View Full Version : marriage to a russian, while I have dual citizenship of US and Russia

17-12-2011, 04:09
Hi there, I have a question: if I have dual citizenship - US and Russian and want to marry a Russian in Russia - which is the easiest and fastest way for me to do that? Would I do it as an American with all the required docs or would it be easier to do it with my Russian passport - if so, will that marriage be recognized in the US? How long will it take me to get him over here?
Thanks in advance!

17-12-2011, 08:06
On Russian territory you're Russian citizen ONLY. So make usual marriage in ZAGS and get marriage certificate translated and notarised for US.

26-02-2012, 20:26
The fastest and easiest way is to get married in US. No documents are needed except the passport with valid US visa. A Court House will do it in 3 days (Las Vegas is even faster). ZAGS takes 3 month as far as I remember. If you still need more info on the subject feel free to contact me. Congratulations!