PDA

View Full Version : Attn: very young guys and girls

Sunstorm
04-12-2003, 17:56
...I mean - colledge age....

because you might be the ones who will tell me what sort of entertainments would be appropriate for an American student, who is going to visit his parents in Moscow for a short vacation in the end of Dec?

Well, it could be interesting for him to see that legendary NightFlight, of course, but I don't think it's a good idea... he gotta be a "good boy" in those days.

jheisel
04-12-2003, 17:58
Does he drink? What sort of crowd is he in to? What are his interests? Has he been to Moscow? etc. etc.

Sunstorm
04-12-2003, 18:16
I wouldn't have asked for advice if I had all that info :) But I asked his folks to get me in touch with him - so he could tell me what are his interests....

Just tell me what would YOU like to do/see if you were a student-boy and have a very limited time in far-away Moscow, visiting parents?

Missionary
04-12-2003, 19:37
If he has never been to Moscow, then you can't go wrong with some historical sites.

polly
04-12-2003, 20:29
student-boy

ahahahahahahahah

legspreader
06-12-2003, 00:12
Originally posted by Sunstorm
...I mean - colledge age....

because you might be the ones who will tell me what sort of entertainments would be appropriate for an American student, who is going to visit his parents in Moscow for a short vacation in the end of Dec?

Well, it could be interesting for him to see that legendary NightFlight, of course, but I don't think it's a good idea... he gotta be a "good boy" in those days.

sure its fine to take him there just look after him if you dont have hook ups for elite clubs take him to propaganda karma papas ect show him a good time but the flight is always a trip. take him there for dinner his first night and not tell what it is....

Fa-Q!
06-12-2003, 17:44
Ok. A major part of my job is entertaining visiting clients/prospects from various foreign countries, which I've gotten quite good at, so I'll break from my normal smart-ass ways and try to offer some good advice. First, a newcomer to Moscow shoud see at least some of the following:
Vorobyovie Gory (one of the best views of Moscow panorama)
Old Arbat (touristy street with souveniers and plenty of cafes and bars including the new Hard Rock)
Manezhni Ploshad' (Alexandrovski Sad, Ohotny Ryad, Red Square)
Museums: Pushkinsky, Tretyakovsky, Space Museum on VDNH
Bars: Hard Rock Cafe, Papa Johns, Boar House
Also, to get a good feel of the city, you can walk from Ohotny Ryad up Tverskaya to Pushkinsky Ploshad or even further to Mayakovskaya Ploshad.
Get a copy of the Exile and have him pick some places from the What's happening section. There are concerts every night at 11:00 at the Bunker on Tverskaya.
Hope this helps.

Sunstorm
07-12-2003, 01:51
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
Ok. A major part of my job is entertaining visiting clients/prospects from various foreign countries, which I've gotten quite good at, so I'll break from my normal smart-ass ways and try to offer some good advice.

hehehe... thanks, Fa-Q! some of your suggestions make great sense! those like Vorobyevi Gori, Kremlin, Bunker...
but hey... will you show, like.. yolki palki to a russian teen who came to NYC or LA for coupla days?? why showing him HRC? it's not gonna be anything new and original

appreciate your response, though!