PDA

View Full Version : Not so new in Moscow...

mckarla
22-09-2007, 19:46
Hi everyone,
I came here in Feb with thought i will spend only two-three months in Moscow, so i was not involving in any social activities. Unfortunately project i'm working on stretches on and i'm not gonna leave this city for another few month. So it's just time for me to get integrate with city and other people. What would you suggest for beginning? Clubs, sport activities, bars? Are there any organizations for shy-dysfunctional beings :) ? How you manage in the beginning?
all the best

simply_maria
23-09-2007, 21:24
Maybe you should try to find some people as shy as you? Or just some people that share same interest with you... Because bars are not the best in this country, though sportclubs and clubs are quite tolerable.

Margo
23-09-2007, 22:38
Are you working with locals or expats? If locals can't you ask them to take you somewhere?
The comunity on expat.ru thinking about organizing some meeting but seems it is not very easy to bring many together :).
Ezik is inviting everybody to paintball next week :).

mckarla
24-09-2007, 01:49
of course i was kidding with this "shy-dysfunctional being" - it's not so bad with me... Main problem is that mostly i'm working at home and only my boss and my assistant speak English, rest of co-workers are away and do not speak English. as i understand Russian a lot i cannot speak and freely express my thoughts, so i'd like to keep company with other expats.
Paintball sounds great for me, i checked yesterday (but in afternoon) Hemingway's - it's my neighborhood. I was also wondering about British film festival in Oct, maybe people will be interest in meeting there? i'm curios how other people started integrating with moscow?

ezik
24-09-2007, 23:18
Paintball sounds great for me

Check the thread in Expat cafe. Or PM me.
We are on for definite and you're welcome to join. We even do the carpool thing so we can pick you up.

Same goes for Margo, by the way :)