PDA

View Full Version : Work Permit

NikolaIvanov
08-12-2011, 23:49
Hello fellow forum members!

I have a certain situation and was hoping some of you can share his/hers experiences with me.

I have a Russian girlfriend, we have dated for almost 3 years,but it is a long-distance relationship. I am from Macedonia, and we constantly travel one to another so we decided to settle down at one place. Since she does not want to leave Russia, here I am. At the moment we are looking for a way for me to get there, she lives in Orel (city around 400 km away from Moscow, near Ukrainian border), and wanted to know something about that quota thing the Russians have. I cant seem to find any information about how much is the quota for that city or area. She went to the immigration center in her city and asked the responsible officer there, and they replied that it is almost impossible to get to Russia as a high qualified worker, so what is left is marriage.

I read somewhere that the quota for Moscow is 1500 every year, does anyone know where can i find info about the quota in Orel? And if I do get married, how long does it take to get residence permit and work permit?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

DavidB
09-12-2011, 01:33
2012 quotas for TRP: http://www.garant.ru/products/ipo/prime/doc/55072587/

There are some good posts about the TRP process which you can read. In Russian, you will have to ask about разрешение на временное проживание.

You have to take your registration, migration card and passport to the UFMS office on the first business day of the month. Then you can try to apply for a place on the quota. If you're married to a Russian citizen, you aren't subject to the quota and you can apply for a TRP at any time.

Edit: and it takes 6 months from the date you submit your application to get a residence permit. during that time, you will have to organise your own visas.