PDA

View Full Version : Nice to be here

O'xana
24-01-2012, 22:56
Hi all,

Was looking for a descent forum where I can post some questions, as well as provide some answers.
It's nice that I finally found a good, living online community with a lot of people from different parts of the world, good to be here!

Greetings :mml:

robertmf
24-01-2012, 23:10
Hi all,

Was looking for a descent forum where I can post some questions, as well as provide some answers.
It's nice that I finally found a good, living online community with a lot of people from different parts of the world, good to be here!

Привет Оьхана :wavey: Yes, this is good forum for information and in turn helping others with questions. Keep an eye on the [Calendar], tool, for events :mml:

This is also a good place to find :10518: :shamp: :)

O'xana
25-01-2012, 00:12
Thanks for the tips! And I liked your interpretation of my name "Оьхаna"... very interesting variant btw, how would you pronounce it in Russian, I wonder :-)

And this one sounds very promising ... :-)

This is also a good place to find :10518: :shamp: :)

Judge
25-01-2012, 00:26
Welcome to the site, enjoy your time here.

robertmf
25-01-2012, 01:15
Thanks for the tips! And I liked your interpretation of my name "Оьхаna"... very interesting variant btw, how would you pronounce it in Russian, I wonder :-)

And this one sounds very promising ... :-)

:11157: :doh: I thought you are Russian/Русская !! No нет nyet :question:

O'xana == O'khana == Оьxана

И ну говорите по-Русски ... и вы в Москве :question:

O'xana
25-01-2012, 01:27
haha :-) this is getting funny !! "O'khana" is even more creative!! and don't mind it at all, but in fact, everything is much simpler and sometimes "x" stands for "ks" as well :-)

robertmf
25-01-2012, 02:58
haha :-) this is getting funny !! "O'khana" is even more creative!! and don't mind it at all, but in fact, everything is much simpler and sometimes "x" stands for "ks" as well :-)

Please don't leave us in suspense ... what sort of name is "O'xana :question:

Is it some sort of variation on "O Susanna" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Oh_Susanna.ogg) :question:

Benedikt
25-01-2012, 07:16

but to make the Avatar a little bit more interesting and intriguing you changed your name a little bit. and why not. at least you got the conversation going and got answers, more then just a little -hi, welcome to the site-:hooray:

O'xana
25-01-2012, 11:35
Is it some sort of variation on "O Susanna":question:

:10241:

...... just call me Bob then :)

O'xana
25-01-2012, 12:18
Uh-oh..

Ummmmmmmmmm... no.

Brevity is the sister of talent, I suppose :)

martpark
25-01-2012, 12:36
Hi and welcome to the site!

PS Be grateful. He could have written 'Okhrana'. ;)

O'xana
25-01-2012, 13:08

I AM :) I've already started to make a list of variations!

PS Thanks for your contribution to it as well ;)

mrzuzzo
25-01-2012, 14:20
And your name is probably spelled "OxSana" in your passport right?

O'xana
25-01-2012, 14:57
And your name is probably spelled "OxSana" in your passport right?

missed! :neiner:

mrzuzzo
25-01-2012, 15:07
missed! :neiner:

It's spelled just like "Oxana"? I thought Oxsana was the correct spelling in the Russian passports...

O'xana
25-01-2012, 16:35
It's spelled just like "Oxana"?

BINGO:10806:

lacrima
25-01-2012, 16:39
Brevity is the sister of talent, I suppose :)

No, it is not!:evilgrin:

The English say BREVITY IS THE SOUL OF WIT, though in any case it's a bit off topic here

O'xana
25-01-2012, 16:41
My talents are in other areas... :trampoline:

From this very moment details, please :10310:

O'xana
25-01-2012, 16:58
No, it is not!:evilgrin:

The English say BREVITY IS THE SOUL OF WIT, though in any case it's a bit off topic here

Thanks for enlightening, but I'm not English that's why I prefer Chekhov's variant rather than Shakespeare's :)

and I guess small deviations from the main topic aren't against the rules :)

robertmf
25-01-2012, 17:11
Hi and welcome to the site!

... or Okra :Loco: ... :rofl:

robertmf
25-01-2012, 17:16
Thanks for enlightening, but I'm not English that's why I prefer Chekhov's variant rather than Shakespeare's :)

Oxana is a Russian name ? ...

Yes. Depending on who's doing moderating at the moment, Rule #2 (http://www.expat.ru/forum/rules.php) is enforced

Patriots
25-01-2012, 20:31
Hi all,

Hey you're pretty cute.

jeni01
25-01-2012, 21:39
... or Okra :Loco: ... :rofl:

Okra is a name of a veggie(in some other country), better than Okrana eh?:D

robertmf
25-01-2012, 21:46
Okra is a name of a veggie(in some other country), better than Okrana eh?:D

:wavey: Мне нравиться Охана, а не :yuk: окра

Okra not Oxana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okra#Culinary_use)

TheLockswitcher
25-01-2012, 22:07

You've come to the right place...

O'xana
25-01-2012, 23:29
Dear, robertmf

You're the greatest contributor to my thread, thanks for keeping it going on, and also for enlarging my knowledge by wikipedia links, seriously, it's interesting stuff :)

As for my name, it's a Ukrainian one, Russian variant is Kseniya

:wavey: Мне нравиться Охана, а не :yuk: окра

Thank you!..... but if I should check Rule #2, then you definitely should read one more time Rule #29 (http://www.expat.ru/forum/rules.php)

Best regards :)

O'xana
26-01-2012, 11:56
Hey! Come on! Let robertmf show his skills here...

like a good girl, I'm just trying to follow the rules, and really don't want robertmf to get into trouble and be banned from this lovely place....it'll be an irretrievable loss! :(:(:(

robertmf
30-01-2012, 17:03
Dear, robertmf

You're the greatest contributor to my thread, thanks for keeping it going on, and also for enlarging my knowledge by wikipedia links, seriously, it's interesting stuff :)

As for my name, it's a Ukrainian one, Russian variant is Kseniya

Thank you!..... but if I should check Rule #2, then you definitely should read one more time Rule #29 (http://www.expat.ru/forum/rules.php)

Best regards :)

:wavey:
How do you get Ксения from Охана :question:

#29 is a bit loose, similar to copyright law allows a sentence or paragraph to be reproduced. You'll see bits & pieces of various languages here :mml:

The modern troika in Siberian winter

The Russian bear (http://www.americandailyherald.com/20110818723/europe/teen-and-stepfather-eaten-alive-in-horrific-bear-attack-in-russia)

O'xana
30-01-2012, 20:38

I guess it's a linguistic magic :) and it's just vice verse - Oxana comes from Kseniya

PS did you star as a policeman in this video :ok:

robertmf
30-01-2012, 22:49
I guess it's a linguistic magic :) and it's just vice verse - Oxana comes from Kseniya

PS did you star as a policeman in this video :ok:

:jawdrop: No :) hehe I saw the video and thought this to be a ..umm.. modern version of the Siberian wolves chasing the troikas in 19th century Russian literature.

robertmf
30-01-2012, 22:53

So when you are in Moscow, you are Oxana - and when you ride the Kiev funicular, you are Kseniya !

:ok: All explained now :rotf: Very simple :celebrate:

P.S. Are you a blonde :question:

O'xana
30-01-2012, 23:28
:jawdrop: No :) hehe I saw the video and thought this to be a ..umm.. modern version of the Siberian wolves chasing the troikas in 19th century Russian literature.

Haha! sort of, but it's faaaar from being Siberia, if you have a look at this "M23" - it's a highway that runs along the Black Sea coast, connecting the cities of Rostov-on-Don and Taganrog... just FYI :10220:

O'xana
30-01-2012, 23:42
So when you are in Moscow, you are Oxana - and when you ride the Kiev funicular, you are Kseniya !

you are incorrigible..... mixed up again :doh:
Kseniya - is a Russian name (Moscow), Oxana - is a Ukrainian (Kiev)

Ps....and who is blonde here....that's the question :neiner:

robertmf
31-01-2012, 00:46
Haha! sort of, but it's faaaar from being Siberia, if you have a look at this "M23" - it's a highway that runs along the Black Sea coast, connecting the cities of Rostov-on-Don and Taganrog... just FYI :10220:

Oh, **that** M23. :confused: I was confused and on the highway on the other side of the Black sea - running from Samsun <-> Trabzon.

robertmf
31-01-2012, 00:49

Ps....and who is blonde here....that's the question :neiner:

:whisper: You are шпион with many names/aliases :question:

(Good usage of "incorrigible")

:10220:

O'xana
31-01-2012, 01:10
:whisper: You are шпион with many names/aliases :question:

here we go again.... can you possibly think of something more creative?.... this is too way trite....:duhhhh:

Patriots
31-01-2012, 01:14
here we go again.... can you possibly think of something more creative?.... this is too way trite....:duhhhh:

Wow your English is good, trite? I gotta look that one up.

Cute.

Smart.

Funny.

This girl has got a lot going for her.

robertmf
31-01-2012, 02:51

Such as ................. :question:

:11030: I'm out of ideas without you posting a few pictures. Isn't that Rule Catch-22 :question:

:evilgrin:

Where did you study/learn English ? Do you speak American or limey accent ?

O'xana
31-01-2012, 11:41
Wow your English is good, trite? I gotta look that one up.

.... need good English lessons to enlarge your vocabulary, I'll be more than glad to help you :)

O'xana
31-01-2012, 11:57
I'm out of ideas without you posting a few pictures.

do you mean my fingerprints...? sorry, cannot do that, they're in this confidential file in FSB... maybe some other time then? :)

Where did you study/learn English ? Do you speak American or limey accent ?

vide supra

Patriots
31-01-2012, 12:59
.... need good English lessons to enlarge your vocabulary, I'll be more than glad to help you :)

And she is very kind too. Your too perfect to be true.

O'xana
31-01-2012, 13:23
And she is very kind too. Your too perfect to be true.

cannot do anything about it, it's just the way I am... ;)

robertmf
31-01-2012, 15:55
... vide supra

See above what :question:

robertmf
31-01-2012, 16:00

Do you know the television show Law & Order ? :emote_popcorn: I watched a rerun episode last evening. It was about Romanian|Rumanian criminals smuggling mail order brides into the USA.

One of the "brides" was named ............................ Oxana !! Yes !!

So are you ethnic Romanian ?

O'xana
31-01-2012, 22:41
See above what :question:

do you mean my fingerprints...? sorry, cannot do that, they're in this confidential file in FSB... maybe some other time then? :)

Where could I possibly learn English if I'm a spy according to you....:confused1:
Is it this so-called male logic...... :duhhhh:

Samodika
31-01-2012, 22:44

The same way as we get Sasha from Alexandra ))))

O'xana
31-01-2012, 22:49
Do you know the television show Law & Order ? :emote_popcorn: I watched a rerun episode last evening. It was about Romanian|Rumanian criminals smuggling mail order brides into the USA.

One of the "brides" was named ............................ Oxana !! Yes !!

So are you ethnic Romanian ?

I was expecting another question...like smth "Was it you?".....but you disappointed me :(
anyway, I am not Romanian, I am 100% Russian!

TolkoRaz
31-01-2012, 23:14
The same way as we get Sasha from Alexandra ))))

Alexander :book:

O'xana
01-02-2012, 00:12
Alexander :book:

not necessary, there is a female name Alexandra the short form of which is Sasha which in its turn is a short form of a male name Alexander... everything is simple! ;)

TolkoRaz
01-02-2012, 00:17
not necessary, there is a female name Alexandra the short form of which is Sasha which in its turn is a short form of a male name Alexander... everything is simple! ;)

Thank you Oksana :) I was aware of that and just adding Alexander to the list of Sasha diminutives! :)

O'xana
01-02-2012, 15:33
Thank you Oksana :) I was aware of that and just adding Alexander to the list of Sasha diminutives! :)

You are very welcome ;)

Patriots
01-02-2012, 15:47
Where could I possibly learn English if I'm a spy according to you....:confused1:
Is it this so-called male logic...... :duhhhh:

My girlfriend says males have no logic and that they always think with the wrong head.

robertmf
01-02-2012, 15:49
My girlfriend says males have no logic and that they always think with the wrong head.

:Loco:

O'xana
01-02-2012, 22:08
:Loco:

Oh, come on! This nice picture just shows that girls have a lot of choice whereas guys have none at all...... :11030: