PDA

View Full Version : New Year in Russia - best gift for you?

SAV
29-12-2011, 13:04
What gift would you like to get on New Year?

Judge
29-12-2011, 18:36
Not a gift for the new year but maybe later in the year , I would like to get a dog..It's been too long(nearly 2 years) without man's best friend.

natlee
29-12-2011, 18:39
An SUV? :shame:

TolkoRaz
29-12-2011, 23:39
A fair, just and stable political system in Russia.

A SUV is more likely! ;)

DavidB
29-12-2011, 23:42
A fair, just and stable political system in Russia.

What is unstable about the current system?

robertmf
30-12-2011, 00:34

Yes. :floating: VVP has the situation firmly in hand **Robert rolling eyeballs**

Re: Biblical Exodus (http://www.expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=380431) :plane:

TolkoRaz
30-12-2011, 00:38

The Russian Federation is as about as stable as a 3 legged table 2 Muzhiks tried to build whilst drowning their sorrows with Vodka ;)

Have you not been watching the news lately? :book:

robertmf
30-12-2011, 00:52
The Russian Federation is as about as stable as a 3 legged table 2 Muzhiks tried to build whilst drowning their sorrows with Vodka ;)

..er.. actually a 3-legged table is a paradigm of stability. I think you mixed metaphors here ... :11030:

Standing on two legs is already tough enough. That’s why children start out crawling. It’s easy to stay balanced on all fours. Two feet is a different thing. We’re not aware of it, but our body is constantly making minor adjustments to keep us from falling over.

A child’s first step is a marvelous and memorable moment. But watch as the child learns to put five or six steps together, or simply to stand without holding onto something. You can almost see the young mind working to keep the body balanced. If you want to really appreciate what a feat this is, try standing on your hands.

If we were born with three legs, standing wouldn’t take all that effort. We don’t make tables with one or two legs because they’d fall down. But add a properly situated third leg, and you have a nice, solid foundation.

Three is special in this regard. It’s exactly the right number to define a flat surface or plane. It’s impossible for a three legged table to wobble. Tables with four legs can, and often do. If the four legs are uneven, or if the floor’s not flat, the table will wobble — resting first on one set of three legs, then tipping to another.

DavidB
30-12-2011, 00:58
I don't see how anyone can logically conclude that Russian politics has been anything but stable during the past 10 years. The first thing regional CEOs of multinationals mention when asked to compare Russia and Ukraine is that it's possible to do business in Russia because of the political stability, and Ukraine is the absolute opposite.

So who do you propose will replace VVP? The riots will also have to spread a lot further than Moscow and St.Petersburg before there is even a hint of any change.

Jack17
30-12-2011, 01:12
I don't see how anyone can logically conclude that Russian politics has been anything but stable during the past 10 years. The first thing regional CEOs of multinationals mention when asked to compare Russia and Ukraine is that it's possible to do business in Russia because of the political stability, and Ukraine is the absolute opposite.

So who do you propose will replace VVP? The riots will also have to spread a lot further than Moscow and St.Petersburg before there is even a hint of any change.
Après VVP, le déluge.

DavidB
30-12-2011, 01:20
I don't speak a word of French.. Ancestors are from Pisa, so they're technically the enemy. :D