PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Invitation Issues

TheMysticalLemur
14-12-2011, 17:30
So here is my situation. I have my letter of invitation. The letter is from January 1 to May 31. My program is from January 9 to April 29. The school says they will extend the VISA when I arrive. The problem is that I have to book a flight. If I book one in May at best I have to pay a 200-300 fee to change my flight until the end of April. At worst I have to buy a one way ticket in April which is insanely expensive.

Could I get away with sending the Embassy Itinerary for leaving in May and actually book my flight for April? Also, my Entry date is the 1st, I do not want to leave until the 6th. Am I required to enter the country on the exact day of my Letter of invitation or can I enter after that date?

I did not have any of these issues on my last visit >.>

The school I am attending is MGU.

FatAndy
14-12-2011, 17:47
Am I required to enter the country on the exact day of my Letter of invitation or can I enter after that date? - on any day covered by visa.

DavidB
14-12-2011, 18:09
You can enter and leave on any day within the dates specified on your invitation and visa (they should be the same dates). You don't need to show the embassy an itinerary or flight bookings - that is a myth invented by travel agencies, probably to force you to book flights through them.