flatmate this weekend. She was recently mugged and has been feeling pretty awful. To Max, thank you for the advice! I have had a look before, and I've been to the book swap club before, but I have found some new ideas. I must venture out into the city!

Darya Alexandrovna
16-02-2012, 00:02
Sounds interesting! I may drop by sometime, but I am taking care of my flatmate this weekend. She was recently mugged and has been feeling pretty awful. To Max, thank you for the advice! I have had a look before, and I've been to the book swap club before, but I have found some new ideas. I must venture out into the city!

Ok! Feel free to join any day, we have a really welcome atmosphere:emote_popcorn:. All the best to your flatmate)) Book Swap Club is good as well:11629:, though happens once in a month only. We need to liven it a little- last couple of months it was very very calm and abandoned. We also used to have a night out for dancing or dining. For sometime it was also very less, may be cause of winer ;) Anyways, see you!:piano: