PDA

View Full Version : URGENTLY need an ADAPTER for my laptop

ChiaraMu
05-02-2012, 21:14
Hi, again!
I came to Moscow three days ago but I forgot to bring with me and adaptor for my laptop. It is an HP Compaq, 16" and I need a three-hole plug, while here in Russia they all are like the German plugs, so with two big holes. So anybody know where I can find this adapter? I've already tried at Ashan, Leroy Merlin and M.Video and they all said they don't have it...
I'm desperate because I can't use my laptop and always need to ask my kind flatmate to use hers...Such a messy situation!

Thank you!!!

DavidB
05-02-2012, 22:06
In the underpasses near metro stations, you will usually find a man who sells batteries and other various electronics. It's difficult to find an adaptor for Italian plugs, but he will be able to cut off the Italian plug and attach a Russian/German style one for you.

moscowmail
06-02-2012, 09:36
Savelovsky Market, you will find every type of adapter you need there

FatAndy
06-02-2012, 09:55
Hi Chiara,
If you'll be unable to find similar model at those markets, try to contact authorised service centers.
http://www8.hp.com/ru/ru/ad/pavilion-partners/index-service.html
Here are phones of their hotlines in Moscow and SPb and also regional service networks links for Presario/Pavilion and Probook/Elitebook lines - service centers must have them.

Benedikt
06-02-2012, 10:36
Hi, again!
I came to Moscow three days ago but I forgot to bring with me and adaptor for my laptop. It is an HP Compaq, 16" and I need a three-hole plug, while here in Russia they all are like the German plugs, so with two big holes. So anybody know where I can find this adapter? I've already tried at Ashan, Leroy Merlin and M.Video and they all said they don't have it...
I'm desperate because I can't use my laptop and always need to ask my kind flatmate to use hers...Such a messy situation!

Thank you!!!

MEDIAMARKT has it for sure.
mediamarkt moscow - Поиск в Google

here are also the addresses, check out which one is close to your place.
METRO,REAL and SATURN belong to the same group, so if one of THESE is around, you don't have to look further.:D

Hans.KK
06-02-2012, 12:54
I need a three-hole plugYour plug is like this (from Italy)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Ita_plug_16A_10A.jpg/150px-Ita_plug_16A_10A.jpg
Then I had never seen adapters for these in russia.
There is som old sovjet style adapters that can be used (there is a huge gab between the pins) but they are not safe to use.

while here in Russia they all are like the German plugs, so with two big holes. So anybody know where I can find this adapter?
Cut the wire and put a standard Schuko plug on.

ChiaraMu
06-02-2012, 19:04
Hi, everybody, thank you for your useful replies! But today I used a hidden resource...women's charm! So I leave close to a Holiday Inn hotel, which is an international hotel, and asked if they had one adaptor to give to me, of course paying, or doing whatever was necessary to do, but the kindest guy there just give it to me as a gift! I was sooo happy, this kind deed of his really made my day :D

rumple_stilskin
11-02-2012, 06:55
But today I used a hidden resource...women's charm! So I leave close to a Holiday Inn hotel, which is an international hotel, and asked if they had one adaptor to give to me, of course paying, or doing whatever was necessary to do, but the kindest guy there just give it to me as a gift!

but did he get your phone number for a date?

ChiaraMu
15-02-2012, 17:43
No, he didn't! It was just a kind action :D nothing in return!

tvadim133
15-02-2012, 23:46
No, he didn't! It was just a kind action :D nothing in return!

It is Russia!