PDA

View Full Version : RT on US Comcast cable television

annasophia
17-01-2012, 12:54
Just found it about an hour ago. I can't believe it.

I have a basic cable TV package, no bells and whistles. In a fit of boredom I was flipping through every channel when I bumped into a listing for Max Keiser.

Max Keiser? The Max Keiser? The rogue ex-trader, Wall Street hater, financial anarchist--on my television? No way, really? It's impossible.

But true. Apparently after a little googling, I discovered that Russia Today channel was added to the basic Comcast package here on Dec. 23, 2011.

Well kiss my butt and call me Charlie. Now I can get the Moscow weather forecast and Max Keiser without having to resort to my tiny computer screen. Damn.

:tv:

(drtnsnw, you could be an international TV celebrity now!)

annasophia
17-01-2012, 13:05
Your time is coming, hang in there.

(you might want to release a sex tape with a washed up, B list, Hollywood starlet just to be sure)

Korotky Gennady
17-01-2012, 16:51
Just found it about an hour ago. I can't believe it.

I have a basic cable TV package, no bells and whistles. In a fit of boredom I was flipping through every channel when I bumped into a listing for Max Keiser.

Max Keiser? The Max Keiser? The rogue ex-trader, Wall Street hater, financial anarchist--on my television? No way, really? It's impossible.

But true. Apparently after a little googling, I discovered that Russia Today channel was added to the basic Comcast package here on Dec. 23, 2011.

Well kiss my butt and call me Charlie. Now I can get the Moscow weather forecast and Max Keiser without having to resort to my tiny computer screen. Damn.

) So it means that since now these Putin's liars start to do their propaganda on the territory of the USA too. (((;

FatAndy
17-01-2012, 16:57
Why allow only USA's liars to make propaganda on RF territory? Streams of $h!t must be balanced :D

Korotky Gennady
17-01-2012, 17:04
Why allow only USA's liars to make propaganda on RF territory? Streams of $h!t must be balanced :D

Not quite so... We shouldn't balance the lies of the every side. Rather it's worth to forbid the making people the fools with help of radio waves.

SpinaPubica
17-01-2012, 17:12
So it means that since now these Putin's liars start to do their propaganda on the territory of the USA too. (((;

I like Putin .

wait... is it relevant to this thread ??

anyways i like Putin ....

this still doesnt go well with my "footer" though :D

Korotky Gennady
17-01-2012, 17:24
this still doesnt go well with my "footer" though :D

I have no guess what does the word "your footer" mean....

I hate Putin but I don't know is it relevant to this thread also.

SpinaPubica
17-01-2012, 17:35
I have no guess what does the word "your footer" mean....

I hate Putin but I don't know is it relevant to this thread also.

"header-footer" like in MS word.

mine is about politics and politicians, pls read below

antfidel
17-01-2012, 18:09
Heard RT was an awful place to work, workplace is filled with misogyny and draconian management? Pretty fitting for a news outlet that the Kremlin keeps on a short leash, actually.

Korotky Gennady
17-01-2012, 18:18
Heard RT was an awful place to work, workplace is filled with misogyny

Are they all devoted gays there ?

Korotky Gennady
17-01-2012, 18:29
This Putin's dogie has been made the head of Russia Today http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Margarita_Simonyan_14_April_2010.jpg

She often is up on the Russia main tv-channels where she barks at the Putin's enemies very well... I think that in this way she deserved her high appointment. :))))

She is the age of Anna Chapman.

Now she is washing up our brains.

robertmf
17-01-2012, 18:59

(drtnsnw, you could be an international TV celebrity now!)

Apparently "Not in Philadelphia" :(

RT in USA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network))

Russian channels (Philly area) (http://www.comcast.com/corporate/programming/intlnetworks/russian.html?SCRedirect=true)

Korotky Gennady
17-01-2012, 19:23
Apparently "Not in Philadelphia" :(

Poor Philadelphia.

City of the brotherly love.

robertmf
17-01-2012, 19:59
Poor Philadelphia.

City of the brotherly love.

W.C. Fields (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/W._C._Fields) :clown:

FatAndy
18-01-2012, 00:19
Not quite so... We shouldn't balance the lies of the every side. Rather it's worth to forbid the making people the fools with help of radio waves.

W H A T T T T ? ? ? ! ! ! :confused1:
:whisper: Radiowaves were specially invented for this! :D

JimG
18-01-2012, 00:37
So it means that since now these Putin's liars start to do their propaganda on the territory of the USA too. (((;

1) Just asking, but you are a russian that does not like the current situation in russia right? (and posting on an ex-pat forum). Completely excuse me for maybe not understanding please, but isn't this site for non Russians? (expats?) I have never really figured this out. Maybe Nettie can help explain why she is here?

2). You have mentioned before you are censored on the "Russian version" of this site, where is that by the way?

3). Cheer up I say, it's just broken plaster, dirty snow and air, no sun, nasty one eyed bums, trash on the steet, what else are you un - happy about!

4). By the way, I have lived with the MSM in America (main stream media) forever, and RT is the only station that I like and believed says it MOST truthfully. What can you specifically say that you disagree with? Do you agree with most of MSM in Amerika?

With all due respect:wavey:

martpark
18-01-2012, 01:07
1) Just asking, but you are a russian that does not like the current situation in russia right? (and posting on an ex-pat forum). Completely excuse me for maybe not understanding please, but isn't this site for non Russians? (expats?) I have never really figured this out. Maybe Nettie can help explain why she is here?

From the top of the page:

The virtual community for English-speaking expats and Russians

But, in reality, you could choose whatever language in the multilingual part of the site.

Korotky Gennady
18-01-2012, 02:11

2). You have mentioned before you are censored on the "Russian version" of this site, where is that by the way?

3). Cheer up I say, it's just broken plaster, dirty snow and air, no sun, nasty one eyed bums, trash on the steet, what else are you un - happy about!

4). By the way, I have lived with the MSM in America (main stream media) forever, and RT is the only station that I like and believed says it MOST truthfully. What can you specifically say that you disagree with? Do you agree with most of MSM in Amerika?

1) Are you an american? This site is not only for expats but for russians too. Here expats and russian can communicate with each other. And I personally have opportunity to post in english.

Maybe you don't know this thing but many russians in RF speak english very bad.

Besides that I like western culture not less than russian one.

2) http://www.expat.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

3) It's quite unclear why should I be happy about everything you decribe ? :))))) Maybe I should be happy about my pitiful salary too ?

4) It's your big mistake that you believe RT. They constantly lie about "happy" life in Russia. They lie so much that they overlie even russian official MSM.

And I don't live in America and I don't know what information they give to you.. I speak only about RT becoz I know the situation here very well.

I can compare what they tell to the western tv-viewer about the life in Russia with what it is in reality.

They create the real virtual world instead of speaking truth as their journalist dute obliges them.