PDA

View Full Version : speaking english in this non english speaking city

Masha_Y
21-09-2007, 22:44
hey all,

Have returned home after a while in UK and being happy being home i do feel my enlgish is literary 'fading' away (casual ramblings at Silvers' don't help). so would be lovely to actually meet people to speak english, am not an internet person and too lazy to email :) (but think can do one or two set ping pongs)
So if you fancy catching up for coffees, or walks in the city (i am originally a muscovite, and with a long family history in the city) so do know a few things - do contact -would be fun.... I'm into clubs and restaurants and going out so can share what i found on arrival too.

Thank you and cheers,

M

ezik
21-09-2007, 23:07
Welcome Masha.
Some of us are planning a paintball event next week. We will be shooting coloured jelly balls for fun. And will scream 'ouch!' in English and Russian. So to kick off your return to town with a blast, this might be a good one! :)

Masha_Y
21-09-2007, 23:11
Thanks for the invitation, is there a 'nurse squad' as i'd rather enroll to this one, am pretty useless in paintball, my last (and first) experience ended in my giving in 2 mins after the game started as the first coloured ball hit my ankle :)

ezik
21-09-2007, 23:25
Erhm... I see. Yep that sort of kills the fun in it, doesn't it? But if you want to give it a 2nd try, you're welcome. Of course you're also welcome to stand by and provide first aid, but I suppose there is no 'squad' to support you there.

We'll think of something else. I remember our resident chef Benedikt once proposing cooking classes in English...

Masha_Y
22-09-2007, 11:39
I was only joking about the 'nurse squad', but the chef thing sounds FAN_TAS_TIC!!! Will be looking forward to it!! I just love cooking. Thank you thank you thank you.