PDA

View Full Version : Obama State of the Union Address

vovik01
25-01-2012, 19:47
"Let's also remember that hundreds of thousands of talented, hardworking students in this country face another challenge: the fact that they aren't yet American citizens. Many were brought here as small children, are American through and through, yet they live every day with the threat of deportation. Others came more recently, to study business and science and engineering, but as soon as they get their degree, we send them home to invent new products and create new jobs somewhere else.

That doesn't make sense.

I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration. That's why my administration has put more boots on the border than ever before. That's why there are fewer illegal crossings than when I took office. The opponents of action are out of excuses. We should be working on comprehensive immigration reform right now. (Applause.)

But if election-year politics keeps Congress from acting on a comprehensive plan, let's at least agree to stop expelling responsible young people who want to staff our labs, start new businesses, defend this country. Send me a law that gives them the chance to earn their citizenship. I will sign it right away. (Applause.) "

mrzuzzo
26-01-2012, 01:07
It's all because Obama wasn't really born in the USA.

TolkoRaz
26-01-2012, 01:10

Bruce Springsteen was Born in the USA! ;)

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

vovik01
26-01-2012, 01:12
So?
I don't f... care! For me this is ONE planet!

Patriots
26-01-2012, 01:46
So?
I don't f... care! For me this is ONE planet!

You must hold an America passport.

If you didn't you would care.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 05:02
"Let's also remember that hundreds of thousands of talented, hardworking students in this country face another challenge: the fact that they aren't yet American citizens. Many were brought here as small children, are American through and through, yet they live every day with the threat of deportation. Others came more recently, to study business and science and engineering, but as soon as they get their degree, we send them home to invent new products and create new jobs somewhere else.

That doesn't make sense.

I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration. That's why my administration has put more boots on the border than ever before. That's why there are fewer illegal crossings than when I took office. The opponents of action are out of excuses. We should be working on comprehensive immigration reform right now. (Applause.)

But if election-year politics keeps Congress from acting on a comprehensive plan, let's at least agree to stop expelling responsible young people who want to staff our labs, start new businesses, defend this country. Send me a law that gives them the chance to earn their citizenship. I will sign it right away. (Applause.) "

Oh... Four years ago I believed that Obama is a progressive man. (((:

His father himself is a son of Africa.

But now he speaks like a reactionary yankey that put more 'boots' on the border of the territory they took illegally.

Swordfish90293
26-01-2012, 08:49
Oh... Four years ago I believed that Obama is a progressive man. (((:

His father himself is a son of Africa.

But now he speaks like a reactionary yankey that put more 'boots' on the border of the territory they took illegally.

The point is totally lost on you...

mrzuzzo
26-01-2012, 13:55
Obama is black.

Patriots
26-01-2012, 15:57
The point is totally lost on you...

I think you haven't got a clue either.

Patriots
26-01-2012, 15:58
Obama is black.

I can tell, you son are going places!

Patriots
26-01-2012, 16:06
Says the Russian... :rofl:

What is that suppose to mean? You got something against Russias or just them voicing an opinion?

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 20:01
Obama (himself, the son of the african man) : I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration. That's why my administration has put more boots on the border than ever before. That's why there are fewer illegal crossings than when I took office. The opponents of action are out of excuses.
"

Says the Russian... :rofl:

drtnsnw, seems you totally missed my point.

I see no moral justification for why people should be disadvantaged simply on account of where they were born.

The territory where one is 'lucky' born shouldn't longer be used as distinctions for discriminating against one.

You, yourself, be born in usa but you work as bartender in Moscow... why do you approve more 'boots' on the Mexican-American border ?

Why is one poor mexican forbidden to work as bartender in USA ?

Shame on Obama. We don't need the such "president".

Let it be Ron Paul better.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 20:10
For sure all yankies who support the american anti-immigration laws should be expelled from Moscow.

Let they work where they were born also.

vovik01
26-01-2012, 20:35
For sure all yankies who support the american anti-immigration laws should be expelled from Moscow.

Let they work where they were born also.
drtnsnw NOT "yankies " :-))) His from Florida:-)))

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 20:50
drtnsnw NOT "yankies " :-))) His from Florida:-)))

It doesn't matter. Now Florida is the part of the United States.

They occupied it in the 1830s.

vovik01
26-01-2012, 20:53
It doesn't matter. Now Florida is the part of the United States.

They occupied it in the 1830s.

Do you know what "yankies " means? :-)

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 20:57
Do you know what "yankies " means? :-) I do.

They are the americans from New England.... the federals.

vovik01
26-01-2012, 21:00
I do.

They are the americans from New England.... the federals.

Good! :-) So, f.ck all "yankies" ! :-)))

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:04
Good! :-) So, f.ck all "yankies" ! :-)))

I don't know... Maybe there good ones among them though.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:08
You really need to research it more. Obama is pro-immigration.

I don't need the research. I believe in my eyes.

Obama said : "
I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration. That's why my administration has put more boots on the border than ever before. That's why there are fewer illegal crossings than when I took office. The opponents of action are out of excuses. We should be working on comprehensive immigration reform right now. (Applause.) "

So he wanted to get more good brains for free. And he doesn't want to give job to the poor mexicans who lived the other side of the border.

Shame on him !

He is like Putin.

All the state bosses are the same.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:19
The key word is "illegal". Think about it. It will come to you.

The key word for me is "morality". We shouldn't obey any laws if they are immoral ones.

http://media.al.com/alphotos/photo/10089150-large.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/1/21/1295639715455/Activists-in-Arizona-prot-005.jpg

Obama (just like Vladimir Putin) speaks for the discrimination on the base where a man was born.

If you, americans, like so much everything legal, you should be the british colony up to now becoz you illegaly have got out from the british crown's rule.

Ponder over it a bit.

yakspeare
26-01-2012, 21:24
I don't need the research. I believe in my eyes.

Obama said : "

So he wanted to get more good brains for free. And he doesn't want to give job to the poor mexicans who lived the other side of the border.

Shame on him !

He is like Putin.

All the state bosses are the same.

how many chinese should be allowed into Russia?1 million? 10 million? 100 million?

"Hispanic and Latino Americans accounted for almost half (1.4 million) of the national population growth of 2.9 million between July 1, 2005, and July 1, 2006.[18] Immigrants and their U.S.-born descendants are expected to provide most of the U.S. population gains in the decades ahead.[19]
The Census Bureau projects a U.S. population of 439 million in 2050, which is a 46% increase from 2007 (301.3 million).[20] However, the United Nations projects a U.S. population of 402 million in 2050, an increase of 32% from 2007 (the UN projects a gain of 38% for the world at large).[21] In either case, such growth is unlike most European countries, especially Germany, Russia, and Greece, or Asian countries such as Japan or South Korea, whose populations are slowly declining, and whose fertility rates are below replacement."

"The total population of Hispanic and Latino Americans comprised 50.5 million or 16.3% of the national total in 2010."

"The report foresees the Hispanic or Latino population rising from 16% today to 30% by 2050, the African American percentage barely rising from 12.9% to 13.0%, and Asian Americans upping their 4.6% share to 7.8%. The U.S. has 310 million people as of October 2010, and is projected to reach 400 million by 2039 and 439 million in 2050.[20][47][48][49] It is further projected that 82% of the increase in population from 2005 to 2050 will be due to immigrants and their children.[50]
Of the nation's children in 2050, 62% are expected to be of a minority ethnicity, up from 44% today. Approximately 39% are projected to be Hispanic or Latino (up from 22% in 2008), and 38% are projected to be single-race, non-Hispanic Whites (down from 56% in 2008).[51]"

martpark
26-01-2012, 21:24
Please avoid personal insults.

It's 'Yankee', by the way, the same as the baseball team in the Bronx.

vovik01
26-01-2012, 21:40

Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :-)))

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:43
"The report foresees the Hispanic or Latino population rising from 16% today to 30% by 2050, the African American percentage barely rising from 12.9% to 13.0%, and Asian Americans upping their 4.6% share to 7.8%. The U.S. has 310 million people as of October 2010, and is projected to reach 400 million by 2039 and 439 million in 2050.[20][47][48][49] It is further projected that 82% of the increase in population from 2005 to 2050 will be due to immigrants and their children.[50]

Of the nation's children in 2050, 62% are expected to be of a minority ethnicity, up from 44% today. Approximately 39% are projected to be Hispanic or Latino (up from 22% in 2008), and 38% are projected to be single-race, non-Hispanic Whites (down from 56% in 2008).[51]"

What do you want to say with these numbers ?

vovik01
26-01-2012, 21:43
[QUOTE=yakspeare;949074]

"The total population of Hispanic and Latino Americans comprised 50.5 million or 16.3% of the national total in 2010."

In Orlando area I think 50% or more:-) It's not part of US, it's now part of Mexico :-)

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:45

The word "yankies' is used even by the russian tv-heads now.

I don't know that it's offensive.

Is 'gringo' an offensive term also ?

vovik01
26-01-2012, 21:50
What do you want to say with these numbers ?

Gena, this is a BIG problem ! I know ...some English, but now I need learn Spanish ! This people don't want learn English. Everywhere Spanish ,Spanish ,Spanish .....I feel I'm not in states, I feel like I'm in Honduras or Mexico.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:53
how many chinese should be allowed into Russia?1 million? 10 million? 100 million?

"
]"

Yak, do you read my first post in the thread. One can not be discriminated on the base of one's religion, gender, nationality, race, language.... therefore anyone can not be discriminated on the base where he (she) was born.

So the chinese people have the right to live where they want.

You... Mr. Yak... live now in Krasnodar... the place you choce... and the chinese people have this right also.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 21:56
Gena, this is a BIG problem ! I know ...some English, but now I need learn Spanish !

Of course you need if you live in the spanish speaking society.

Spanish language is very beautiful one. Learn it, you will not regret after.

Spanish is a terrific language.

You could read Garsia Lorka and Gabriel Garsia Markes...

yakspeare
26-01-2012, 22:01
Yak, do you read my first post in the thread. Anyman can be discriminated on the base where he (she) was born.

So the chinese people have the right where they want.

You... Mr. Yak... live now in Krasnodar... the place you choce... and the chinese people have this right also.

so 140 million russians and 200 million chinese in Russia is acceptable to you? makes you wonder why ivan grozny fought the tatars....i am sure China would be delighted with your proposal....

vovik01
26-01-2012, 22:05
Of course you need if you live in the spanish speaking society.

Spanish language is very beautiful one. Learn it, you will not regret after.

Spanish is a terrific language.

You could read Garsia Lorka and Gabriel Garsia Markes...

This is NOT "spanish speaking society" ! This is English speaking country!
If you live in Moscow in tadgik(usbek) neighborhood, you MUST learn tadjik language? Or tadjik people MUST speak russian in Moscow?

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 22:13
so 140 million russians and 200 million chinese in Russia is acceptable to you? makes you wonder why ivan grozny fought the tatars....i am sure China would be delighted with your proposal....

Of course it's acceptable to me becoz I will be only glad when the time will come when people will be free to live where they want. And they will no be divided into 'national" herds on the base of territory where they live.

Ivan Grozny was the terrible tyrant and he killed many many people. So he can not give us any right example of how we should treat people of other "nationality'.

I have no problem with chinese, tatars, tadjiks, americans, brits and so on.

Only racists have the problems of this kind. There are only good people and bad people. All the other things don't matter.

I'm friendly to the people of any nationality... :)))) So I wish to you.

Mr. Yak is not he fact that the chinese are worse than you. So if they (the russian authorities) allowed you to live in Krasnodar, they should allow the chinese live there too.

Maybe are you gonna forbid the chinese people to be on this forum also ? :)))

In the past centuries you, the westerns, treated some people bad becoz they were jewish.

Then you killed by hundreds thousands muslims in Palestine.

Then you abused the black people...

Now you segregate some becoz they are the chinese people or the spanish speakers... You are very strange.

yakspeare
26-01-2012, 22:30
i agree with your sentiment korotky but it isnt practical....the US already has high unemployment....how will it cope with 150 million more people in 40 years? schools, hospitals, traffic, housing, socil security...where will it come from? look at the deficit- it cant afford what it has, let alone more.

Korotky Gennady
26-01-2012, 22:41
i agree with your sentiment korotky but it isnt practical....the US already has high unemployment....how will it cope with 150 million more people in 40 years?

No problem. Those should get the job who work better. If you work better than the russian teacher, the teaching job should go to you.

The same goes with the americans and the spanish speaking immigrants.

If the mexican immigrant works more effectively than the lazy american, the job is for him ( for immigrant).... He (she) deserved to get it.

The should be fairness on the Earth. The best should get the job.

For example if our vovik01 works better than the many americans around... he... not they... should get the profitable place.

It's not a juridical but a moral question as you see.

So my approach is much more practical and reasonable than yours.

I'm sure than many USA businessmen praise and approve my ideas.

yakspeare
26-01-2012, 22:55
No problem. Those should get the job who work better. If you work better than the russian teacher, the teaching job should go to you.

The same goes with the americans and the spanish speaking immigrants.

If the mexican immigrant works more effectively than the lazy american, the job is for him ( for immigrant).... He (she) deserved to get it.

The should be fairness on the Earth. The best should get the job.

For example if our vovik01 works better than the many americans around... he... not they... should get the profitable place.

It's not a juridical but a moral question as you see.

So my approach is much more practical and reasonable than yours is.

I'm sure than many USA businessmen praise my ideas.

korotky the raving capitalist!!

martpark
26-01-2012, 23:11
Gena, you keep giving examples of people (Yak and Drtnsnw) who have visas approved by the Russian government, Chinese people can and do come to Russia if the government allows them a visa.

What Obama said, that you missed, was that all the people without papers who grew up in the US would be given legal rights, which is not likely to happen under VVP.

Personally, I'm all for open borders. I'd like to see where everyone goes when the gates fall.

TolkoRaz
26-01-2012, 23:33
Obama is black.

A blackman in the White House :book: Its kind of ironic to me! :10310:

Swordfish90293
27-01-2012, 00:10
So he wanted to get more good brains for free. And he doesn't want to give job to the poor mexicans who lived the other side of the border

Few Mexican intelligencia and professionals immigrate. They have it good in their own country and Mexicans are very patriotic. The ones who immigrate are the undercl**** of which there are many. Like most, they come for a better life. Plus the U.S. doesn't need their brains...we have plenty for everyone except the politicians...

Patriots
27-01-2012, 01:04
Gena, you keep giving examples of people (Yak and Drtnsnw) who have visas approved by the Russian government, Chinese people can and do come to Russia if the government allows them a visa.

What Obama said, that you missed, was that all the people without papers who grew up in the US would be given legal rights, which is not likely to happen under VVP.

Personally, I'm all for open borders. I'd like to see where everyone goes when the gates fall.

I'm going to Disney Land!

Korotky Gennady
27-01-2012, 01:05
korotky the raving capitalist!!

Nope. Simply I'm for the fair society where those are prosperous who do work better.

Not lazy native habitants.

Korotky Gennady
27-01-2012, 01:06
A blackman in the White House :book: Its kind of ironic to me! :10310:

Is a whiteman in the Black House better ?

Korotky Gennady
27-01-2012, 01:08

If you are for the open borders you should agree with me that Obama made the wrong speach.

People don't need visa to go where they want. It's their natural right to go anywhere. You haven't moral basis to ban them to do so. As I am born here I don't give a f//ck that somebody before my birth decides that all the Earth's surface should be shared between human herds.

The Wild animals have no pappers and move where they want. Why do you ban people from that ?

Jack17
27-01-2012, 01:15
Nope. Simply I'm for the fair society where those are prosperous who do work better.

There should be open borders everywhere. The debate about closing borders in the US is nonsense. If there were no work for poor Mexicans and others in the States, they wouldn't come; it's as simple as that. When illegal immigrants no longer want to pick strawberries for $8 per hour or mow lawns for $80 per month, then illegal immigration will stop. When Uzbeks in Moskva stop wanting to sweep the streets for a free apartment, they'll stop coming to Moskva. What's the big deal? Every country has its saturation point for cheap labor; when it's reached, the immigration (legal and otherwise) will stop. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it; just enjoy the cheap strawberries and clean streets.

Patriots
27-01-2012, 01:20

You know natives can get lazy anywhere and people coming to a new place feel a need to work hard and usally have to. No family or friends to distract them bored because you don't know where to go or what to do. Why so many will waste time on a site like this.

Korotky Gennady
27-01-2012, 01:27
When Uzbeks in Moskva stop wanting to sweep the streets for a free apartment, they'll stop coming to Moskva.

Jack, this is my point.

In his last article in the Nezavisimai Gazeta V. V. Putin pounced on the immigrants for they haven't all need pappers to live here.

But these people work here. They work very hard. I see it every day in my house's yard. So what the moral right does Mr. Putin have to make this attack !?

Patriots
27-01-2012, 01:27
There should be open borders everywhere. The debate about closing borders in the US is nonsense. If there were no work for poor Mexicans and others in the States, they wouldn't come; it's as simple as that. When illegal immigrants no longer want to pick strawberries for $8 per hour or mow lawns for $80 per month, then illegal immigration will stop. When Uzbeks in Moskva stop wanting to sweep the streets for a free apartment, they'll stop coming to Moskva. What's the big deal? Every country has its saturation point for cheap labor; when it's reached, the immigration (legal and otherwise) will stop. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it; just enjoy the cheap strawberries and clean streets.

Very true, you don't want to pay a lot for strawberries you get cheap labor, Americans are going to do it. I don't know why the just don't give work visas and bus them in and out as needed.

Patriots
27-01-2012, 01:30
If you are for the open borders you should agree with me that Obama made the wrong speach.

People don't need visa to go where they want. It's their natural right to go anywhere. You haven't moral basis to ban them to do so. As I am born here I don't give a f//ck that somebody before my birth decides that all the Earth's surface should be shared between human herds.

The Wild animals have no pappers and move where they want. Why do you ban people from that ?

Maybe they're thinking about keeping people in and not out, did you ever think of that? You know things are what the used to be in the states.

Korotky Gennady
27-01-2012, 01:37
The ones who immigrate are the undercl**** of which there are many. Like most, they come for a better life.

Plus the U.S. doesn't need their brains...we have plenty for everyone except the politicians...

You see... The United States of America isn't the occupied territory by the white Anglo-Saxons.

It's the land of immigrants. All your ancestors came here from the other side of the ocean. So what the right do you have to stop those who didn't manage to come here in time ?

The american indians lived here long before you.

( by the way Russia isn't the land which was occupied by the 'russians' also. Let everyone who wants have the opportunity to come here for living... )

Korotky Gennady
27-01-2012, 01:47
Maybe they're thinking about keeping people in and not out, did you ever think of that?

:)))) may be your assumption is true for Iosif Stalin's age.

Georgian Stalin loved the russian people so much that he never leted them be out of the USSR.