PDA

View Full Version : Storage for luggage at Schiphol Airport?

mrzuzzo
23-01-2012, 20:03
Has anyone ever used the storage for luggage at Schiphol? Is it even still there? I've noticed less and less airports have this service now...

Does anyone know if they'll take my skis for a week?

I'm going to Amsterdam for a week then going skiing in the canadian Rockies, then coming back to Amsterdam for another week and am trying to figure out what to do with the skis while in Amsterdam.. I'm open to any other ideas..

Thanks!

Swordfish90293
23-01-2012, 23:13
Storage down the elevator, there are paid lockers and a check where you can leave your crap...what hey'll charge for 2 weeks you can rent a performance package and thrash them...

FatAndy
24-01-2012, 10:38
I saw only automated lockers there, and for suitcases, not skis. Maybe you'll be lucky to put skis diagonally into bigger locker cell...

Tony P
24-01-2012, 12:49
My Partner is in Amsterdam on business today and will have a long wait at Schiphol tonight before coming back here.

I'll SMS her to ask around about ski storage.

mrzuzzo
24-01-2012, 13:32
My Partner is in Amsterdam on business today and will have a long wait at Schiphol tonight before coming back here.

I'll SMS her to ask around about ski storage.

That would be awesome! Thank You!

Tony P
25-01-2012, 15:06
She asked at an Information Desk and was told there were two areas for left luggage storage, one in Departures the other in Arrivals.
Apart from self-service lockers there is also a place for non standard size items that are handed in and held in a secure area.
Cost is from 5Euro/day.

(Your beer bill is increasing! ;) )

mrzuzzo
25-01-2012, 15:09
She asked at an Information Desk and was told there were two areas for left luggage storage, one in Departures the other in Arrivals.
Apart from self-service lockers there is also a place for non standard size items that are handed in and held in a secure area.
Cost is from 5Euro/day.

(Your beer bill is increasing! ;) )

Nice! Thanks man. Problem solved!

So I'm guessing it'll be around 10-15 Euro a day for my skis then. Fair enough. The skis I have are better than anything I'd be able to rent. 10 Euros is nothing when considering that a day of skiing costs well over $100 in the Rockies..

Benedikt
25-01-2012, 17:42
and when you return your flat might be empty and your car somewhere in Dagestan for spares. I would NOT post to many details on ANY net,special when going on vacation.and i am NOT paranoid, ask any cop about burglary statistics, which were found out from reading posts on the social networks..

mrzuzzo
25-01-2012, 17:50
and when you return your flat might be empty and your car somewhere in Dagestan for spares. I would NOT post to many details on ANY net,special when going on vacation.and i am NOT paranoid, ask any cop about burglary statistics, which were found out from reading posts on the social networks..

The most expensive thing to steal in my apartment is a 19" tube TV from the late 90s. I don't leave anything of value in my apartment either way.

My car will be in a friend's garage. I have nothing to worry about.